FX Trading: week 8th - 14th July

1. Where's cable going? 2. How many pips do you want this week?

• Total voters
managed to short it from 20, will post chart later

the stop is now -8, (@ 28)

edit: at that level long should continue, so no point having a larger stop

edit2: out for -8

Attachments

• failed breakout setup 2.gif
    failed breakout setup 2.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
still holding the short but preparing to reverse that, its holding 310 quite well at the mo, not quite got the go to get long, but looks like i'll be taking a loss and reversing.

NOT yet though, i'll try and help the market go south by saying 310 is solid as a rock. there should tank south through it now :p

VooDoo Man.... on stndby for long soon as ive switched i'll post.... next 5 10 mins i expect unless it does otherwise..

got a short term pick up so im taking that ,hope it dont whip and retreat...

Now long 2.0318.6, -4.5 loss for the attempt short.....

so lets see if it breaks higher....

the stop is now -8, (@ 28)

edit: at that level long should continue, so no point having a larger stop

Stay with it mate, that's where I'll be adding to my short. Stop's at the top my friend!

Profit taking before the weekend (or adding to long positions?) should send it back down... Here's hoping!

Are you a day trader unwilling to take a loss thus becoming a swing trader by any chance Priceman?!!!

Stay with it mate, that's where I'll be adding to my short. Stop's at the top my friend!

Profit taking before the weekend (or adding to long positions?) should send it back down... Here's hoping!

no point on my end priceman. i use a daily-4hr-60min-15min combo. this last short was a mere speculation with no confirmation, so reduced risk. the 3 larger TF where up, so no point. early morning it was different. may wait for a better entry if and when it arises. rather do that than risk a larger stop and stay hoping.

j

mmm, weel it did break higher, unfortunately i popped to the doctors, to get me script.... now short 314.1 - 4.5 again....

If T2W don't make these boards work properly soon they're going to lose their 75,000 customers. And I'm not just saying that because it's Friday 13th, raining again and my earlier 284 short cost -17pt in about the same number of seconds!

long now 322.6, getting whipped on the short time frames,,,, down about -18 so far on those 3 trades..

anyway long again.... 322.6

If T2W don't make these boards work properly soon they're going to lose their 75,000 customers. And I'm not just saying that because it's Friday 13th, raining again and my earlier 284 short cost -17pt in about the same number of seconds!

know what you mean phil, pain in the **** all that refreshing nonsense........ hope they sort it soon, but like they said, bugger all they can do about it at the mo.... but if it keeps up for long, i.e. into its second week,next week., etc, then it aint no good.....

well ive been surveying the longer term charts, roughly 5 hourlies and 14 hourlies, I think.. :)

Based on a longer momentum, layered on a smaller frame chart, hence me equating it to a 5 hourly odd etc,
etc,,,,

anyhoo, they be up so the 5 hourly one since AM,(pre open sell off) that can roll intra/inter session, still up, the 14 hourly, inter session, popped up with this retake of 2.0320 today, that last truned down 2.0375/80 couple days back,

So. back for upside, new cable highs.... ? anytime from today into next week. ? or put it this way it would need a significant sell off, from these levels to bend those ****ers back down..... is that happening?

Last edited:
A little cross as I overslept and missed the exit on my overnight cable short, so out at b/e but now long on breakout method at 315. Also long EUR/JPY from overnight with stop and reverse at 49

Seems like I dealt at the low of the day on EUR/JPY so have had a double whammy losing on both a long and now a short. Could do with some really dollar negative data, if I'm not already out and hope that we see some more upside on cable. Perhaps I should have heeded the Friday 13th warning:(

fx comp: short USD/JPY 12238 stop 12249 target near 12220 basis:15 min stoch sell signal and break of symmetrical triangle.

edit: out 12227 +11

Last edited:
closed that 322 long at 356, +34 back in positive for the day after those 3 prior losses :)

looking for a reaction ease off a bit eurusd reacting to 1.3810, no break yet.. that looks good to buy on pullbacks, 1.3750 odd ?

strengths back on for cable, buy dips i think looking into next week ?

has the much-heralded triple-top death-dive drop been cancelled due to the weather then?
what the chuff is going on?
(not that I should care; I should be buying dips on the upmoves, and selling rallies on the downmoves, but my MAs are seriously out of synch past several days)

The high for the day might have been satisfied, the T2W is running, just running and it takes long to do anything. To all; have a graet and sunny weekend.

mm, notice the USDCHF had a prod, 1.1990, EURUSD punching tentative new highs too, wouldnt be surprised to see further progress , today though ?

I'm looking to go long cable which seems to be lagging, a tad, but its got a fair days range on it already, not had any savage down move yet, thats what im waiting for... a falling knife, only handle first I hope ... :p

mm trying a short 353.8, got a short term flagged, but counter strength, so i'll have to watch any advance through 360 odd,

closed that at 348, sensible I think... just havent got the sense this beast wants to flop.....

Last edited:
I'm not really that good at technicals but is that a bull flag forming on the cable 5 mins. I assume these are normally continuation patterns?