Currency trading (Oct 16th > 20th)

wheres it going and whats your favourite? (split)

• Total voters
the trendline did its job again...

will it follow through though? UK news tends not too. :(

Attachments

• Chart of GBP~USD.gif
    Chart of GBP~USD.gif
    41.7 KB · Views: 177
wasp said:
the trendline did its job again...

will it follow through though? UK news tends not too. :(

Couldn't agree more. A **** set of numbers and it's still higher than last night and on the strong side against the rest of the world currencies.

Obviously not what I was hoping for but stopped out for small loss and now short, although a little concerned by the overall weak tone of the dollar

Took the money and ran +15, lot of price action around this level i think (here I go again thinking, it'll get me in trouble !) it will dilly dally around here until US figs are out... you watch it tank even more ! ;)

alot of bids at 1,8665 - a wise take profit would be around there.. not sure this lvl will brake, - maybe later tho.

ChowClown said:
...EUR winning the battle now against GBP (240m).

Fighting back a tiny bit but I see the 'comfort' level for EurGbp as 0.6850 and thats still a long way off.

I guess it just amazes me that we hear all the time about US mounting debt and how it's unsustainable but on GDP basis the UK is just about on par.

KTD said:
So where do you wise minds see the cable @ in 8 hours?

8 hours! Now your asking! I tend not to think more than 5 minutes ahead of meself... 600 ish at the moment IMO.

wasp said:
8 hours! Now your asking! I tend not to think more than 5 minutes ahead of meself... 600 ish at the moment IMO.

I know how you feel, - hehe..
But the important stuff is the US numbers, they will without a doubt determine the retrace force, or the break force of the stronger support lvls.

I think short is the way to go, but not confident about the US numbers later.

EURGBP is at a strong res lvl too now..

Edit: spelling errors.. doh

Now it really has broken the line and targets 1.8580. No fibo line there that I can see so first target 1.8610 and if it gets below that I will close trail a stop.

Uphios said:
Now it really has broken the line and targets 1.8580. No fibo line there that I can see so first target 1.8610 and if it gets below that I will close trail a stop.

but so far as we speak, - it hasnt broken the key res point i mentioned earlier @1,8665. It did a retrace as I closed my position at 1,8700 - and it looks like its done with strongest drop.

its definately going on a retrace course now, - advise going short at the top of it, if you have confidence in the US numbers.

excactly,- if the key support is broken, its downwards from here on end.

wowsers! look at it go, - retrace en mas!