News trading rigged? What time do you stop trading

• Total voters
Possible pendulum on cable @ 9589
I mean pennant.

Last edited:
2be said:
Possible pendulum on cable @ 9589

What is a pendulum?

A move up or down imminent. Asymmetric triangle formed on 10 min charts.... Guessing it's going to be down. :|

Well it's moving sideways again, broken out of the asymmetric triangle.

Riveting stuff I can't keep still. :LOL:

Last edited:
rav700 said:
Pendulam..................Please could you explaing this one to me....
Thanks
Rav
Sorry friends, i meant pennant. I do apologise, no harm ment.

2be said:

I started googling that one mate..........But I am sure we could name a particular move the pendulam...hmmm

I will work on this one :cheesy:

I've been following the 4x13x50ema Daily/4hr strat on FF for a while (posted by VyNNer).

A couple more 4hr periods might confirm a short swing...the 4 and 13 need to cross (and close) below the 50. 50 pip fixed stoploss or 4/13ema long cross. Good for 150+ pips per month on cable. The daily stoch filter is very useful.

Attachments

• 4x13x50 30th March.GIF
    4x13x50 30th March.GIF
    15.2 KB · Views: 155
rav700 said:
I started googling that one mate..........But I am sure we could name a particular move the pendulam...hmmm

I will work on this one :cheesy:

you'll just get frustrated and it will come to nothing.

let us know when you reach the end of your tether. :LOL: :LOL:

EDIT: glad I am not trading this week.
seems to be a fairly small range, of around 150 or so.
hope you have catching pips, my rules would have whipped me about this week.

2be said:

I did look it up in my books and google it but came up with blankety blank. :cheesy:

We could do with some light entertainment as I'm giving up on cable again.

Euro is sinking. Struggling with 1.330. I think Cable will follow if $ is strengthening.

Unfortunately I have to do some running around shortly so almost certain of big moves for me to miss. :(

Oh well just gone short at 1.9575. Taken the bite. I think this is going all the way to 1.95

Target 1 - 1.9550
Target 2 - 1.9515
SL - 1.9666

Last edited:
Atilla said:
I did look it up in my books and google it but came up with blankety blank. :cheesy:

We could do with some light entertainment as I'm giving up on cable again.

Euro is sinking. Struggling with 1.330. I think Cable will follow if $ is strengthening.

Unfortunately I have to do some running around shortly so almost certain of big moves for me to miss. :(

Oh well just gone short at 1.9575. Taken the bite. I think this is going all the way to 1.95

Target 1 - 1.9550
Target 2 - 1.9515
SL - 1.9666

Short @ 1.9580 with a stop @ 1.9630......Let see if cable plays our way for once....
Pressure is building on the selling.....

laptop1 said:
its trading at 1.9624 at the time of posting.

I see the market short over the next few days. The trade would be short the same price you gone long at 1.9625. my target would be 1.9569 stop 100 to start but will move it later, if the market proves me right...

Short 1.9624
Target 1.9569
Stop 100

Target hit for a 55 points ;)

rav700 said:
Short @ 1.9580 with a stop @ 1.9630......Let see if cable plays our way for once....
Pressure is building on the selling.....
On CMC the second support on daily pivots is 9590 which has been penetrated by the earlier move down, so in theory it should form a kind of resistance. However if there is a closure above 9590 then a move up might resume momentum.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has this market changed to long periods of near inactivity? Even Yen has gone near stationary. This has become like listening to paint dry.

2be said:
On CMC the second support on daily pivots is 9586 which has been penetrated by the earlier move down, so in theory it should form a kind of resistance. However if there is a closure above 9586 then a move up might resume momentum.

What the heck. :( Given up my earlier gains.

On 10m charts BB narrowed 1.9595 and 1.9570.

Price has now moved above MA9 & 18.

If it crosses my MA34 danger signs. I will then look towards closing position. Will not wait for 1.9666.

Atilla said:

If it crosses my MA34 danger signs. I will then look towards closing position. Will not wait for 1.9666.

Have you closed you short in loss ???

The US session on Fridays usually breaths some live, the reason being I suppose is squaring positions before the weekend and some profit taking to park it safely. I usually find it more difficult to trade, and limit my trading after 3pm.

Atilla said:

On BB bands the picture is quite interesting. On daily cable is just in no man's land below BB1 with the EMA8 pointing towadrs crossing EMA13 and so far todays low just touched EMA26.
On hourly cable is just above BB1and below EMA13, with another 10 min remaining to close above S2 @9589. If this level is rejected then a move down shall resume. Otherwise there might be a measured move up limited by the daily indication and contracting BB bands.
MACD histogram on daily is sloping down, though the lines have not crossed yet, on hourly MACD histogram is rising. At the moment the picture is confusing, so a big cup of coffee is better then trading.

Last edited:
2be said:
On BB bands the picture is quite interesting. On daily cable is just in no man's land below BB1 with the EMA8 pointing towadrs crossing EMA13 and so far todays low just touched EMA26.
On hourly cable is just above BB1and below EMA13, with another 10 min remaining to close above S2 @9589. If this level is rejected then a move down shall resume. Otherwise there might be a measured move up limited by the daily indication and contracting BB bands.

This is what I am seeing.

I'm still in at the mo but if 1.9610 is breached I will not wait for 666.

The circled bit is the critical area.

The dashed red line is my MA34.

MA9+18 already crosses.

Price is about to break the upper BB at 1.9601.

I'm -6 pips now having given up previous gain.

Attachments

• Cable-070330.gif
    Cable-070330.gif
    23 KB · Views: 163