FX-2007: Jan 29th > Feb 2nd

Priceman said:
Bonsoir Jaquesdedans, je reviens de l'hopital et mon petit fils n'a pas lu les instructions pour dormir! Il se leve la nuit et se couche pendant la journee!! Je suis creve donc je vais au lit. A demain

TTFN got to get some sleep

ca me fais rire. je crois que ton futur sera le yen pendant le prochain trois ans :cheesy:

j

dc2000 said:
no posish at mo looking for a bit more high mindfull that there must be an exit at 511 by Monday

hi DC
please can you tell me why it must exit at 511 by monday

Morning all
Still holding my long from yesterday at 19590 odd with a bit locked in now.

hi DC
please can you tell me why it must exit at 511 by monday

when a short and a long position have been signaled within the same time frame players exit the market neutral position by taking profit on one position and exiting at B/E on the other right now 679 is profit exit and 511 B/E exit

Holding long 9646 @ the mo, hourlies turning up so holding for the time , maybe 710-730 is on .

dc2000 said:
when a short and a long position have been signaled within the same time frame players exit the market neutral position by taking profit on one position and exiting at B/E on the other right now 679 is profit exit and 511 B/E exit

So you've gone short at 679, presumably?

dc2000 said:

thanks for that dc
I will have look at the chart again !

Long at 65 although pretty wary of what's happening here and the resistance at 80. Hopefully it will break cleanly out of the 70/80 range as I've put my stop back at 65, which is really too tight but I do fancy the market to go lower from here. As long as it doesn't dip before going higher I'll be ok with this but I have to say there can't be that many sellers at these levels cos it's not going down...

Phil Mibbutz said:
So you've gone short at 679, presumably?

I don't think so. I read it as:-

Take profit now (at 679)
enter short at breakeven (whereever the initial long was entered).
Take profit on the short at 511.

OANDA's putting the long:short ratio at ~50%. Looks like the market genuinely can't make it's mind up.

closed out and taken a punt short 722, back of my head is the news due friday , I cant see it ramping much higher. Famous last words n all that. But if it close 740/50 say who fancies 2 dollars on NFP?

Morning all,
Bit of a nasty whip this morning with VEBO Variant: went short at the low and have now reversed to long at current prices. We might see more of this before NFP this afternoon.

Pin bars?

I never read the forexfactory thread on these but are they what they were referring too in regards too pin bars?

Killing time before NFP and lookin at the 4hr charts, these spikes seemed to be a good % ratio of trends ending and wondered if anyone had looked into ot further?

The ratio comes in for this time period in the chart at 15 /4 . It looks good for exits but not concise enough for entry > exit as it doesn't happen at every change in direction.

Obviously depending on your timeframe and goals, a trend is questionable for each person but based on the crosssover strat I look at, it works pretty well.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Attachments

• 4hr spikes.gif
    4hr spikes.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 226
wasp said:
I never read the forexfactory thread on these but are they what they were referring too in regards too pin bars?

Killing time before NFP and lookin at the 4hr charts, these spikes seemed to be a good % ratio of trends ending and wondered if anyone had looked into ot further?

The ratio comes in for this time period in the chart at 15 /4 . It looks good for exits but not concise enough for entry > exit as it doesn't happen at every change in direction.

Obviously depending on your timeframe and goals, a trend is questionable for each person but based on the crosssover strat I look at, it works pretty well.

Any thoughts or experiences?

hi wasp,

they are definitely worth a look. they can be a risky trade if one doesnt know the setup properly, because instead of a rejection bar, one gets a bar that reflects a breakout and a pullback at the same time.

j

Last edited: