FX 2007 > Week 19 -23 Mar

Your favoured pair and timeframes used

• Total voters
hey on the 5 minute chart looks like a penant forming...with it up on the higher side of the penent could break north ...the news on the usd is bearish....

xx_joray_xx said:
hey on the 5 minute chart looks like a penant forming...with it up on the higher side of the penent could break north ...the news on the usd is bearish....

I don't know what's happ today but I'm still out and watching.

I feel bearish and it rises. I think my MAs have crossed here we go bullish and it suddenly drops.

I've gone long on gold based on the news and that's come off the highs a little too.

Strong housing sales high oil price implies higher inflationary pressures and so prospect of interest rate rises again. I'd guess $ likely to strengthen and so cable back on the bearish path again.

Very bad confusing mixed up day. Time to lock up pips and get ready for the weekend... :confused:

Any opinions?

See if it can hold 1.9616 close above looking at 15 minute bars, if not a prod of 1.9590 would be likely ....
sinking at the mo as I type, Project X is still long..

Atilla said:
I don't know what's happ today but I'm still out and watching.

I feel bearish and it rises. I think my MAs have crossed here we go bullish and it suddenly drops.

I've gone long on gold based on the news and that's come off the highs a little too.

Strong housing sales high oil price implies higher inflationary pressures and so prospect of interest rate rises again. I'd guess $ likely to strengthen and so cable back on the bearish path again.

Very bad confusing mixed up day. Time to lock up pips and get ready for the weekend... :confused:

Any opinions?
Thats it for the week, tough cable might finish the day in 40s

Project X was spot on this time, CB! Luckily I couldn't spend the afternoon staring at a screen, so I got out quickly for a small loss. Maybe it will crawl back above 670 later, though?

Phil Mibbutz said:
Project X was spot on this time, CB! Luckily I couldn't spend the afternoon staring at a screen, so I got out quickly for a small loss. Maybe it will crawl back above 670 later, though?

Still long at the mo is project X , friday afternoons can always be a bit suss, but 670 + eeeesh, any other day of the week I'd perhaps anticipate it, certainly a nudge to test 660 and see what happens there.

Ok well dropped to 620 now, lets see if this is the zone for upside advance..... or if we are left thinking, maybe that beer in the garden was the route to take after all :)

Just gone £50 per point long at 630............to rescue the week

Edit : And poured myself a large scotch ! :LOL:

29Investments said:

F'IN ell mate hope you're right, I've got my pips from shorting today. I quite fancy another short now but am staying out. Good luck what targets are you looking for?

Priceman said:
F'IN ell mate hope you're right, I've got my pips from shorting today. I quite fancy another short now but am staying out. Good luck what targets are you looking for?

If it hit 660 I'm out like a shot otherwise just see how long I can be bothered to watch it - Wont be stepping away :|

29Investments said:

Based on my 5min charts MAs crossing over I've just gone long with a small bet @638. Target area 660. SL620

Atilla said:
I'm baby sitting it at the mo...
funny that I'm just about to feed my 8week old aswell... cable may just range now to shake out the stragglers being greedy like me (still thinking of getting in, not actually in yet!)

29Investments said:
I'm considering taking a huge risk and letting this one go through tthe weekend - I tjink we will see 98's next week

Bloody hell, you finished that bottle already :)

Still long here, takes a while to change so likely I'll be holding for a while yet.

29Investments said:
I'm considering taking a huge risk and letting this one go through tthe weekend - I tjink we will see 98's next week

Well 50 pp is a big risk.

On the Weekly charts looks bullish
On the Daily charts looks bullish
On the 4 hr charts looks bearish
On the 1 hr charts looks bearish
On the 10m charts looks bullish - sort of...

tough one.

On FA whilst rate rises may look as if they are on the cards I don't think so - not for the US. With elections and weakness in subprime market likely to continue. Housing sector is the biggest multiplier in an economy. So if housing bounces whole economy will bounce. If it sinks so will the economy. Todays stats have produced a mixed view on US housing which is so critical.

However, I think rates more likely to rise in the UK than the US.

Not sure how Iran issue likely to impact $ but can't be good.

In these volatile markets I wouldn't like to risk so much unless you have certainty on your side.

Best of luck 29I .... :|