FX Trading: week 8th - 14th July

1. Where's cable going? 2. How many pips do you want this week?

• Total voters
im out with -20. sods law. should have exited on the move back up to 40. or could have kept original stop for -30. also have a feeling of doom. dunno.

im out with -20. sods law. should have exited on the move back up to 40. or could have kept original stop for -30. also have a feeling of doom. dunno.
Hi Jacinto, 20 pps is an acceptable loss, so dont be too hard on yourself, and if you have learned a lesson or two, or maybe just a reminder it still provides value for money. Education is not cheap, never was and never will be. Good to hear you are back, enjoying the wet summer.

Hi Jacinto, 20 pps is an acceptable loss, so dont be too hard on yourself, and if you have learned a lesson or two, or maybe just a reminder it still provides value for money. Education is not cheap, never was and never will be. Good to hear you are back, enjoying the wet summer.

thanks 2BE, im ok with the loss. no problem there (as long as this doesnt go to 2.0500 :LOL: ). not being hard on myself. just screwed up the entry, and then stuck to the plan, which is the important part IMO. I was upset yesterday for an early exit (similar conditions) and missing a decent move up. so simply did the opposite...hence the sods law. im ok, no emotions. i now have to mind my kid. and go to the wet park:D

j

Difficult today wrecked for me by the dip down in EUR/JPY this morning although made some back on a cable short later in the day.

Still having problems accessing this page. COME ON T2W. SORT IT OUT!!!!

thanks 2BE, im ok with the loss. no problem there (as long as this doesnt go to 2.0500 :LOL: ). not being hard on myself. just screwed up the entry, and then stuck to the plan, which is the important part IMO. I was upset yesterday for an early exit (similar conditions) and missing a decent move up. so simply did the opposite...hence the sods law. im ok, no emotions. i now have to mind my kid. and go to the wet park:D

j

I think 2.040 might be tested. I'm guessing but I have a feeling 2.0380 will be rejected. This is based on a breeze that came to me whilst I was having tea in the garden this evening.

I'm flat and not trading at the moment. Don't intend to as it's way to scary for me now. Especially when I'm not perched on my terminal.

However, it reminds me of a poll we had some weeks back and I think JillyB was one of the few persons to say it will hit 2.04 or something by the end of the week.

Guess it's going that way. With all the activity in the DOW and fall in $ I can't see the weakness being addressed. Next seasons exports and retails sales are likely to be better than recent results so work out the implications for falling dollar and continued inflationary pressures in UK and ECB.

More upside imo.

Good trading everyone.

Saw most of the first half and first two goals of the Mexico v Argentina match. Messi's goal was absolutely fantastic. Sadly I think if Mexico scored one particular chance the game may have been different but I thought the Argies were the better side. Sorry dude. Brazil v Argentina though that'll be one to watch.

Saw most of the first half and first two goals of the Mexico v Argentina match. Messi's goal was absolutely fantastic. Sadly I think if Mexico scored one particular chance the game may have been different but I thought the Argies were the better side. Sorry dude. Brazil v Argentina though that'll be one to watch.

yep, now the argies meet the mexis on the FIFA U20, so time for revenge???? those two younger squads will give a lot, really a lot of football for the next 3 world cups. mark my words.

On the cable front, havent seeen such a tight asian range for a long time. always spooks me out for false breakouts. wonder if it is a better or worse scenario for Offshore Trader's breakout method.

j

edit: because of it, im using yesterday's low as a breakout level

On the cable front, havent seeen such a tight asian range for a long time. always spooks me out for false breakouts. wonder if it is a better or worse scenario for Offshore Trader's breakout method.

now waiting for the pullback on the 15 min, and watching the 60 min close to decide on entry. would prefer to wait for the 4hr close, but could be too late. IMO the downmove for the day is signalled, but not confirmed.

yep, now the argies meet the mexis on the FIFA U20, so time for revenge???? those two younger squads will give a lot, really a lot of football for the next 3 world cups. mark my words.

j

got long for a scalp on the opening at 20271 with a tight SLat20251

got long for a scalp on the opening at 20271 with a tight SLat20251

good luck 2BE, could be the long. i cant go long now, getting short signals, but no confirmations so cant go in. so sitting on my hands unfortunately.

j

edit: no trade. no 15 min pullback to my liking, will wait for 4hr close. mixed signals, so have to wait.

Last edited:
good luck 2BE, could be the long. i cant go long now, getting short signals, but no confirmations so cant go in. so sitting on my hands unfortunately.

j

edit: no trade. no 15 min pullback to my liking, will wait for 4hr close. mixed signals, so have to wait.
Taken 9 pps profit shall wait for another pulback

Taken 9 pps profit shall wait for another pulback
I got indication fo todays L as 20257 and H as 20356 so I am trying to work out the reliability of these H & L indications

j

the advantages of discretionary price action based trading is that I just managed to dodge a potential loss by waiting for a pullback:D

the disadvantage is the discretion part, where I dont take the opposite view.....meaning, failed break south = GO LONG:eek:

something to work on.

hindsight is 20/20 and you had no idea it was gonna break and keep rising...

can't quite figure it out myself either :confused:

hindsight is 20/20 and you had no idea it was gonna break and keep rising...

can't quite figure it out myself either :confused:

yeah, quite right wasp. just did this chart for my personal journal of setups, posting it here to share if someone is i nterested

it is one of those cases that tells me how experienced-inexperienced a trader is. I forget that "reasoning by contraries" is a powerful way of reasoning, so i missed that one.

j

Attachments

• failed breakout setup.gif
    failed breakout setup.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 167
A little cross as I overslept and missed the exit on my overnight cable short, so out at b/e but now long on breakout method at 315. Also long EUR/JPY from overnight with stop and reverse at 49

hi all, things went a bit Titanic for me yesterday, after the long got wacked on second long, then also got clipped selling 290 later on ... ended the day down -34 points. :confused:

anyway today onward......

Trying a short here 2.0314.1

hi all, things went a bit Titanic for me yesterday, after the long got wacked on second long, then also got clipped selling 290 later on ... ended the day down -34 points. :confused:

anyway today onward......

Trying a short here 2.0314.1
Short at 316 SL 366 Target 284