FX Trading April 30 - May 4

Will GBPUSD finish the week above/below $2 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there to be no more trading in this thread then? If this is the case, it will be a great shame. I take it some market comments, thoughts on the direction of currencies etc is to be continued.

Just to keep the actually trade posting going I'm currently long EURCHF from 1.6520 looking for it to take out the highs of yesterday.

Yes break-out methods have taken a bit of a beating though my VEBO variant is at new all time highs at present.

...good to hear, a_g :cool:

My auto VEBO is short this morning from 9921 and currently swinging a long swissy (from an entry yesterday) from 1.2147. Cable seems to be setting up short on the swinger too (4hr TF).

Good trading all.

...good to hear, a_g :cool:

My auto VEBO is short this morning from 9921 and currently swinging a long swissy (from an entry yesterday) from 1.2147. Cable seems to be setting up short on the swinger too (4hr TF).

Good trading all.

Hi Chow,

Good to hear from you. I see that you are doing well in the competition. Are you using your Vebo and swinger methods for that?

How are your swinger systems getting on - have they been performing ok?

Hi Chow,

Good to hear from you. I see that you are doing well in the competition. Are you using your Vebo and swinger methods for that?

How are your swinger systems getting on - have they been performing ok?

The comp is interesting, i tend to follow the swingers for that. VEBO has been treading water for months, it's legs have yet to snap off completely :)

Still early days for the swingers, but a steady 100-200 pips/pair/month. Which will do.

....b/e now on today's vebo.

Buying now looking for 185 pips @086

100 pips would do me good, but if you say so, well, why not wait for the gooddies:cheesy:

j

edit: sorry, forgot to ask. are we talking rocket or slow coach?

LOL, hmm 59 trades, think I've got trading comp tourettes!!

Please be assured that in real life I have only made 9 trades this week....

There’s nothing wrong with trading “hyper frequently” As long as the gains are evident. Which they most certainly are.

Excellent..

We could do with a Fixed thread somewhere on t2w. That special place reserved for arguing, settling scores and to just generally “duff somebody up” that’s P***ing you off. Some place I can call home. As I will probably be in there more frequent than any other member, getting roughed up on a daily basis.

On a trading note:

I am in an uneasy long position and It isn’t going to take any more than the wrong individual sneezing today, to make cable fall right out of bed. Big time…

There’s nothing wrong with trading “hyper frequently” As long as the gains are evident. Which they most certainly are.

Excellent..

Thanks TPF, not my normal style, but very interesting trying it out. Not sure how much attention I will be able to give it in the long run though. Maybe if we get stop and limit orders etc it will have more meaning.

BTW. good job seeing off that compost fella!

100 pips would do me good, but if you say so, well, why not wait for the gooddies:cheesy:

j

edit: sorry, forgot to ask. are we talking rocket or slow coach?

well, since for the time being this appears to be slow coach, will lock +15 as minimum wage.

minimum wage taken. will look for reentries long, unless a short signal appears. 9885 look nice as support.

Last edited:
Thanks TPF, not my normal style, but very interesting trying it out. Not sure how much attention I will be able to give it in the long run though. Maybe if we get stop and limit orders etc it will have more meaning.

BTW. good job seeing off that compost fella!

I think the stop/limit orders will take way from the feel of live active trading. Rather than the “Fire and Forget” style of trading you get with stop/limit order facilities.

OH yes the Compost fella. Gave him a good roughing up for his insolent manner.

Decided I'm not staying Long "cable" So I've sold, hoping my theory is correct.

I'm long cable in the comp. Still waiting confirmation in real life. It looks like up but with out conviction at the moment.

flat in comp and real life. Time for a cup of tea. Hopefully some direction will emerge later.

I think the stop/limit orders will take way from the feel of live active trading. Rather than the “Fire and Forget” style of trading you get with stop/limit order facilities.

OH yes the Compost fella. Gave him a good roughing up for his insolent manner.

Decided I'm not staying Long "cable" So I've sold, hoping my theory is correct.

Now exited my short cable position

Just to keep the actually trade posting going I'm currently long EURCHF from 1.6520 looking for it to take out the highs of yesterday.

Got stopped out of this position: it failed to break through the high.

ok closed out all jpy shorts for a rather big hit to re establish shorts above 120.00. target 1.9970 then 1.9940 then 1.9910
i didn't know about this golden week thing where the japanese are on holiday. thurs might be key as people get jumpy before nfp?

actually the best position might be no position. small candles on cable, euro and jpy doing strange things. something isn't right.

anyone seen Jaws? the bit where it goes all quiet, the water is perfectly calm then the sound starts...'dum dum'...'dum dum'.....'dum dum dum dum dum'

and if i get hit by jpy again i will feel like a dum dum. :)