Currency trading (Oct 30th > Nov 3rd)

Flip your shiny dollar, and tell me where it will land?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mornin all,

I got my tight trailing stop in behind S/R now on ZAR and hoping for some pro dollar news too have cable keep dropping and ZAR keep rising.... would like to see 55/60 broken on cable for a booster...

wasp said:
Mornin all,

I got my tight trailing stop in behind S/R now on ZAR and hoping for some pro dollar news too have cable keep dropping and ZAR keep rising.... would like to see 55/60 broken on cable for a booster...

Hey wasp..now that is a currency Ive not traded properly for a while..how do you find the PA?

wasp!!

are you using MT-4 from Money Rain?
How do you reset the time offsets, so I can control where the bar starts ?
( cos the bars are different cos they use different times )
EDIT: this affects the 4-hourlies )

Also, how do you get it to ignore over-weekend null bars, as its messing up my stats ?

zuke said:
Hey wasp..now that is a currency Ive not traded properly for a while..how do you find the PA?

Nice and smooth and easy to read, alot easier than cable at times.

trendie said:
wasp!!

are you using MT-4 from Money Rain?
How do you reset the time offsets, so I can control where the bar starts ?
( cos the bars are different cos they use different times )
Also, how do you get it to ignore over-weekend null bars, as its messing up my stats ?

I am using the moneyrain charts. I haven't actually tried to remove the weekend bars. I have found some servers have the weekends and some don't, I can't actually find a way to remove them myself yet though.

using different start-times can affect your charts, especially on things like EOD and 4-hourlies.

the hourlies and sub-hourlies are ok, its just the time they start are offset, but can be a problem if you are using other time-frames.

examples are: my normal MT-4 ( on left ), and MoneyRains version.

Attachments

• datadiff.GIF
    datadiff.GIF
    102.4 KB · Views: 190
dc2000 said:
dewi do you have your weeks news mixed up

AH, yes I do, so thanks for the wake up call! Very thorough research eh :eek:

(I always thought that BOE meeting was first wed of the month with teh result on the Thu.
But Nov meetng is on 8/9)

Possibly expalins why this weeks options are cheap as I would imagine that options expiring 10 nov will be more expensive to account for this event risk. Just as well I didnt act on my straddle buying idea.....

my "optimal" short entry triggered at 1.9005.
I now have 2 short entries.
stop-loss remains at around 1.9040.

Heart attack recipe

Take one exotic cross
Over leverage
Forget to put in a stoploss
Ouch!

Thankfully I didn't do the the middle 2 and didn't get the last but damn! that thing moves!

Attachments

• heart attack.gif
    heart attack.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 215
trendie said:
my "optimal" short entry triggered at 1.9005.
I now have 2 short entries.
stop-loss remains at around 1.9040.

Yours looks a better trade than mine Trendie. I've just bought at 05 :(

trendie said:
using different start-times can affect your charts, especially on things like EOD and 4-hourlies.

the hourlies and sub-hourlies are ok, its just the time they start are offset, but can be a problem if you are using other time-frames.

examples are: my normal MT-4 ( on left ), and MoneyRains version.

I only use the moneyrain platform for the exotics and a different server for cable, but also use quotetracker too. Its annoying that moneyrain show the weekends but can't fathom how to remove the data. I have an array of MT platforms if you want a different server to try?

Offshore Trader said:
Yours looks a better trade than mine Trendie. I've just bought at 05 :(

switched in your favour.
out at 1.9045. ( (82 + 40) / 2 = -61 pips ) :cry:
flat.

I just made a mistake on the loonie ( the 3pm figures were on my calendar as 4pm!) which cost me -17.

Now, I've just gone long, AGAINST the trend (kids dont try this at home!) on USD/SEK from 2113, 256 pip stop and target 768 pips.

The system said to do it, so I did....here's hoping!

ChowClown said:
Morning all, currently long 04. EUR/GBP continuing the break lower which looks promising for the trade. 070 in the next few hours perhaps.
...4pm and time for tea. Thankfully the confidence figures swung the day into +ve territory. Thanks for a great month cable :)