FX 2007 > Week 19 -23 Mar

Your favoured pair and timeframes used

• Total voters
Being an eternal optimist (or just stupid), I still expect cable to trend north again, reaching the magic 2.000 eventually. These 400 pip drops are just minor setbacks!

Happy birthday to Chow happy birthday to Chow... come on chaps let's sing along. Did any of you notice it's his birthday today?

Hope you got some pips Chowclown for your birthday beers. All the best mate

Priceman said:
Happy birthday to Chow happy birthday to Chow... come on chaps let's sing along. Did any of you notice it's his birthday today?

Hope you got some pips Chowclown for your birthday beers. All the best mate
Hi PM, thanks for the rendition :) well spotted!

I'm now auto-trading several strats, including a simplified vebo variant and steadily building the pot, recent action across the pairs continues to off-set the vebo losses! It's still the dog strat in the basket....as i type, just stopped out of the vebo variant for -41 (it uses a 50 pip trailing stoploss)...but then the swing trades are generating more pips than i've ever taken before, so not complaining.

Good trading to you and everyone.

ATB

29Investments said:
I appreciate that this is predominently an FX thread but I know that some of you also trade the DOW so for possible interest....

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=320517#post320517

Good morning all,

I'm hoping today will be better than yesterday for me. I've decided to leave my head behind and purely trade on the direction of my charts - MAs. Couldn't explain the rise of $ yesterday so I won't bother trying. :confused:

First instincts are bearish today.

I'll be watching it for a while as on the 2 & 3 hour charts it looks like my MAs and price about to cross downwards. Problem I have is it's right on the 1.9600 line which is likely to be choppy. I'll be extra cautious and wait on the sidelines for now.

Good trading everyone.

Morning
looking at the 4 hour chart , there is no demand passed 726 ,
and I have support line at 581
I just am unable to see a lot of upside passed 726
just waiting for a breakout , out of current ranges

...a 15min setup i'm using looks as though its about to trigger, come the 10am open. Looks to take 20 and then deactivates for the rest of the day.

ChowClown said:
...a 15min setup i'm using looks as though its about to trigger, come the 10am open. Looks to take 20 and then deactivates for the rest of the day.

thanks for that chow
I can start the weekend early

Atilla said:
Problem I have is it's right on the 1.9600 line which is likely to be choppy. I'll be extra cautious and wait on the sidelines for now.

Good trading everyone.

Sorry about this chaps, the choppy ground and MAs are around the 650 area not 600.

Just checking again and on the 1 & 2 hour charts price and MAs nicely all on top of each other.

Still bearish. I think given it's a Friday with not many results markets likely to go down after a nice little recovery.

I am short @ 56 with a stop @86 ........Target is 615 come on you bears stop hiding....

rav700 said:
I forgot abou the news....................................

The news is bad at the moment. Iranians arresting UK troops.

Iraqi deputy PM injured in a bomb attack.

Oil up, gold up, S&P likely to be down. As for cable? Still not sure but looks like it's on an upstream at the mo.

Still out of the market and watching. I'm not sure I want to be in it today at this rate though.

Any opinons?

ChowClown said:
...this cable short wasn't triggered and as the long setup was triggered and reached profit limit early this morning, it's now offline until Sunday. Now short off the USD/CHF version at 1.2121, again looking for 20 pips.

rav700 said:
I forgot abou the news....................................
I have been away for a few days, looking at the charts it was a busy, busy!!!
Have to get back into it, hope your trades are doing well. Interesting to see both FTSE and Dow getting ready for another pull-back.

Atilla said:
The news is bad at the moment. Iranians arresting UK troops.

Iraqi deputy PM injured in a bomb attack.

Oil up, gold up, S&P likely to be down. As for cable? Still not sure but looks like it's on an upstream at the mo.

Still out of the market and watching. I'm not sure I want to be in it today at this rate though.

Any opinons?

Where did they arrest the british troops ? In iraq ?

Phil Mibbutz said:
My short-term system gave a buy at almost exactly the same level, CB, so you're probably right!

Early days on this one phil, they could as the 5 minutes suggest, hold mid 60's for a break north. In which case, its a rollover, so you could be quids in. So far though seems to be struglling to break with any conviction. So if they all get tired and give up on the idea of upside , then why not have lower prices....

no close above 72 yet anyways.