FX 2007 > Week 19 -23 Mar

Your favoured pair and timeframes used

• Total voters
29Investments said:
I would guess that anything that they do come out with is likely to send the mkt in 1 direction or the other and that input (if mkt moving) is likely to at least affect the mkt sentiment in terms of days or hours rather than minutes or seconds. I.e. if they come out and say that inflation is still a prime concern we should see a drop in cable of a resonable size and one that isnt likely to whip straight back up again.

Therefore I am tempted to place an OCO order with a sell 20 pips below the mkt and a buy 20 above it, which ever one gets tripped should yield at least 50 pips and (depending on the strength of statement) possibly a new short/medium direction.

Each order will have an IF DONE SL of 20 pips

.............As usual all IMHO etc...

Good Luck/Good Trading :)

The above trade worked out OK. With the mkt at 585 pre feds I booked an OCO to buy at 605 or sell at 565. The buy order took me long at 605 and after seeing it run into congestion at 690ish later I took profits at 685, so 80 pips - More than Happy.

29Investments said:
The above trade worked out OK. With the mkt at 585 pre feds I booked an OCO to buy at 605 or sell at 565. The buy order took me long at 605 and after seeing it run into congestion at 690ish later I took profits at 685, so 80 pips - More than Happy.

Nice one 29I,

I think I'll try that next time when significant results are announced. Since the new MM software OCO allows orders to be placed without an existing position. Will definately try that.

Morning everyone, quiet day today I think.

I see a range bound shuffle in a 40 pip range with a possible upside test of 1.97.

Any views on the day?

Fellows, I apologize for the remarks earlier about these boards. Had a bad trading day and it got even worse last night. Starting all over again.

Cheers

Atilla said:
Nice one 29I,

I think I'll try that next time when significant results are announced. Since the new MM software OCO allows orders to be placed without an existing position. Will definately try that.

I see a range bound shuffle in a 40 pip range with a possible upside test of 1.97.

Any views on the day?
Think we might see some movement with Feb UK retail sales figures at 9.30.
General sentiment seems to be positive after a slide in Jan.

Atilla said:
Nice one 29I,

Any views on the day?

Cheers Atilla. If you do try this type of order would just recommend only using it if there is 1 peice of info coming out likely to provide clear direction. Quite often there is more than 1 item of data coming out of the US, e.g on NFPs day you get th new payrolls and then the unemployment figure. One might be great and the other pants in which case you see 40 pips up and then 40 pips down which (with slippage) can make this trade v expensive.

GL/GT

tallpaul said:
Think we might see some movement with Feb UK retail sales figures at 9.30.
General sentiment seems to be positive after a slide in Jan.
I suspect that even the figures are only modest the market will not pass on the opportunity to squeeze the shorts one more time.

pbtrader said:
Fellows, I apologize for the remarks earlier about these boards. Had a bad trading day and it got even worse last night. Starting all over again.

Cheers
Glad you retracted what you said. Now there are a lot of good people on here, I'll give you a second chance it's up to you to prove to everyone that you are worth having discussions with, there are enough numpys around in my day job I don't need any more cr4p on a 'friendly' board.

Let's have your background then pb and what your thoughts are then others may welcome you back aswell.

Good luck to you ;)

I want to see some downside now, fear a spike to the upside with the news but am on a course today so wont trade the news... could try the straggle I spose

Just gone long on the news at 1.9716.

I'm thinking 1.97 now breached next test 740 regions.

Manual SL 670

Last edited:
gambled long and bagged the points,
now i'll just sit on the fence and wait for some clarity.

rav700 said:
short @ 04 now looking fo the retracement stop @ 24

Watching it closely. We may have seen the 61% retrace back to BB and if it moves up and makes a higher high then I'll be more confident of 740.

If it makes a lower high below then I might be in trouble. :|

rav700 said:
okay here I come Mr 750 to visit you @ 707 stop @ 83

I think this is going to hover around the 700 mark till the US jobless stats.

If they are weak then market will begin to pencil in a drop in interest rates. If strong, then $ may rise as markets rule out a rate drop.