FX Trading April 30 - May 4

Will GBPUSD finish the week above/below $2 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing for me today so far, seems like we are just treading water, wonder if this is it till the numbers tomorrow?

a real comp is fxplayer where you can win a grand a week providing you can make the points target [so you don't have to beat anyone just make the target]. which is more than i get trading and the most you can lose is the £5 entrance. i won't bother with the t2w comp.

the thread is quiet because nothing is happening. no obvious trades or big movements.

all positions closed except for a very small jpy short at 120.10. maybe afternoon session might move more.

the one day when i have to be around and so can watch the screens nothing is going on.

This VEBO method is great for calculating turn points:cheesy:

...it is, often thought there's a method there for ranging days, have yet to do anything with it.

I'm using slightly different VEBO entries these days. Today's long 9940, short 9875. Nothing triggered yet. A b/e day yesterday.

Currently adrift on short EUR/USD (-12) and GBP/USD (-33) swing trades. Lost 50 pips on the swissy long swinger entered yesterday.

Had enough of logging trades on the comp for now. Might be tempted again if the prizes look juicy.

given time factor Im now not looking to pullback after the 958 and my upper target will alter slightly by 18 pips

Currently adrift on short EUR/USD (-12) and GBP/USD (-33) swing trades.

...stopped out on the cable short swing for -50. EUR/USD short still in play, maybe that will deliver the goods, who knows.

The VEBO long at 9940 wasn't filled, as still short on the swinger at that point. Using a single autotrading account at the moment, that doesn't allow both long and short trades on the same pair.

morning all

I am flat ATM, but looking for longs targeting 9980 and even 015.

eurousd also looking for entries looking for 3665

j

err, guess i got direction wrong. lol. at least at no loss.

till tomorrow. have had a sprog since 1 pm. just managed to pop and see a chart. lets see what NFP brings.

j

err, guess i got direction wrong. lol. at least at no loss.

till tomorrow. have had a sprog since 1 pm. just managed to pop and see a chart. lets see what NFP brings.

j

Yeah be careful on longs looks like dailies and hourlies have crossed over with much further to run

I have a long on cable at 19885, that I now regret !
but on the brighter side I have long on the s & p at 1499.5

closed cable 880 - 5
closed s and p 1506
so not so bad after all

Last edited:
I have a long on cable at 19885, that I now regret !
but on the brighter side I have long on the s & p at 1499.5

closed cable 880 - 5
closed s and p 1506
so not so bad after all

The EUR/USD is looking real good for a buy right now you might wanna hop in with a 10-15 pip S/L?? It's quote at 1.3653 you can get in at 1.3655??? ;)

wow, what an amazing recommendation. :eek:

Jacinto, I have Mr compost on my ignore list so when I read this blogg on my email coming from you I too was shocked when I looked at the charts to see the price at 1.3555.

Yes an amazing recommendation and glad it's not from you. :)

I still have Cable and Euro going down some more. I'm sticking with 1.9820 for cable before any bounce. We may have a bounce tomorrow but unless the melt down in SPX and DOW kicks in nothing significant.

Gold has been amazing. 690 -> 670 -> $682 at the mo.

I think the DOW and SPX are well and truly :devilish: twisted evil. I think oil and gold gives a better indication of what's round the corner => weak dollar imo.

I'm staying out because of these record braking highs and big discrepancies in TA and FA for the time being.

Good trading everyone.

wow, what an amazing recommendation. :eek:

Probably the reason he loses very little money trading....opens a eur trade when volatility has dried up for 12 hrs.....amazing system....now why did'nt I think of it

Mr I only trade One pear.....the mind boggles :eek:

The EUR/USD is looking real good for a buy right now you might wanna hop in with a 10-15 pip S/L?? It's quote at 1.3653 you can get in at 1.3655??? ;)

I don’t think this is the most elegant first recommendation I’ve ever seen. Well, you have surpassed yourself here Mr Compost.

I was on the phone for 3 hours trying to get a fill. Nobody wanted to know. OH well, such is life.

Short on the horizon for EURUSD & GBPUSD

what do u think ?
short limit eurusd 1.3585 and gbpusd 1.9930 IF they get there today ?
50p stop.

I don’t think this is the most elegant first recommendation I’ve ever seen. Well, you have surpassed yourself here Mr Compost.

I was on the phone for 3 hours trying to get a fill. Nobody wanted to know. OH well, such is life.

Hi TPF, i shorted immediately when i saw this elegant recommendation. :cheesy: with a 15 pip target :cheesy: and guess what? on target.:LOL:

j

Last edited:
Jacinto, I have Mr compost on my ignore list so when I read this blogg on my email coming from you I too was shocked when I looked at the charts to see the price at 1.3555.

Yes an amazing recommendation and glad it's not from you. :) .

hi atilla,

i also use that ignore function. removed it for to see why that post was on this thread, looked at the chart, and saw a nice easy scalp....the opposite side :cheesy:

back to normal on the ignore function now.:cool:

I am also standing aside today, but for a different reason. I hate NFP

j

Like I said before, most of you guys aren't traders. You's should focus more on become better, faster, and more profitable at trading. I've been around the trading community for some time, a few people know who I am, some don't. I have come a long way with my trading career, and now I believe I'm coming full circle.

You guys can say whatever you want about ol' compy, but my trades speak for themselves. Look at the long trade for example that i've posted in my journal over 1hr and 45mins ago. I went in long at 1.3546, S/L 1.3534 (how swift thy sword). As I write I'm already 8 pips in profit, and all I really need is 25 pips a day to stay on path with my financial goals. These trades can't be faked. When I 1st started trading I sucked, but Compounding is doing real good now....Compounding is doing real good :). I know I come off harsh at times, please forgive me. Just giving it to you's how I got it - the traders pain, so you could feel what it's like. The sweet joy of success! It feel's really good, it feels really good...:D. So, after I post the outcome of this trade (hint: success) I won't post on message boards anymore. Thanks for all the years..

TradeVector, 7thSignalTrader wassup man!! :D echelon4x wassup! :D, SD wassup!:cheesy: Hey, I think I might put down on that new S-Class man - I like the way it looks :). Thanks for all the memories guys...:cry: :cheesy: :) bye.

P.S. 15 pips in profit :cheesy:.