Currency trading (Oct 16th > 20th)

wheres it going and whats your favourite? (split)

• Total voters
dewi141 said:
sold cable at 8772, s/l at 8827

You're trading against the views of lovely Kathy Lien.
She says buy cable.

EDIT:
WHOOOPS:
I meant Rob Booker - I easily get them mixed up. :eek: :eek:
In which case, my moneys on you.

looking for a little pullback here, we dont want to hit tomorrows target today that would give the game away

If it had been a different time of the day, I would have taken a gamble on a short @ 1.8790 with a close stop (40)

But as it is, it would just be a gamble at best. To risky for me.

Texas

smbtnt said:
Nice and easy - now we trail and look for greener pastures.
Hi smbtnt,

I know nothing about vaccuum levels, quite a lot about vaccuum cleaners the amount of time I use it ! Do you have a link to a discription for them or a simple explanation.

So does this mean now you are short then or trailing the long ?

Ta,

Thanks for the feedback yesterday about my question re the wisdom/stupidity of using spread bets for currencies. Leaving aside the business of skewed prices, it looks as though SB would work out cheaper is you're trading small amounts, especially with Worldspreads' generous offer of 1pt spreads. They don't seem to be popular on this site(understatement) - - anyone using them?

Phil Mibbutz said:
Thanks for the feedback yesterday about my question re the wisdom/stupidity of using spread bets for currencies. Leaving aside the business of skewed prices, it looks as though SB would work out cheaper is you're trading small amounts, especially with Worldspreads' generous offer of 1pt spreads. They don't seem to be popular on this site(understatement) - - anyone using them?
Hi Phil,
I currently use CMC and am pretty pleased with them. I don't trade news though when they do become a bit slower filling. I am going to open a worldspreads account to see how they compare. When I become a 'proper' trader then I'll maybe go the direction Wasp did with EFX. It's very easy to get 10/20 pips per day consistently even with SB companys, that said I don't know how they will be when I get to £10/£20/£50 per pip, manual trading probably !

Good luck mate on this long and torturous journey... But it's worth it.

Priceman said:
Hi Phil,
I currently use CMC and am pretty pleased with them. I don't trade news though when they do become a bit slower filling. I am going to open a worldspreads account to see how they compare. When I become a 'proper' trader then I'll maybe go the direction Wasp did with EFX. It's very easy to get 10/20 pips per day consistently even with SB companys, that said I don't know how they will be when I get to £10/£20/£50 per pip, manual trading probably !

Good luck mate on this long and torturous journey... But it's worth it.
In my happier days, and what now seems like a previous life, I was regularly staking £100 and even £160 per point with CMC SB on the DOW. Took slightly longer to fill but I do mean slightly (perhaps 3-4 secs). They did however get upset when I thought they were giving a poorer price on closing so I placed a set of £20 pending trades to clear the position that of course all triggered at once. That got me a phone call.

Priceman said:
Hi smbtnt,

I know nothing about vaccuum levels, quite a lot about vaccuum cleaners the amount of time I use it ! Do you have a link to a discription for them or a simple explanation.

So does this mean now you are short then or trailing the long ?

Ta,

Vacuum is a term I came up with - the notion of price getting sucked in to certain levels.

These levels are targetted using price action, Pesavento's ratios and pattern recognition.

Patience is the key though. Let me know if you would like me to delve deeper.

DC was the inspiration for this strategy model. His ability to regularly call daily targets astounded and inspired me to find a method for myself. Point being; his target of 8770 which he called today and my target from yesterday were near enough duplicates.

Hope this helps.

Uphios said:
In my happier days, and what now seems like a previous life, I was regularly staking £100 and even £160 per point with CMC SB on the DOW. Took slightly longer to fill but I do mean slightly (perhaps 3-4 secs). They did however get upset when I thought they were giving a poorer price on closing so I placed a set of £20 pending trades to clear the position that of course all triggered at once. That got me a phone call.

Whoa Uphios! £100+ pp... I thought I was doing nice at £30/40...! £100pp seems a looonnngg way off yet. Kudos to you, especially through an SB. Mind you, I am very risk averse though and like my trade risk below 1%.

aaggh: dc, your target for tomorrow is the same level as my stop!.
As your record for calling these things is very good, it seems sensible to move it - so its now 840....(heres hoping it does not get that far!)

dewi141 said:
aaggh: dc, your target for tomorrow is the same level as my stop!.
As your record for calling these things is very good, it seems sensible to move it - so its now 840....(heres hoping it does not get that far!)
Good luck Dewi, I tried the same thing from DC's call on Monday when he said 60,60,150,200. I calculated that meant +60, +60, -150, +200 giving a target at the time of 774. I thought I would slip out on the -150 but unfortunately it didn't happen and the target was exceeded and took out my stop 12 at 786. I hope it works out for you and with a possible reversal so close what else can you do. Good luck.

wasp said:
Whoa Uphios! £100+ pp... I thought I was doing nice at £30/40...! £100pp seems a looonnngg way off yet. Kudos to you, especially through an SB. Mind you, I am very risk averse though and like my trade risk below 1%.
It was a good time and I think from memory my best single day was +£18000 followed about 3 days later by a -£12000. Having started with the intention of making a regular £300 a day the £300 days didn't even seem to register on the account anymore. Something for me to watch out for next time I get there.

what is the contents of your message ?^"looking for a little pullback here, we dont "

are you long? are you short? what about your stop? what about your target ?

good morning again all,

my system was short yesterday from 1.8713, calls for long today at 1.8724 or
1.8784 , one order cancels the other. If bought at 1.8784, set target at 1.8926.
if bought at 1.8724, set target to reverse at 1.8768.

the probability framework oct20 pre-open is;
level gbpusd pbty
lt3_____1.8880___0.153
lt2_____1.8834___0.376
lt1_____1.8808___0.617

bstop____1.8784___0.891
sstop____1.8768___0.883

st1_____1.8746___0.594
st2_____1.8724___0.362
st3_____1.8690___0.155

good luck today, david

ChowClown said:
...now have a 4hr chart target of 8980 :eek: ....not for today though.
...posted this yesterday. Beyond the scope of today too perhaps.

I'll be long 783, short 752.