• Back to the seabed--below 150 pips

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Does not make a difference...

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dc2000 said:
mrng chaps seems you all had fun yesterday I couldnt access t2w all day

couldn't access as in computer problems or busy doing other stuff?

How do you see cable today ?

Last edited:
Interesting because I've been long yen and euros, but didn't want to triple up my dollar bet with cable as well. So far euros have done okay and yen's done nothing - but see no reason to close them out yet. Main question for me is whether I should switch one out to cable, or whether I expect the performance gap to close (I'm trading daily timeframes BTW) - I'm sitting tight for the time being and hoping yen is forming a bull flag. I'll be opening a nice bottle of wine tonight but you cable traders will be on champagne!

ChowClown said:
Bull flag building on the hrly....waiting for confirmation on lower TFs for entry.
...still waiting...zzzz. Will hold off now until the dust settles after 13:30.

Last edited:
couldn't access as in computer problems or busy doing other stuff?

How do you see cable today ?

kept getting error message when trying to log in thought it was the site but obviously not as for today my 580 has just been hit for a few pips I will now wait for another entry to go to 600 tomorrow

hi DC, had a good few days on cable?

not too bad but took a hit on the Dow yesterday which has dented this weeks profit slightly if I could get another cable entry at 463 before the 600 I'd be happy

ChowClown said:
Vebo orders in at 9588.9 long, 9470.1 short.
Long filled, doesn't look too promising atm. Still no long entry confirmed on my trend method.

...another -30 on vebo. Expected given today's range so far, but you never know.

ChowClown said:
...another -30 on vebo. Expected given today's range so far, but you never know.

Hi CC, I took a hit of 64 pips on Tues as well, flat since then and expect tomorrow to be another huge whipsaw day. ;)

dc2000 said:
not too bad but took a hit on the Dow yesterday which has dented this weeks profit slightly if I could get another cable entry at 463 before the 600 I'd be happy
...might be catching a lift south soon. Down to your 463 would do v nicely.

JER08 said:
Hi CC, I took a hit of 64 pips on Tues as well, flat since then and expect tomorrow to be another huge whipsaw day. ;)
Hi JER, you seem to rake the pips in most of the time from your previous calls. Nov seems to have been tougher than usual for breakout methods. Your a swinger aren't you? :cheesy:

Good day

Well, at least todays breakout has been ok - but yesterday! what a whipping :!:

neil said:
Well, at least todays breakout has been ok - but yesterday! what a whipping :!:

Ok if you got out of bed intime to take advantage. I start only just before 8 so no joy for me. Disappointing month November but profitable and that's what it's all about. Hopefully December will be kinder

Feed the ****** cat !!

Offshore Trader said:
Ok if you got out of bed intime to take advantage. I start only just before 8 so no joy for me. Disappointing month November but profitable and that's what it's all about. Hopefully December will be kinder

I have to get out of bed - wife pulls the duvet off and the cat yells for its' food :D

Attachments

• two.JPG
    two.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 182
ChowClown said:
Nov seems to have been tougher than usual for breakout methods. Your a swinger aren't you? :cheesy:

I used to trade similar BO methods two years ago before reading them on several forums. What happened to me was a long streak of wins will usually be followed by an even longer and somtimes heavier losses. So basically I ended up back to square one after a few months. :eek:

No doubt it'll work for some people some of the time, but since then I've changed to a "swinger". :)

Offshore Trader said:
Hope so too. Still like the look of the equity curve and due for a bounce off the trendline! (£10k example only, not my account).

Attachments

• Equity Curve 301106.GIF
    Equity Curve 301106.GIF
    5.4 KB · Views: 211
JER08 said:
I used to trade similar BO methods two years ago before reading them on several forums. What happened to me was a long streak of wins will usually be followed by an even longer and somtimes heavier losses. So basically I ended up back to square one after a few months. :eek:

No doubt it'll work for some people some of the time, but since then I've changed to a "swinger". :)
Yes, that's what got me started on BOs. I read JT's thread (a couple of years ago) and traded his 7-10 BO live for a while but the drawdown was too steep, then there was SIBKISS etc etc. VEBO has very few losing months in testing and the way i'm trading it atm reduces drawdown further and sits much more comfortably, the expectancy is higher than other bo's i've tried. I'm steadily working towards building in a range of methods to the plan and VEBO has kicked off the business quite well so far.

ChowClown said:
I'm steadily working towards building in a range of methods to the plan.

That's one of the keys to long term success, in my humble opinion. :)

ChowClown said:
Bull flag building on the hrly....waiting for confirmation on lower TFs for entry.
...entry signal in play and will be long on a traders trick if the R:R stacks up at the time and it's not too late in the day - if not in by 6 i'll leave it.

Well at least today is making up for yesterday's debacle. Still holding my long from overnight, up about 100 pips as we speak.

dewi141 said:
got stopped out last night for 25 point loss, long now at 550

have moved my stop to b/e. Very tempted to close and go short soon but no obviuous reason to sell at the moment.