FX 2007 > Week 26 - 30 Mar

News trading rigged? What time do you stop trading

• Total voters
Uphios

Chocolate said:
Ok, first cable trade in ages...long at 1.9625, looking for 100+ pips by next Friday. Stop at 1.9569.

laptop1 said:
its trading at 1.9624 at the time of posting.

I see the market short over the next few days. The trade would be short the same price you gone long at 1.9625. my target would be 1.9569 stop 100 to start but will move it later, if the market proves me right...

Short 1.9624
Target 1.9569
Stop 100

For a profit of 55 points ;)

laptop1 said:
Uphios

For a profit of 55 points ;)
I understand, well done, but I'm not at all sure it is the thread that has given you this. Surely it is your differing point of view and reading of the market.

2be said:
On BB bands the picture is quite interesting. On daily cable is just in no man's land below BB1 with the EMA8 pointing towadrs crossing EMA13 and so far todays low just touched EMA26.
On hourly cable is just above BB1and below EMA13, with another 10 min remaining to close above S2 @9589. If this level is rejected then a move down shall resume. Otherwise there might be a measured move up limited by the daily indication and contracting BB bands.
MACD histogram on daily is sloping down, though the lines have not crossed yet, on hourly MACD histogram is rising. At the moment the picture is confusing, so a big cup of coffee is better then trading.

I agree 2be,

Bit of a struggle going on at 1.9590-600. Good to see it drop a little.

Does anybody know when US military exercises end?

Just thinking of shorting oil. :rolleyes:

Tea sounds like a good idea. :p

Uphios said:
I understand, well done, but I'm not at all sure it is the thread that has given you this. Surely it is your differing point of view and reading of the market.
It helps when other are thinking diffrent to myself, I like to take the oppisite view when I can if my veiw was short as it was last night.sorry to sound supercilious I dont mean to come over like it.I'm just making a point.

Atilla said:
I agree 2be,

Bit of a struggle going on at 1.9590-600. Good to see it drop a little.

Does anybody know when US military exercises end?

Just thinking of shorting oil. :rolleyes:

Tea sounds like a good idea. :p
Not sure when the excecise finishes, had a vauge idea it was planned for two week but not at all certain. Last I read on oil was 70 before 55, contradicting BP's John Browne who a few weeks ago predicted 40. Bit like the rest of the market really, always differing views and only one can be right.

As for tea, none for me thanks. Just gonna finish my coffee, wrap pending trades aroud my open positions then of to the pub. Wife's out so why not.

On hourly cable is just above BB1and below EMA13, with another 10 min remaining to close above S2 @9589. If this level is rejected then a move down shall resume.

Good advice there. Nice set of stats announced for cable too.

Back in profit zone.

Waiting for 1.9555 to take 50% profits.

There we go taken 1/2 pos out at 1.9561

Will keep remaining pos. until 1.9571 or 1.9515 which ever comes first.

At last but it was hard work. :cheesy:

laptop1 said:
It helps when other are thinking diffrent to myself, I like to take the oppisite view when I can if my veiw was short as it was last night.sorry to sound supercilious I dont mean to come over like it.I'm just making a point.
No probs, I'll put it down to youthful exuberance;) Good luck with your contrarian view.

Good Idea

Uphios said:
No probs, I'll put it down to youthful exuberance;) Good luck with your contrarian view.

That's a good idea for a poll. :idea:

How old is everyone? :D

Atilla said:
On hourly cable is just above BB1and below EMA13, with another 10 min remaining to close above S2 @9589. If this level is rejected then a move down shall resume.

Good advice there. Nice set of stats announced for cable too.

Back in profit zone.

Waiting for 1.9555 to take 50% profits.

There we go taken 1/2 pos out at 1.9561

Will keep remaining pos. until 1.9571 or 1.9515 which ever comes first.

At last but it was hard work. :cheesy:
Profit taken at lower BB2 on hourly, shall short it again if it touches Lower BB1 on hourly

Okay well that is another 33 pips in the bag.....

I am 60 pips in all 33 pips from my eur\jpy and another 30 on cable.....

I feel satisfied.....

Well done all that scored....
From next week I will be posting all three pairs that I trade on here....
Euro seems to be strong above support

Happy Trading
Rav

rav700 said:
Okay well that is another 33 pips in the bag.....

I am 60 pips in all 33 pips from my eur\jpy and another 30 on cable.....

I feel satisfied.....

Well done all that scored....
From next week I will be posting all three pairs that I trade on here....
Euro seems to be strong above support

Happy Trading
Rav

Hi guys,

Here is a continuation of my previous BB chart.

Still flat and showing a false breakout. However, we seem to be forming a support line as shown by blue line.

I think this will form the next break down resistance line. Whether it will breach it or not no idea. Given the new range is between 1.9600 - 1.9558 regions best to sit it out I guess.

I reckon the price is going to oscillate between the two levels 40-50pip range. No other news coming out.

Next week perhaps we should

Link GBPUSD + EURUSD together and also
Link EURJPY + USDJPY + GBPJPY
+ Any others you choose to add.

I'm happy to go along with any thread as long as the latter currency is the denominator so that at least up and down moves will be in similar direction with the rest...

Attachments

• Cable-070330-b.gif
    Cable-070330-b.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 139
Uphios said:

Been trading since 1992, so I am not young but thanks

Well I finally got a signal to exit that short position, but it ended up costing me the a bit. After the market bounced back up some what(USDJPY) the close and reverse signal was generated(11pm est 03-29). Still banked 59 pips from it though, but it could have been over 130!

Then after I was in the long position over night I got a close and reverse signal this morning at 5 am for another 44 pips profit. I am currently short, and hoping for some more pips from this lucrative pair.

It is amazing how well the signals have been for this pair this week.

pipper said:
Well I finally got a signal to exit that short position, but it ended up costing me the a bit. After the market bounced back up some what(USDJPY) the close and reverse signal was generated(11pm est 03-29). Still banked 59 pips from it though, but it could have been over 130!

Then after I was in the long position over night I got a close and reverse signal this morning at 5 am for another 44 pips profit. I am currently short, and hoping for some more pips from this lucrative pair.

It is amazing how well the signals have been for this pair this week.

Shocking!

Cable has finally gone ape sh1t...

Is anybody out there?

Has something happened.

Something has happened but what?

Come in Starship Enterprise, this is earth calling.

Anybody out there?

Much better day now. Back to fully loaded short all over 97. Now I hope the short sqeeze is over and we can continue down. stop2 at 9723,.

Uphios said:
Much better day now. Back to fully loaded short all over 97. Now I hope the short sqeeze is over and we can continue down. stop2 at 9723,.

Just shorted again at 1.9692 too.

Also short on SPX which suddenly took a tumble.

What is happening. Apparently 1 helicopter went down in S.Africa but can't see what is causing all this.

Bloomberg said it's traders selling and going home for the weekend. How nice...