Currency Trading (Nov 13th > Nov 17th)

Where will GBPUSD close at end of week?

• Higher:150 or more pips higher than last Fridays close

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Same: Less than 150 pips from last Fridays close.

• Lower: 150 pips or more lower than last Fridays close.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Not bovvered - I go where the waves send me

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Most of my trades last 30 minutes or less (scalp)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Most of my trades last 2 hours or less (session open related)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Most of my trades last 8 hours or less (intra-session)

• Most of my trades last 24 hours or less ( daily pattern)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Most of my trades last more than one day (swing)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Baruch, the method i use fits around my personal circumstances. I trade no earlier than 8am.

You have to wonder how accurate some of these stats are. If shops and shoppers both reckon that Retail Sales have been slow, how can you get a stand out figure like that? It's hard to imagine Mr John Lewis saying after 9.30 "well, I thought we were hardly selling anything but actually the ONS have worked out that our customers can't get enough of it!"

mrng chaps so far been long and short will go long again at 839 and hold for the day

dc2000 said:
?? I thought you were a big believer in trading the news?

Yes, I am. But I trade the news after the news release. I try to get in before the spike, and if that's not possible, I try to buy the pullback.

Short,long and now -50 for the day, that's enough for one day. Still well up for the week, don't want to give anymore back, see ya tomorrow.

Yes, I am. But I trade the news after the news release. I try to get in before the spike, and if that's not possible, I try to buy the pullback.

I see, I dont trade news poor fills and wide spreads have caught me out before now

rav700 said:
I thought you might need a friend I am long @91..... :LOL:
eh-up Rav, i'm flat now, out for another (smaller) loss on the 94 long. I won't be re-arming the breakout orders today. Where's your stop mate?

So what are your thoughts today DC

Im looking to go long just for today only jumped off and shorted on the big spike Im now on the sidelines I will take another long if we get down to a reasonable level by midday/1pm ish

ChowClown said:
eh-up Rav, i'm flat now, out for another (smaller) loss on the 94 long. I won't be re-arming the breakout orders today. Where's your stop mate?

I have a 40 pip stop loss in @ 51
Not looking too good at the momment.......Might take my loss and quit for the day... :rolleyes:

I am out with a loss of 5 pips....too slow and as news is ahead...am not too confident of my position

Long from 8871, stop loss 50 pips below, looking to move the S/L at B/E if we get a decent rally,

what is the news that you're talking about and when it's released?

Last edited: