Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Back to the seabed--below 150 pips

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Does not make a difference...

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown said:
I'm not prepared to post the full details at this stage, Baruch. Sorry.

Afraid that Soros will steal the Holy Grail from you? :cheesy:

Baruch said:
Afraid that Soros will steal the Holy Grail from you? :cheesy:
I have my grail, you have yours. No doubt yours wouldn't be for me and vice versa. Yours probably made far more pips than mine today though :cheesy:

ChowClown said:
I have my grail, you have yours. No doubt yours wouldn't be for me and vice versa. Yours probably made far more pips than mine today though :cheesy:

I just use good old Big Ben. It's not a secret Holy Grail, but a good method for dummies like myself. And I'm sure that if more used it, it would be even more profitable than now. So I can't understand why not everybody loves to share... ;)

Baruch said:
Well, 3 min to major news. And it could be a big surprise, which can make a turning point for the dollar. Maybe.

Have we seen the high for the Cable rally?

jacinto said:
that got me in at 72 long, looking for 2180 first, then 22

need break of 2090 or will close

edit: moving early to BE as this is counter trend

moving to BE, eurusd not helping much.....yet

Afternoon guys, shorted cable 9466, stop/target open.

Stop set to 9530.

Last edited:
Baruch said:
Have we seen the high for the Cable rally?

I hope so, I went short at 9445 and then again at 9495, stop above 9515, if all goes well we should see a decent correction

Baruch said:
I just use good old Big Ben. It's not a secret Holy Grail, but a good method for dummies like myself. And I'm sure that if more used it, it would be even more profitable than now. So I can't understand why not everybody loves to share... ;)

Perhaps the above is "tongue in cheek" but of course if everyone used BB with exactly the same entry levels then all that would happen is that you would start to get terrible slippage on your entry stop and there would be no follow through as everyone would already be in.

It's for this reason that I deliberately developed my own entry levels for what I am trading.

a_gnome said:
Perhaps the above is "tongue in cheek" but of course if everyone used BB with exactly the same entry levels then all that would happen is that you would start to get terrible slippage on your entry stop and there would be no follow through as everyone would already be in.

It's for this reason that I deliberately developed my own entry levels for what I am trading.

I doubt that Soros and the other hedge funds, which makes the big moves in Cable, care about Big Ben. They don't know what it is. They are looking at the fundamentals instead.

Update on that GBP #F chart

Gettting close to the higher measured move traget of 1.965 area...

Attachments

• cabeupdate.jpg
    cabeupdate.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 199
The Dollar Index is at around 83 with an RSI of circa 23. There is a double bottom support at 81 between Dec 2004 and Feb 2005. Cable has resistance at 1.95

Sterile said:
Ive never got why do they call it cable?

I think that it's so called because it was orginally transmitted between London and New York along a trans-atlantic cable.

dc2000 said:
I have a sell order at 512 and a buy at 337 one is larger than the other and I am in a position from 8:40 this morning

dc,

was your sell order at 512 to close a position or to open one?

dc2000 said:
to open one I will be looking at 486 exit tomorrow

I came back from a nice dinner with a friend to find that I got stopped out at 515, but I am nothing but determined so I went short again at 529, it looked too tempting, it just spiked up to take up some stops and then reversed beatifully.

Why only 486? One would expect a bit more of a correction, do you think that it will just be a small correction before another push higher, maybe to 650?

Why only 486? One would expect a bit more of a correction, do you think that it will just be a small correction before another push higher, maybe to 650?

thats what I expect, I would prefer a slow march 580s for thursday and 600s Friday