FX-2007: Jan 29th > Feb 2nd

Holding cable up still, perhaps any volatility downside will be value for longs, how much of a blip down though if it comes ,sessional trend still up though, for now

WTF!!! How can OANDA justify a 200 pip spread? That stopped my short, triggered my long and then stopped that out with 50 points of slippage! I am spitting with fury.

Now they decide to go offline. The number of expetives I've just emitted should be illegal.

City Bound said:
WTF!!! How can OANDA justify a 200 pip spread? That stopped my short, triggered my long and then stopped that out with 50 points of slippage! I am spitting with fury.

Now they decide to go offline. The number of expetives I've just emitted should be illegal.

Ouch! thats terrible... How can they justify it?!?!?

As for the NFP, dire is the only word... :devilish:

200 pips here as well City Bound - ridiculous. Platform went down also, very glad I didn't have any trades on (I generally don't trade news because of things like this)

I think that is the measure of any broker. How they act in the fast moving markets. Looks like to me they have taken their clients for a bundle

Offshore Trader said:
I think that is the measure of any broker. How they act in the fast moving markets. Looks like to me they have taken their clients for a bundle

too right, they would have made a killing from that!

I'm genuinely reconsidering them as my broker now. They havn't done it before, you'd have thought they'd have realised that pissing on their clients is going to tarnish their otherwise good image. A plague on all their houses!

I need a cold shower.

Oanda

City Bound said:

True, 200 pips.

Not my Video.

City Bound said:

Yes - I'm surveying the wreckage that was my OandA account. I was wondering whether someone typed in 200 instead of 20 for the spread by mistake. FWIW I was tracking IB quotes as the news came out and it was rock solid - the biggest gap was about 10 pips for a few seconds.
I think that I am going to switch to IB for forward testing of VEBO Variant from now on - what OandA just did is unforgivable.

still long 74 at the mo, Oanda didnt stop me out with a 200 point spread, im sure they will put you right though, send them an email or phone them. Although the platform dropped offline on that run to 750.

Euro trading above 3050 and holding that should be positive for upside, lets see if it manages it.

Well it looks like that 4hour down pin bar worked for the reversal, must look into that more sometime...

or not.....! :eek:

I'm no big IB fan but prefer them to Oanda and happily stopped using them (oanda) a while back. EFX/MB Futures were sweet and tight throughout too.

City Bound said:

I saw that could not believe my EYE!!! :eek: everyone with 100+ or less would have been stopped out. 96-98 and then 95-96 wow. better to stand asside during these news. with OANDA

JTrader said:
GBP just fell 60 pip in 3 minutes. I just had to get myself a piece of that! :eek:

Got all of it. But it does not want to break 40s yet!! Hence I am out on second test will re-enter if it breaks. should have gone in on Euro as well