Currency trading (Oct 16th > 20th)

wheres it going and whats your favourite? (split)

• Total voters
Just scalped another 10 on the upward move. When is it just going to fall and fall and I can just come back to the screen every 10mins or so to check on it ?!

Next key down level 8650, last nights US closed at 8681(close time according to Zoran Kolundzic whoever he is) so should stay around this mark me thinks. Will short again at 8707

Exited all longs at 83, took a combined hit of 73 pips. Had a week end target of 8800,now plan B........

JER08 said:
Exited all longs at 83, took a combined hit of 73 pips. Had a week end target of 8800,now plan B........

ouch, - why didnt you just wait for the classic retrace? - were you afraid of the1,8665 support point getting breached?

1,8700 now approx

Think dollar is going down , it appears to have broken support line vs CHF and I think Cable will follow to the upside. This choppiness is expensive for me. I hope the next move is sustained or else I'm giving up and leaving it until tomorrow

Classic UK news.

It drops 30, sits there for 10 then retraces... you'd think as its our currency we could make just as good a move as the Americans but no, we have 30 pips, they move it 100...

Bring back the British empire and make us important again!

KTD said:
ouch, - why didnt you just wait for the classic retrace? - were you afraid of the1,8665 support point getting breached?

No, I don't think it'll fall much below 65 even if it's breached, not today anyway, that's why original stop was at 40.

It may even go above 8750 tomorrow, but I don't see it go above 8800 by weekend which was my target.

I may well be proven wrong again. :)

JER08 said:
No, I don't think it'll fall much below 65 even if it's breached, not today anyway, that's why original stop was at 40.

It may even go above 8750 tomorrow, but I don't see it go above 8800 by weekend which was my target.

I may well be proven wrong again. :)

I reckon you're right. I very much doubt that it will break the 1,8720 resistance. It has tried several times now but traders just arent keen on it. And as long as the USD keeps showing consensus numbers, I just dont think it's happening any time soon. (the rest of the week at least).

I'm going short again if it touches 1,8720 again, not sure about these intraday plots.

Offshore Trader said:
Think dollar is going down , it appears to have broken support line vs CHF and I think Cable will follow to the upside. This choppiness is expensive for me. I hope the next move is sustained or else I'm giving up and leaving it until tomorrow
...both levels re-armed, like you though, for the last time today - the 3rd trade tends to be a 'saviour' for the day, but there's no telling today of course....and it looks long again in a mo.

Looking to abandon my short soon. Not because I don't think it will make target, that could go either way at the moment. However it has been a frustrating week on cable for me and I think I need to give it a rest for a while, might try oil instead :confused:

KTD said:
where did you enter with your short Uphios?

.8642. Bit of a mistake was good entry night before and I jumped in without rechecking the charts in the morning, which by then indicated a long to .8724.

Whilst writing, does everybody else simply hate receiving PM's trying to solicit your interest in a 1000% system you have never heard of and couldn't care less about?

Uphios said:
.8642. Bit of a mistake was good entry night before and I jumped in without rechecking the charts in the morning, which by then indicated a long to .8724.

Whilst writing, does everybody else simply hate receiving PM's trying to solicit your interest in a 1000% system you have never heard of and couldn't care less about?
I enquired about that just out of interest and now get a mail every now and then saying 'are you still interested'... my lack of replies should tell him I am not.

PS cable has to be one of the most frustrating things to try and trade, stick with it you'll have your pips back, just wait for the news later on...

I'll go with that DC, or to the downside 8620 ? You still looking for your long mate from 8619 ?

I don't think it is just cable, I had been doing pretty well on it a few weeks back and tripled my account in 3 weeks. Then I hit a little bit of a lean patch and changed over to 4 hr charting whilst I work through the lean spell. Well, it has actually got worse since, mostly very dull and now locked in to a wrong 'un. 8 trades on Monday and happy, then this one on Tuesday morning and nothing but watching ever since. Only 2 days but feels like forever.