Currency trading (Oct 2nd > 6th)

Where will it go? Where will it stop?

• Total voters
I really don't believe this. I had a long cable position from this morning, it drifted down, hit my stop and then rocketed back up!

Note to self: use bigger stops and smaller margin when leaving the computer.

City Bound said:
I really don't believe this. I had a long cable position from this morning, it drifted down, hit my stop and then rocketed back up!

Note to self: use bigger stops and smaller margin when leaving the computer.

Generally speaking, not a good idea to have a stop less than 40 if trading off the 1H or more.

Offshore Trader said:
Lost my bottle and put a stop in at +100 at 52 but still short USD vs EUR and CHF :cheesy:
Nice one(s) OT.

Morning session had me down 5% from 2 losers, but +2% net by 4pm from the long fire cracker lit this afternoon.

zuke said:
SHORT 865, stop 905, Target 750
Hi Zuke,

Got in from work to see all the fun passed me by as usual !

I have just put a little short on too (871) with a tight stop. After such a move some people must wind out of their shorts so should go back a little if the real move is back past the recent high.

Why can't I ever see these 150 pip moves when I am in (and in the same direction too !)

Come on chaps get shorting and help us move this baby :LOL:

an interesting position there Zuke Im looking to go short at your stop level earlyish doors

Morning all,

It's funny how your stop always gets filled really quickly isn't it and not your limit unless the move goes way past! I woke this morning after putting an OCO on last night before bed. My limit was at 8856 and on CMC's chart the price actually went to 8855 but I still didn't get filled!

Hey ho, back to manual execution and screen watching me thinks. Have a good day trading all

Offshore Trader said:
Morning everyone. Nice move yesterday. Let's hope we get more of the same

Me too. Only this time, I hope I am on the move.
( My rules picked the change in trend from down to up, closed my short for b/e, but didnt get on the Long. How stupid is that? )

dc2000 said:
an interesting position there Zuke Im looking to go short at your stop level earlyish doors
Morning all....still looking for a short around 905 DC?

...bull flag broken on the 4hr?

Wouldn't be surprised to see 9150ish later this week....how far and how many times it will retrace to get there though, is the question. I guess the big guns will want to see at least a 50% retracement from the next swing high to buy...

Last edited:
zuke said:
SHORT 865, stop 905, Target 750

I cut this short yesterday for -21 after I didn't like the PA. Looking for a re-entry short around the 00's.

Very slow moving today.....I guess just waiting for another upward move

Morning all....still looking for a short around 905 DC?

I was chow but took the double hit at 94 looking for some decent movement in the next 15 mins to keep some out of the move

8835 would be good enough for that purpose