US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

Yes, I closed it for 12-15 ticks on various..

what bugged me a bit was that my stop in the DAX from yesterdays short was hit in a spike....:) look where it is now

hmm.caught me out too.Closed for -10 on spike back to 510,then abrubtly fell.Gonna wait for US open now,lost the feel for it today

cheers

Gosh, I've been on the beach for two days and all hell has let loose here.......glad it's all been sorted, and things are back to normal, this is one of the better BB on what I think is the best site, value for money etc; so lets all try to keep it that way. Eh!!!

Or I will be forced to come back to the UK and sort you all out....LOL.

1004 is stiff resistance now...it was a sell MOB, maybe after 19:00 tonight?

Attachments

• 1013.png
    1013.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 459
sorry guys, MOB stands for Make Or Break....it essentially means a level which is no more than a couple of ticks apart, and you want to be short below it and long above it. you will sell into resistance and buy the support

And there was me thinking it meant "mother of b*****ds".....
doh.Shows the pits of my thinking.....

johny 40 something,

mytrack/mybroker down at the moment, dont know why tho'.

Kipling said: if you can keep your head when everyone else is losing theirs....etc

trading equivalent:

If you can keep your head when everyone else is losing theirs, you most likely are sitting on a losing position and have failed to realise the seriousness of the situation

As A320 says: PANIC, it pays off

Sun - Do u think August is more difficult to trade than any other months (everthing else being equal)?

These range bound days are frustrating as i am no good at picking tops and bottoems.

Can somebody tell me what are the correct symbols for futures exchanges to bring up the charts in Sierra, I try the IB reference but no luck.

Sept; FTSE,DAX,DOW,S&P.

Thanks in advance.

I dont think the month is a question, but volume is...the middle of the day has been dead in both the US and in Europe.