US Indices intraday trading - JULY 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom - are you calling this an up or down day?

The path looks sideways but it can be deceptive because you can get more of a depth to the movement depending on sentiment?

looks like we're going higher then after the GDP figures.

Sun, your spot on with your comments. Making money has far more to do with your own personality than any analysis or system. It's the easiest money in the world when your winning, but the hard work starts when that losing streak does. No one can teach you how to sit tight and watch thousands drain down the market plughole.

Good luck all for this afternoon.

Tim

It`s about time I said hello. I discovered this thread a few days ago and I just can`t lurk any longer. Anyway I`m not the lurking type. My username on £am and advfn is snip but I see its been taken on this bb

I saw something yesterday: for most people, their fear of loss is much greater than their desire for gain

happy trading everyone

Looks as if DAX may make it up to top of channel around 3520.
Could be a strong day today,although seen US sell off before on data like this,although doubtful given 3 consecutive down days

Chicago pmi out at 10. That normally shakes things up a bit. Trigger fingers at the ready chaps!

A Nice move up toward the stops.

Better than range bound :cheesy:
Hope you stayed long as you said in the chartroom tom :D

CJ

I do like those red lines. Looking at today's path, Sun has got the time of first two turning points spot on (the red lines). The path looks to have been disrupted a bit by the news announcements. The Dow has just made a new weekly high and I would expect it to reverse again some time today, hopefully the next red line will give a clue.

Sorry Kat to have nicked your usual nickname... Its been my nickname in real life for years.

You don't happen to watch East Enders do yer... :D

Cheers Snip

hi snip. yes I do (and emmerdale, corrie, kilroy etc)

Do you post anywhere else?

Kat

This is the only financial trading forum I post on. I post on many racing forums under the same name, so if you are a racing fan, you won't get on many forums with snip as a nickname.. :D

I now have this vision of a dark haired women, red painted lips and large round ear rings. Do you look like Kat or is she your wannabe..?

Cheers Snip

I am thinking a turn here at 7pm as per path....

I noticed that the path turned down but there was so much buying interest that there was no discernable downtrend. When it turns up I wonder if we will see the second leg of this rally. I am a little cautios about getting too bullish even though I mentioned by the SQ9 we would turn today...the reason being is that tomorrow is initially higher but then it is down most of the day

a320 said:
[
I'd like another run on the stops around 1000, before a nice big correction down.

:

CJ [/B]

Pity I missed the down bit :( oh for those in the chatroom my cheeky long got stopped @evens less commish shame because it rose just after, but disaplines the key :!: (don't tell sun) :D

Good turning points today, hope everyone did well, I think sun had a very good day!!!!

Cheers CJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.