FX 2007 > Week 19 -23 Mar

Your favoured pair and timeframes used

• Total voters
So Dc's in south africa...............Lucky Fellow .....Hope he has a great time......
I am going to go on holiday as soon as I have got rid of my contract that I bought @ 652......I am not a position trader so it is very difficult for me to sit on my ass and watch my position in loss for a longer amount of time....But I have done well hedging againtst it since 10p.m last night......
I dont think there are many buyers above 700 and I am also think the bears are getting ready to sort out this overbought situation......But to be honest I am not to fussed just need my retracement to 52 and I will be happy to scalp my way down......

Happy Trading......

Price man ...
How did you fare out yesterday

hornblower said:
on the 5 min chart we have a pennant forming
waiting for a breakout
looking for a short

Hello Mate,
This brings back memmories.....

How are you havent seen you in a long time.......or may be it is the other way round......

So how have your trading days been for this year ??

Rav

hi Rav I am still around
no point in posting unless you have something worth while to say
and I have just said it
I am trading breakouts , and position trading
and as long as I am a winner at the end of the week
then that's ok

hornblower said:
hi Rav I am still around
no point in posting unless you have something worth while to say
and I have just said it
I am trading breakouts , and position trading
and as long as I am a winner at the end of the week
then that's ok

Good Luck matey.....Hope your trading goes welll :)

the gap on cable is in the 680 range the news coming out at 8:30 could push it to the gap actting as a new support level...the news coming out at 10am is bearish for the dollar and push cable upward

It looks like we are going to have a range bound afternoon............I dont expect much to happen on the fed speech dont ask why....Just a couple of pip here and there......
I am about to logoff for the day...still got my shorts open....let see what it does....
Happy Trading
Rav

quick question....the leading indicator is up at 10am .....if its negitive than thats bad for the dollar...correct???

xx_joray_xx said:
quick question....the leading indicator is up at 10am .....if its negitive than thats bad for the dollar...correct???
Forexfactory don't reckon it's a mover anyway... their definition is:
Measures overall economic health by combining ten leading indicators including average weekly hours, new orders, consumer expectations, housing permits, stock prices, and interest rate spreads. The index is published monthly by The Conference Board, a leading private US research group, but traders tend to pay little attention because the components that make up the index are reported at an earlier date.

Just checking market position and not much seems to have happened. . I'm a little -17 pips down at the mo, but cable true to form is doing a sidestep shuffle on the button at 1.97.

I was expecting an upward brake out and doesn't seem to have materialise.

Always good when they talk about housing problems in US as it only means likely rate drop.

On my hourly charts price is above me MAs and MAs nicely apart. BBands narrow with price braking to the upside. Based on the my hourly TA I'll hold my long position a little longer still waiting on 740.

29Investments said:
With you Crap Buddist - Hoping for cable < 675 by 5pm for a binary payout

Hi chaps, 675 seems to be about now. Hitting a support line and pretty close to my get out 670 pos.

Binary ? is that a body of TA. Heard it a few times and wondering what it is?

Atilla said:
Hi chaps, 675 seems to be about now. Hitting a support line and pretty close to my get out 670 pos.

Binary ? is that a body of TA. Heard it a few times and wondering what it is?

Its basically a bet on up or down. Its called binary as it either pays or it doesn't.... 100 or 0 at makeup and you can trade it in between.

For example if Cable started the day at 675 and is now ar 676 with 40 mins to run its gonna be roughly 50/50 so with spread price will be 48/52 on Cable binary down day. If we were at 695 probably price would bre about 24/28

29Investments said:
Its basically a bet on up or down. Its called binary as it either pays or it doesn't.... 100 or 0 at makeup and you can trade it in between.

For example if Cable started the day at 675 and is now ar 676 with 40 mins to run its gonna be roughly 50/50 so with spread price will be 48/52 on Cable binary down day. If we were at 695 probably price would bre about 24/28

Thanks 29I,

I've just closed my position. Bad day today -66 pips.

I had a manual SL where when it crosses my mental sl I close. That last minute drop was pretty quick.

That L4yer Cake DVD turned out to be pretty expensive. :)

29Investments said:
With you Crap Buddist - Hoping for cable < 675 by 5pm for a binary payout

Nice Job. Well held.

Those binaries can be pesky when its 48/52 up to the wire.... lol

All my losses in the last 3 days have been recovered .....

What is the next target downwards....or will there be a bounce back.....to complete the 750 run???
Thoughts anyone