Currency Trading (Nov 13th > Nov 17th)

Where will GBPUSD close at end of week?

• Higher:150 or more pips higher than last Fridays close

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Same: Less than 150 pips from last Fridays close.

• Lower: 150 pips or more lower than last Fridays close.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Not bovvered - I go where the waves send me

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Most of my trades last 30 minutes or less (scalp)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Most of my trades last 2 hours or less (session open related)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Most of my trades last 8 hours or less (intra-session)

• Most of my trades last 24 hours or less ( daily pattern)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Most of my trades last more than one day (swing)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Legion said:
testing stop level if we get a 15 minute close @ 33 or> i be gone..

euro 1.2819 ? look left 3 or 4 hourlies , is this our salvation...... :|

short 1.2441 overbought again on my setup..

Holding short , steady as she goes, minor support poosibly @1.2386 yet anticipate sub 1.2350 next day or so. thats outta my control though

I should have gone short again at 07 but took my eye off the ball when the dollar was falling. I might regret missing it ....

Offshore Trader said:
I should have gone short again at 07 but took my eye off the ball when the dollar was falling. I might regret missing it ....

then again, you may not

JER08 said:
Morning all, shorted cable 9113, stop/target open.

Still holding the short but may exit soon.

All right, will hold it a bit longer. :)

Last edited:
Offshore Trader said:

Missed it too. Commence self-kicking!

Oh dear but still a profitable day and very good day yesterday....there will be plenty of other opportunities..good evening everyone

ChowClown said:
...connection issues with Oanda again this afternoon. Not impressed.

Yeah, not fun if your trying to day trade it... you can imagine the amounts of money and frustration caused by that whip whop in prices....

do you reckon they have some bloke shouting "nobble those ****ers Now"?

...certainly gives that impression. They say they will honour anything already on their servers prior to loss of connection and that has been my experience to date. Although the down time doesn't seriously damage my trading, it's unnecessary nonsense.

Morning all,

This morning's pending orders: long 8982.9; short 8911.7. Giving Capitalspreads a go too today.

Offshore Trader said:
I have no position yet but fancy we will see the dollar weaker today

you well could be right. my long is based on a break of trend bias for the asian trading, but dont think it will go far away, so take profits off the table when reversal patterns appear in the shorter time frames (1-5 min)

jacinto said:
you well could be right. my long is based on a break of trend bias for the asian trading, but dont think it will go far away, so take profits off the table when reversal patterns appear in the shorter time frames (1-5 min)

will leave long at be until it hits 85 if and when it does. so either +40 or 0. At 85 will assess.

Edit: out for be prior to the news.

Last edited: