US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

Kat

Can I have a virtual hug please..

Did I tell you my wife doesn't understand me..............

when you are trading you can use all sorts of indicators, but to my mind the indicator called volume is the one that speaks volumes. I went long here ( but did not hold for that long !!!) at 994.50 on that volume spike. There was another reason why I went long, but i will let you figure that one out yourself....the volume was the biggest spike for the preceeding 4 hours, so it is ALWAYS worth paying attention to.

for you spread betters out there, I just bought some CAC 40 at minus 20, which means they are calling the CAC down tomorrow morning... MINE, as they say!!!!

Attachments

• 1012.png
    1012.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 519
anyone can have a virtual hug. Hugging is very important

crawford says that 18-22 aug astrologically is a happy time. Bullish

21 aug great positives and great negatives. So close stops and stay awake

26-30 one of the most intense times in all of history. Earthquakes, war, explosions, economic warfare

Rossored you are indeed a most helpful member; you made me feel welcome straight off with some background info you took the trouble to give me as a newcomer to Trade2Win.

When on this thread I complemented Rglenn on his correct forecast that the Dow was heading first for 9400, he in a reply to me simply said that "the markets are not that difficult to forecast". No way was that offensive to me - not at all! But deary me, wholly unexpectedly, the entire thread suddenly turned into 'hell-in-a-handbasket'.

So Rglenn very sorry indeed you have vacated this thread .. the very last thing I could have expected to happen from our simple exchange of sentiment .. which, hands up, I initiated.

Tom,
did you go long because that was previous resistance,now acting as support?I took similar trade on Dow when it pushed down to look at 9350.

Cheers

SunSeeker

Was the reason to do with the Stochastic Oscillator going below 20 and also the crossover D and K line?

Tom - you went long because it was a measured move from the high, and 994.50 was the target.

If that's not the correct answer, then it was the reason I did. :D

And the price goes to Skimble :), ( although the other answer are perfectly valid as well, but you dont have a clear cut stop point )you can give yourself a virtual pat on the back :), so in essence you have multi-signals, powerful sign....

its revision time

good night

KAT

"26-30 one of the most intense times in all of history. Earthquakes, war, explosions, economic warfare", can you elaborate please?

the reason I ask is because I dont subscribe ( and i dont want you to give away to infringe copy right )but i have an "event" in the same period....i cant describe what that means, it is just something we would rather not have....

A measured move is where one 'leg' is the same length as the next 'leg'. The leg in question was 5.5 points.

The price came down to form an A wave, then there was a flag which was the B wave, and then there was the C wave. A was the same length as C.

Attachments

• emini measured move b.jpg
    emini measured move b.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 466
urgh ! excuse my ignorance but now I'm completely confused. If, as CM usually says, the target was met on the 'C' wave, would u not expect another leg down after a pullback - I'd have thought that one would think about a long if the target failed. Help pls :)

Welcome back sunseeker :) Can't say I've got the hang of your path yet but am working on it in conjunction with CM's stuff.

They did go long.... 994 was horizontal support as well, so risk was minimum.In adition, the 5 min vol showed a big divergence. That all = a safe long entry with a 1 point stop..... But as you say, target was met, so you would need to keep in mind that there might be a reversal after a 2.5 point rise, 996.5. That would be the time to think about taking your profit and see what happens next....

oops, i meant short :)

ah, hang on, so basically because target was met, there was unlikely to be anymore downside (especially taken in conjunction with the other factors) - an up was expected (short term at least) so go long with stops.

Think what confused me with skim's comment was that maybe something special was happening because both down legs were the same length and indicated a long !

Am I interpreting the volume thing correctly in that because there is a huge increase in the volume of sellers at that point, the market stands a good chance of a reversal because there is no-one else left to push the price any lower?

rglenn,

it was I who said the dax is holding up .... too well for my liking but it's a fact .

I think in this day & age , it's quite obvious that the next catastrophic event will be another terror attack , but on a HUGE scale - that will murder the markets and rightly so.

BTW , I'm curious to know what was the remark that you made that was deemed offensive , I can't seem to find it .

Last edited:
sun: crawford has a short summary of astronomic activity at the end of each months mailing.

Word for word " aug 26-28 One of the most intense and interesting times in ALL of history! MARS at its closest passage and brightest in All of Written History, conjoined with uranus, tightly opposing a new moon and venus On the 28th, mercury in stationary retrograde while pluto is at stationary direct positions. Jupiter opposes and contra-controls uranus
IF WE DON`T HAVE MAJOR EARTHQUAKES, WE`LL BE MUCH SURPRISED
The meanings for mars are WAR, explosions, desire, anger also major REVOLUTION or economic warfare"

sep 1 we`re all resting up from The Rapture, Christ`s return, Nirvana, Apocalypse, End of days WHATEVER. The rest of the week quiet until early friday

sept10 If you lived through all that you get another chance

rossored said:
Am I interpreting the volume thing correctly in that because there is a huge increase in the volume of sellers at that point, the market stands a good chance of a reversal because there is no-one else left to push the price any lower?

No. It wasn't a huge increase of sellers, it was a huge increase of buyers. It was the big boys buying, and the volume was sufficient to turn the market.

Using volume in your trading decisions is an art not a science, and so you need to take the overall picture into consideration. 15,000 on a current 5-min ES bar is often, but not always, sufficient to turn a market. One of the clues that these were bulls/buyers was the fact that by the end of the 10 min bar they were able to push it up to close above the halfway point of that bar. That means that at that particular point, the bulls were stronger than the bears, and over a 10 minute period this is significant.