Currency Trading (Nov 13th > Nov 17th)

Where will GBPUSD close at end of week?

• Higher:150 or more pips higher than last Fridays close

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Same: Less than 150 pips from last Fridays close.

• Lower: 150 pips or more lower than last Fridays close.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Not bovvered - I go where the waves send me

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Most of my trades last 30 minutes or less (scalp)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Most of my trades last 2 hours or less (session open related)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Most of my trades last 8 hours or less (intra-session)

• Most of my trades last 24 hours or less ( daily pattern)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Most of my trades last more than one day (swing)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown said:
...yes, i remember the posts a while back. Thankfully there are many freely available, profitable trading methods/strats to choose from to just run with as is or tweak to suit, but like you BO's suit me best.

Yes, I think BO's are the best to trade. All new big moves starts with a BO, don't they? ;)

dc2000 said:
statistically there are more reversals than breakouts

but that depends, of course.

not more reversals than breakouts from continuation price patterns ;)

yes, more reversals than breakouts from no patterns at all, unless one relies on the ultra reliable pitchfork-action-reaction setup :cheesy:

Short at 07 but a little concerned by the strength of support around here. Having said that, if it goes, we should get a decent move

jacinto said:
good luck Chow, and OT too.

Do you guys filter your trade with eurodollar?
Thanks Jacinto, i don't filter with anything on the strat i'm using at the moment.

Good luck today, if/when you're in.

ChowClown said:
Thanks Jacinto, i don't filter with anything on the strat i'm using at the moment.

Good luck today, if/when you're in.

thanks. i do filter it, and that is keeping me flat, until they are both in the same direction.

seems the market really wants to sell it. good luck mate

jacinto said:
thanks. i do filter it, and that is keeping me flat, until they are both in the same direction.

seems the market really wants to sell it. good luck mate

Before I used euro as a confirmation signal, but not anymore. I think Cable kan stand on it's own feets. ;)

Baruch said:
Before I used euro as a confirmation signal, but not anymore. I think Cable kan stand on it's own feets. ;)

fair enough. for me it doesnt necessarily have to be moving in the same direction at the same time, but with similar setups.

say, like yesterday, 123 at the top, one triggers befor the other. but both short. as opposed to today.

then again, guess one could use eurgpb as the filter as long as eurusd looks like a range, and then its the inverse......long setups eurgbp, shorts cable. but riskier IMHO as correlation will be imposed back at some point.

my 2 cents anyway.

Offshore Trader said:
Short at 07 but a little concerned by the strength of support around here. Having said that, if it goes, we should get a decent move

I also came in late after the news. I wish I had a Bloomberg, so I could ride the whole spike, as the big news traders do.

jacinto said:
fair enough. for me it doesnt necessarily have to be moving in the same direction at the same time, but with similar setups.

say, like yesterday, 123 at the top, one triggers befor the other. but both short. as opposed to today.

then again, guess one could use eurgpb as the filter as long as eurusd looks like a range, and then its the inverse......long setups eurgbp, shorts cable. but riskier IMHO as correlation will be imposed back at some point.

my 2 cents anyway.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that euro doesn't lead the way as often as it did in the past. I suppose different fundamentals between UK and Euroland is the reason.

Baruch said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that euro doesn't lead the way as often as it did in the past. I suppose different fundamentals between UK and Euroland is the reason.

Im not saying you are wrong. guess its the pips that counts, and nothing else. there are different ways of seeing it.

guess in cases like theses we are seeng a sterling play and not a dollar play, so on that front, you are right, cable can stand on its own. look at gbpjpy. however, at some point, cable will come back to be a dollar play, when eurodollar becomes a clear dollar move.

probably didnt explain it properly before.

Baruch... if I got the Big Ben .pdf right, it gave a 9005 area short this am, and first profits could be banked now (8965 area). Stops would be trailled. Gotta love the simplicity.

edu said:
Baruch... if I got the Big Ben .pdf right, it gave a 9005 area short this am, and first profits could be banked now (8965 area). Stops would be trailled. Gotta love the simplicity.

Yes, it's simple, but it works... ;)