US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

I don't think I am alone in reading the postings on this board in order to learn from those who have more knowledge and experience than I do. Whether I agree with others opinions is my choice but unless one has constructive criticism to offer it is only good manners to keep your opinion to yourself. No one is forced to believe in Tom's path or follow it. He has given a lot of advice which I for one have found helpful. I am very disappointed that the atmosphere on this thread have sent him elsewhere. There seems to be to much tetesterone and male ego flying around.

Is he upset, has he gone :?: Maybe he's got something else to do. :cool: I wouldn't think he's that sensitive. Probably having a laugh :LOL: at this pointless digging each other out ;)

My apologies to all on this thread especially the newcomers!

I will no longer post on this thread so that Sunseeker can come back and help you all.

good luck with all your trading.

I stopped posting because I got offended by rglen saying that whatever I said, you should take the opposite view. What pissed me off even more was that no one felt any urge to post anything to my defence. I cant see the point of posting on a site when there are no one to correspond with.

I stayed clear today because, in the words of RGLEN, it is easy to determine where the Dow is going in the longer run. I was going to let the man who use me as a contrarian indicator tell everyone on this thread where the market is headed. After all it is really easy to determine.

He certainly dazzled me today when he posted that the market was going higher then lower.

So Mr Rglen and for that matter BB, you can tell me I am wrong, which I am more often than I want to be, but you better fugin get your apologies ready when you start to belittle my work and expect me to eat raw and tell me I am sensitive, and in turn I have to listen to your nonsense about the market, which is posted wihtout the slightest thought or the remotest shred of evidence that any thought actually went into it.

Why would you stop posting? You got +4000 members waiting to be enlightened. It would be me who should stop posting when you open up that bag of wisdom that you are keeping from all of us.

So RGLEN, FOR THE LAST TIME, IF THIS IS SO EASY, WHERE IS THE MARKET GOING?

Tom,

I can appreciate your feelings, but when glenn makes the comment that he did , it isnt even worthy of any one replying to it!

I think subsequently, the posts that have been made vindicate the opinions of the majority of people on this thread!

I am still waiting for RGLEN to tell me where the market is going. Is it because I am a foreigner that I cant make myself understood? I want to know where the market is going, I was told it was easy to tell by RGLEN, and as he said himself, there are many newcomers here looking for guidance. He is a christian man, like myself, he cares about people, here is a chance to help a lot of people with something which is easy for him...

Sunseeker.
I have not posted on this thread until now and I am doing this to support you Sunseeker.Your target and time projections are extremely good.People cannot expect you to be correct all the time to the Nth degree.Please keep posting.I liked your recent target forecast about the FTSE and I must say your target of 4277 was as near as dam it to swearing. I sent you a mail via T2W about this and would be interested to see if you got it .I will PM you if thats OK,let me know if you want me to. Regards.

In my view Sun owns the thread (a.k.a. 'thread starter') so should keep posting or the thread will die. Contributions to the thread are with all due respect to its originator.

The path hath received so many positive comments over the weeks and often acknowledging that the turning points have proven very useful when the direction itself hasn't worked out - for a system predicting events/dates/times that is also a measure of success.

Perhaps the thread should be renamed from "US indices intraday trading for <Month>" to "The Path for <Month>" and contributions should be welcomed from a positive bunch of Path Followers :) It would also be clearer that no contribution from Sun means no thread.

Sunseeker,

I will leave you to your sun worshipers. I apologise for my 'tad oversensitive' remark but life is too short to fall out like this.

I wish you well,

BB

I wrote a far longer response than this, but deleted it. I dont think it will accomplish anything. You are right BB, life is too short for this............................................................................... :confused:

This is daft!! :LOL:

We're all here to learn about trading, right? So lets get back to it, and get the thread back to the happy state of affairs it was a couple of days ago!! I'm going to be crying into my beer otherwise!! ;) (and that would never do, ruining a perfectly good pint)

SunSeeker

I am surprised you have not had more response to this Sun but anyway here's my sixpenneth...

I only discovered this thread last week and have been watching contributions from both yourself and others with interest. I guess that we are all ultimately looking for the same thing i.e. a trading technique which works. My approach is to lookat as many techniques as I can and try to pick the best for me. This includes everything from technical analysis techniques, fundamental analysis and even the Mystique Meg approach if anyone is willing to divulge it.
I set out some of my thoughts in a mail here last night which included a statement that there is probably no perfect technique but so long as there are more winners than losers then we expect success. In that context criticsim of any individual failures in the 'path' would be invalid since evaluation should take place over a large number of trades/predictions [or whatever].

I also spoke of my inability to understand the background to rglenns approach since it consists of statements to the effect 'its going up' or 'its going down' without justification. I have also spoken to him offline in an attempt to prise the information from him but he seems unwilling to divulge. Without such background it is difficult to take anything he says seriously including the offensive comment.

From my point of view, and I doubt whether that carries any weight at all, I would ask you to continue. It is rare and indeed brave to find someone who is willing to 'stand-up and be counted' in this way.

Regards

Will

Sunseeker don`t let him eat you up. It`s not worth it. We love you and we love your courage and your foreigness and I`m giving you a virtual hug

and I can say all that because I`m old enough to be your mum

Sunseeker,you were kind enough to warn about a likely spike (maybe a month ago?) together with the form it would take.The spike appeared and performed in the manner you suggested it would. You often come up with background tit-bits as to what the big players are doing and how this manifests itself in the index's movement. So even without the path,your contribution is interesting to me.

ROFL!!!

Kat that is brilliant.

Sorry Tom, but much as I like your postings, there is no way you are getting a virtual hug from me. But here, sample this virtual pint of Hoegaarden... ;)

Tom

I posted this a long time ago, before I changed my name:

"Tom

You have inspired me to submit my first post!

I have been day trading full time for a year and made no money whatsoever (though, that was always part of my three-year "plan"). I have had to dig deep into savings to keep my family in the style to which they have become accustomed.

Every now and then I evaluate whether to continue or go back to my day job.

Your posts have been uplifting, and have given me even more determination to make trading work."

I haven't changed my opinion!

P.S. I lived in Norway for three years and several times I drove from Hirtshals to Calais. One of the most memorable nights of my life was an evening in Arhus.........., but that's another story!