• Back to the seabed--below 150 pips

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Does not make a difference...

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Baruch said:
The BB train has left the station.

I must have read the BB rules many times, but I am still not sure how they work, when it gets a bit quieter I would appreciate if you can post them again.

I am short too, have you got a target? When/how do you close?

mark twain uk said:
I must have read the BB rules many times, but I am still not sure how they work, when it gets a bit quieter I would appreciate if you can post them again.

I assume for BB you mean big ben, not Big Baruch.

if you trade the asian range, the first target is the height of the range, add to the breakout, and bingo, target. It assumes the asian range is a rectangle, hence the measured move.

clean up operation on gold by SB companies, spike up for few seconds to above 646, I had a stop loss of 645, it has not been trigerred yet but I have no ilusions, don't you love the way they manage to go for the stops

mark twain uk said:

I have no target. I use a trailing stop. But I always close before major news.

PS. I don't have a link to the rules.

now a spike down in gold to 632 and back to 638, I wonder if these are just glitches or will the customer orders be trigerred

Morning all, my hourly swinger is setting up short, although not yet confirmed. This morning's short vebo order pending @468. Oanda spread widened 2.8, 7, 15, 10, 7, 2.8 for the 9:30 news.

I am short now but a little concerned by USD/CHF failure to break above 75 and more importantly above yesterday's highs. If it could reach 1.2100 and think we could see some sustained buying for the dollar. Until then the dollar bias will continue downwards.

mark twain uk said:

Morning all,

Mark,
Jacinto posted this article last week, Post 80.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=22160&page=2&pp=40

Interesting reaction to the news, up to the Asian range and back again..

end of Asian range ?

Baruch said:

How to pass a cold cloudy morning :D

Any preferences for choosing end of Asian over night range 12 night to 7am 0r 12 night to 8am;
Summer/Winter time adjustments ?

Attachments

• untitledone.JPG
    untitledone.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 186
Morning all..still riding the Long Train or about to get off? Stochs are showing overbought on the H4, but this could just be consolidation befor the next push through 9600. Im currently looking to short around the 9570 area.

ChowClown said:
Morning all, my hourly swinger is setting up short, although not yet confirmed. This morning's short vebo order pending @468. Oanda spread widened 2.8, 7, 15, 10, 7, 2.8 for the 9:30 news.
...probably a slow grind now until GDP at 13:30.

neil said:
How to pass a cold cloudy morning :D

Any preferences for choosing end of Asian over night range 12 night to 7am 0r 12 night to 8am;
Summer/Winter time adjustments ?

hi neil,

i would prefer to use 8 British time (7gmt summer 8 gmt winter). just a matter of preference, though if one gets technical it is the range (typically rectangle) that counts and the range may form and break out at 7.

in this case defining it 0;00 to 7;00 gmt would have been suitable as you pointed out in your chart.

jacinto

Looks like you were lucky with your 68 entry level Chow. The dollar is nice and strong but unfortunately so is the pound. Come on cable, go down!

Fish said:
"Further examples of Phil's trading strategies can be viewed at www.trading-strategies.info"

The link for his site doesn't work. Is the site down at the moment?
Not sure, Fish. I know they upgraded the site earlier in the year, but i didn't think the URL had changed. Phil and a couple of the others have been on the training circuit by the looks of it...maybe he's shelved the site for a while.