FX Trading April 30 - May 4

Will GBPUSD finish the week above/below $2 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just got back to find a cable long trade limited out for 56 points. nice way to start the week. would normally try a small short now

yen short trades going the right way but no profit taken. maybe closer to nfp friday.

I am handily placed just behind DC on the competition board, in fact if it wasn't for the little hyphen in front of the number I would be leading the board.

Maybe change my handle to compound2

just got another 20 pts on the cable short order i set up last week as a bull trap at 2.0030.

cable might get to 2.0200 this week?

re: fx comp.

chuffin 'eck, CV, leave some for us!

excellent going CV, a real master at work there.
do you tend to go gunning for 10 and 20 pips then?

Trendie , 29, now you two scallywags knock it off:eek: . We all know there is'nt room for another master trader in these parts .....funny thing is ...he ain't been seen in a while ...:LOL:

I'm looking at another Diamond set up as per last fri ....target would be 1.9960 from the very top of this latest move....time constraint is midnight to reach target area....target area means + or - .....use own trading methods and management if you decide to play it....preferably price stays on or around diamond R H S ..... One to watch.

Chart example on last weeks thread.

C V

I am handily placed just behind DC on the competition board, in fact if it wasn't for the little hyphen in front of the number I would be leading the board.

Maybe change my handle to compound2

lol. i think i am ahead of you. lol. -150 :eek:

I have a feeling the new FX comp is taking all the wind out of these threads!

In a way it is good, as there appears to be a good take-up, and also there is an objective arbiter of trades being taken, so all clear and transparent (is that a tautology?).

thing we are missing is the running commentary, and views, and such.
I hope there is interest in both, otherwise this thread will die a death.

hope you made pips, I did nought today. lovely warm, sunny day, though. :cool:

Hi all, hope everyone had a good weekend. The site is looking very sharp, let's hope it is a good sign for this week.

EURUSD, Sell, 1pm @ 1.3668 +8

USDJPY, Sell, 5am @ 119.71 +28

Made some pips in live trades but lost a tremendous amount on the competition. I'm :eek: to say how much but -150 doesn't seem to bad from here.

was hilarious, was trying to trade gbpjpy and eurchf but ended clicking on the wrong sides and went long dollar on every pair. :LOL:

gave the comp a go to see how it worked but i think i will save my energy for live trades. much more interesting.

Morning all. Bought a small amount of cable at 95 and sold at 28 but today's main breakout levels are 2.0057 and 1.9997. Eur/jpy has been very quiet the last few days, we might be in for a biggy soon. Good trading everyone

I have short from 2.0021 as well.
everybody seems to have the same idea!

is it the downward trend-line over the past few days?

EDIT: add screenshot

Attachments

• may01.GIF
    may01.GIF
    187.2 KB · Views: 223
looks like 50pt range trading today while people wait for news? i stuck a few sell orders in to add to the already existing to catch any moves as i don't want to have to watch the screens all day. i missed the early cable 50 pt move -overslept.

mrng chaps looking to go 065 down to 967 today

The comp is doing a good job of getting me to look at the T2W screen more not being able to place orders means Im dehydrated due to lack of tea:LOL:

The comp is doing a good job of getting me to look at the T2W screen more not being able to place orders means Im dehydrated due to lack of tea:LOL:

taking its time.
looking for another bounce off the down trend-line for a SHORT, but less confident about it, since its dithering.
only got 23 pips off earlier trade.

positive sign: both TPF and DC2000 reckon a down-move.

the 4-hrly on cable is showing a spinning-top forming on the down trend-line.
another confirmation for a down-move?

Useless competition, can't close or reverse any of my current positions. Gave me two losing trades yesterday that I didn't even place. score out of ten, 1.

HOW DOES HE DO IT??!!