Currency Trading (Oct 9th > 13th)

Who will be Top of the Pips at the end of this week? Will it be.......

• Yazz - The Only Way is Up

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Idlewild - Stay The Same

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Quo - Down, Down, Deeper and Down

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Transvision Vamp - Baby, I Don't Care

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown said:
...this will probably be the last lock in at +110....just in time, fire drill! Catch ya l8tr.
...out for +110. Hrly inside just printed with close just above lower bolli. Might be good for a long, but i'm done for the day.

Chow for now.

Well done chow very nice trade

Looks like Ive got to wait for tomorrow, no problem though given the range of 477 to 611

dc2000 said:
Well done chow very nice trade

Looks like Ive got to wait for tomorrow, no problem though given the range of 477 to 611

It'll have to be something fierce to break 494 imo..I reckon we'll have a bounce from there up to 620 .

Offshore Trader said:
Morning guys. Long at 56 hoping for a sustained breakout on the upside

not too sustained, I hope. I am net short.

Looking for a decent pull-back for another short entry. 620 or seems consensus.
( which may or may not be 50% of yesterdays High-Low. )

dc2000 said:
Wish granted

same same looking for 420

Dear DC Santa

Thank you for making the Dow drop 40 points yesterday. Please can I ask you to push it another 360 points lower?

Ive been a very good boy

Thank you

zuke said:
Dear DC Santa

Thank you for making the Dow drop 40 points yesterday. Please can I ask you to push it another 360 points lower?

Ive been a very good boy

Thank you

You'll have to wait in the queue. I wrote to him last night asking for the same thing :cheesy:

a'noon all,

...like wading through treacle atm, i'm long with a b/e stop. Seems like it needs to back off for a while.

Ive been a very good boy

Santa has strapped parachute air brakes and a big fff anchor to the sleigh for this one he needs to be able to get off safely and count his wad

Pssst dont mention its the 11th October spooky

No position on Cable for me yet..currently short EUR/JPY from 150.05 looking for 149.35 and short the Dow.

for cable if we hit 545 before 2pm then I'll be back in

could do with the Dow getting to -70 at the open just to confirm

ChowClown said:
a'noon all,

...like wading through treacle atm, i'm long with a b/e stop. Seems like it needs to back off for a while.
Flat. Nipping out for a while. Might re-arm long (given an opportunity) when i'm back.

I asked about the NOK spread on Oanda but the thread's been hijacked by a couple of numptys.I've asked again in the 'platform' forum so hopefully that will elicit a response.A 25% hike seems unwarranted to me under any circumstances.

ChowClown said:
...just done a quick southbound calc and there's a 8400 target from the 8650 level. P'raps before the end of the week.
...8400 still a target for this week off the 240. Will still consider re-arming today's long order if it hits 525 area.

Last edited:
...there's a Bush Press Conference at 3pm, i've just noticed - N Korea and 'strength' of economy.

ChowClown said:
...8400 still a target for this week off the 240. Will still consider re-arming today's long order if it hits 525 area.

I am bit conused you say it might go to 8400 yet you are planning to re-arm your long order , is that just a short term trade ??? :rolleyes:

Any of you peep's like to give me a view on USDCAD? I accidentally doubled my position yesterday when I clicked the wrong button, adding to my short position instead of coming out. Didn't want to lose the spread so stayed in. Now it's even harder against me and I still can't see a reason to stay short. Any views anyone??

Uphios said:
Any of you peep's like to give me a view on USDCAD? I accidentally doubled my position yesterday when I clicked the wrong button, adding to my short position instead of coming out. Didn't want to lose the spread so stayed in. Now it's even harder against me and I still can't see a reason to stay short. Any views anyone??

How many pips are you looking at to b\e

rav700 said:
How many pips are you looking at to b\e
About 40 would put me back at my inadvertent double. About 90 would put me back to original entry point. I wouldn't mind but even the first position was only supposed to be a scalp of 20 points which worked until I hit the buy button when my system just hung. By the time I re-booted it was back to my entry point.

Last edited: