US Indices intraday trading - JULY 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom, The Oystercatcher talked 600 on S & P, and 5900 on Dow medium term. He is like James Bond though. They tried to rattle him, but as ever cool calm and collected. He also gave in to the idea that IF this is now a Bull market (not his personal view) we would be due a decent pullback very soon.. He actually mentioned the 962 I mentioned last night. But as I said to a320 earlier, he can scare the $h1t out of you in 5 mins like you do sometimes. I mean that in the nicest possible way though!!! :eek:
a320..TH...Son of SatanBEAR!!!! ( strange father has more hair, but! :cheesy: )

CJ, you are in trouble now :)

I am a big fan of Oyst...

anyway, I dont mean to scare you D2000, just help you make so warm £££..

bedtime for once before midnight, there is an index that needs to be traded tomorrow, BUT it is my last day here...

I am going to the waterslide land in Mijas....ahh, to be a kid and run and slide :))))

Hey, I dont scare easy. Be nice to the kids at the waterpark though. Dont be ruining their day by telling them, the Dow is going to 6000, but could touch 9800 first. Every 10 year olds trading strategy in Mijas will be blown for the day. Then you will have no one to play with after 2 oclock. :( Off to bed now, and remember " Dont have nightmares, :devilish: its only Dow & S &P trading. What ever happens, youll still be breathing." (Maybe on a respirator though!!!) Goodnight :cheesy:

Tom, cheers for popping into the chatroom today, good to "speak" to you (I assume that was you, not Bullish Bear taking the p***)....your IP address went back to Madrid anyway, so I'm pretty confident ;)

Sorry about the p-taking, but I bet you expected it anyway, right? :LOL:

Cheers for now,

Matt

Thank you waqr

I've gone green again!!!! :D

Cheers a320

I missed Sun in the chatroom :cry:
Hope you lot went easy on him :cheesy:

Last edited:
Hey Sun, you just couldn't hold back any longer on the other thread then!

Well July has been a bit of a pig hasn't it, or has it? Stuck down in a range for most of the month it hasn't been very exciting, but I've still managed to squeeze out 63.5 ES points in profit. Below budget but not too bad considering.

So what is the consensus of opinion, will we break out for a good move today or not? I've a feeling it'll wait until tommorrow with some good follow through on Monday. The 1st of the month and monday's are usually the best days for big moves. Which way will it go? I don't care as long as it goes!

Tim

I'm with the bulls today, taking yesterday's boring range as a bullish triangle that started late Tuesday afternoon, and gave us a breakout at about 8.15pm last night.... If everything goes to plan (that'll be the day!) then that should give a YM target of around 9250-60 for some point this afternoon (around the 9280 s/t res level in the cash)

What will the day bring??

Fortune and glory, my friends, fortune and glory!! :cheesy:

You've hit the general consensus sidinuk... :D I note J b hasn't responded to sun's post, :confused:

Friends in the US are saying employments getting worse not better... so we'll just have to see if this is reflected in tomorrow figs :?:

Take it easy

a320

I have settled my differences with the bloke on the other thread. I suppose if someone wants free advertising on this website, they are entitled to post their trades and profits without giving away any of the methods behind them. It find it frustrating every now and then but that is my problem. From now on I intend to concentrate on trading. Hope that I can stick to it :)

Back from the water park already Sun :?:

I'd like another run on the stops around 1000, before a nice big correction down.

Hope we're not range bound between 986-990 :rolleyes:

CJ

Last edited:
Sid,

It would be great if we could get Vincent Stanzione to post some live trades...!

Sid, do you know what prompted me in the end? It is that the thread question is lazed with insinuations that index trading is not profitable. But it goes one step further than that. What do you intend to get out of the question? 4000 members saying "yes, I am" or " no, I am not" ???

What is the point of that. John is a teacher, so post some instead that T2W members can benefit from!

I am sure there are many who think that I have an axe to grind with John. Not so, but you have to remember that I am fiercely against anyone who is selling "dreams".

And I am double fiercely against anyone who says this busines is easy, and it is easy money....

I am the same person who in front of an audinece of 150 people said that 90% of all SB clients lose their money!

Is that good advertising? Yes, because by providing the truth you will allow people make up their own minds.

There is no way that all of those who attend John Bartletts seminar will make £1000 a month!

You might as well take it as gospel because you can not change the odds!

So for anyone who reads this and thinks that trading is for them I say welcome, you got a rocky ride ahead, but if you persist and realise that i may just take a little longer than a 60 minutes a week, you got a glorious future ahead....until then, dig in, persist, and realise IT IS NOT YOUR ANALYSIS THAT DETERMINES YOUR OUTCOME, BUT YOUR PERSONALITY

I should really post this on the other thread, but I will let it rest here!

But rest assuered anyone, I will not settle my differences with anyone who make claims of megabucks.

on that note, here is my humble contribution to this great site

Attachments

• chart no 43.png
    chart no 43.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 529
I am trying to log into the chat room to tell Ford he is a right tosspot, but as usual my techincal skills leaves much to be desired

Hi All,

I've been lurking about on here for a while now - thanks to everyone for the useful discussion (if I could work out how to vote I would). As one of those people who bought a 'dream' from advertising I am particularly riled by claims that are made. I lost 80% of my original stake in about a month (add that to the 90% who lose with SB companies - I hope they pay you well Sun!). The sheer volume of switching between equities, to futures etc. crucified me. Since realizing that the reality is much more hard work I have managed to crawl back. In fact it is only on trading daily s&p and Dow (more importantly ONLY those) that I have made money back! Focus on a small area is so important.

I really appreciate the fact that everyone is happy to take a kick when they are off the mark on this thread - and yet everyone appears to make a regular number of points and that is so crucial. The 'path' is paritcularly useful because it hits a lot of the turns bang on, this combined with a real and applied understanding of the basics (risk management in particular) contributes to a modest but predictable income.

anyway, I'm off to sell £1000 pp and hope 984 doesn't hold....

welshwarrior, I am VERY happy for that post....good luck, hang around, and learn....

yaki da? ( my poor Welsh, after 3 years in Aberystwyth)

Status
Not open for further replies.