Currency trading (Oct 30th > Nov 3rd)

Flip your shiny dollar, and tell me where it will land?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morning all, long from 76 earlier. A test of the summer's high on cable (9145ish) would do nicely for starters.

Offshore Trader said:
Long at 77. Rav, if you weren't filled at 57, you were really unlucky
Thank Offshore Trader Just got me 20 pips back............. :cheesy:
Who said shouting at Sb's does not work
I owe you a beer

Absolutely

hornblower said:
the fed i think is only holding the dow at this high level
until the November elections are over, and some, and then down we go!

Yes, I've been wondering the same thing for a couple of weeks. If you were in power, wouldn't you do what you could to make the economy/markets look as good as possible prior to elections!

ChowClown said:
Who do you use, Rav?

I have use Ig index as I have not had many issues with them....but today I learnt my lesson of shouting and you get filled in :LOL:
Are you still long chowclown...

My technicals are suggesting an over bought market and the Us ecconomy is in a dreadful state where any news seems to be dollar negative.....a state of confusion....Will just have to go with the flow no more scalping will look at a trend trade now by the looks of it......

Best of luck
Happy Trading
Rav

Rav, still long but stoploss right up tight now. The daily chart setup i keep an eye on has signalled continuing dollar weakness across the other 3 majors, but like you say going with the flow is usually the less stressful route to profits.

Which part of Notts are you from? I grew up just down the road from Jnc 26 M1 :)

rav700 said:
Thank Offshore Trader Just got me 20 pips back............. :cheesy:
Who said shouting at Sb's does not work
I owe you a beer

You better keep acruing interest on that so next time you are in Guernsey/I'm in Nottingham the amount will be worthwhile :cheesy:

I'm not that keen on IG. They are very good at stop losses and not great on limit orders in my experience. I actually think City index are much better. Their spreads are wider but their order maintenance is excellent and sometimes do not fill stops if it reaches the level and moves straight away. Also pretty good in fast markets on stops, although actually dealing around figures is very difficult, you can only really work on orders

at what point does a Bear Flag, or Bull Flag, fail ?

in an uptrend, a bull-flag, is a sideways congestion, or slightly downwards move in a tight channel, a sort of breather, before continuing its upward move.

But, what defines a true Bull Flag, ie; a continuation, and a failed flag, resulting in a reversal?

ChowClown said:
Rav, still long but stoploss right up tight now. The daily chart setup i keep an eye on has signalled continuing dollar weakness across the other 3 majors, but like you say going with the flow is usually the less stressful route to profits.

Which part of Notts are you from? I grew up just down the road from Jnc 26 M1 :)

..and now at b/e.

looking for a slow grind down to another long entry should be good for 85 pips as long as we dont hit 121 if we do then I will exit at B/E and wait

ChowClown said:

I used to live in bingham but now have got an apartment in city centre...

You are always welcome back fo a pint or 2 last famous words.... :LOL:

Offshore Trader said:
You better keep acruing interest on that so next time you are in Guernsey/I'm in Nottingham the amount will be worthwhile :cheesy:

I'm not that keen on IG. They are very good at stop losses and not great on limit orders in my experience. I actually think City index are much better. Their spreads are wider but their order maintenance is excellent and sometimes do not fill stops if it reaches the level and moves straight away. Also pretty good in fast markets on stops, although actually dealing around figures is very difficult, you can only really work on orders

I do agree...You are always welcome with the 20 pips earnt today I can defin...afford to go for a night out....

Happy Trading
Rav
I am currently out of all positions and am confused at taking entries will wait for something significant to happen before I re-enter.......

I am still getting these voices go short now go short now they are haunting me :devilish:

Chow
I am in Nuthall

Rav
Not sure about IG but I am looking at Capital spreads showing ftse 6151-53 and cmc showing 6155-57 at the same time

rav700 said:
I used to live in bingham but now have got an apartment in city centre...

You are always welcome back fo a pint or 2 last famous words.... :LOL:
...thanks for the invite i'll bring me designer flak jacket :cheesy: - press hasn't been that kind to the City in the last couple of years. Have a few friends living in the centre and they love it.

salty said:
Chow
I am in Nuthall

Rav
Not sure about IG but I am looking at Capital spreads showing ftse 6151-53 and cmc showing 6155-57 at the same time
Hi Salty, welcome to the thread. Don't think we've seen you here before. I lived in Codnor, just down the road from Heanor for 20 odd years.