Currency trading (Oct 30th > Nov 3rd)

Flip your shiny dollar, and tell me where it will land?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
closed out at 9018 and looking to go short below 18950.
I see that the 18900 put/19100 call straddle from IG expr 3pm friday, costs 54 pips.
any one else reckon this is good vsalue (given teh BOE meeting thu and NFPR on friday)?
cheers

dewi141 said:
closed out at 9018 and looking to go short below 18950.
I see that the 18900 put/19100 call straddle from IG expr 3pm friday, costs 54 pips.
any one else reckon this is good vsalue (given teh BOE meeting thu and NFPR on friday)?
cheers

What are you doing talking about trading?!?! :LOL:

FWIW I think we are only going down from here on in but predictions aren't my forte.

nowhere :LOL: by Friday a straddle would not be my option

forgot to mention the 295 pips before :cheesy:

Last edited:
you could well be right DC,and if you are and its been a quiet week and cable is tradin near here on the close on wed, then I will have another look at the straddle trade....

dewi141 said:
you could well be right DC,and if you are and its been a quiet week and cable is tradin near here on the close on wed, then I will have another look at the straddle trade....

are you an options player then, dewi?
your insights on such would be most illuminating.
certainly another perspective. :)

today was an up day, but, so far, only in a mediocre way.

the behaviour of tomorrows action will determine the direction for the rest of the week??

cable is tradin near here on the close on wed

I hope not Wed is where I would like most of the work done this week

today was an up day, but, so far, only in a mediocre way.

the behaviour of tomorrows action will determine the direction for the rest of the week??

are you sure! please explain?

dc2000 said:
are you sure! please explain?

Tomorrow is an "Orange" day!

Attachments

• delta_oct31.GIF
    delta_oct31.GIF
    125.4 KB · Views: 246
what happened with cable............a 20 point drop :rolleyes:
Any News out guys

just positioning for the move 1st target nearly hit at 76 2nd at 42 for the turn

dc2000 said:
just bored with TV 58 channels and nothing on

I'm sad to report, I'm watching next weeks Spooks, this weeks was bad enough :rolleyes:

Do you have a target for the turn?

trendie said:
are you an options player then, dewi?
your insights on such would be most illuminating.
certainly another perspective. :)

not really, but I read that eur/usd options volatility is at its lowest level since the inception of the euro so GBP/USD vol must be similarly low as well. (I know its low for a good reason as it has traded in a narrow range for teh last 6 months or so.....).

SO I thought Id have a look at the straddle as
(1) there is a lot of resistance at 1.91 on cable, so if gets through there then it could fly higher,
(2) if it does not get through 1.91, then as the 'average weekly range' on cable is 300 pips then 1.88 is a reasonable target
(3) there is always the chance that the BOE will not raise rates which woudl cause a bit of a move (if you beleive their mantra about each meeting/rise being viewed on its merits).
(4) NFPR days are the most volatile recenlty, so its a final get out of jail card if all else fails :)

have you ever traded options trendie?