US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

Generally speaking, I've noticed that the Dow & Ftse seem to move relative to each other and the Dax moves with the Nasdaq. Obviously massive generalisations.

Seems like I've killed this thread off because I made a few lucky guesses!!

Why do people get so jealous over something so trivial I will never know.

One of my stats looks useless. Yesterday should have been a one way day but because the open was 1 point lower than the previous close, it doesn't register. So I have looked for days that don't trade 10 points above and below the previous close. It works out as 19% for the last 1053 trading days.

Hope Sunseeker posts his chart. I am starting to drive myself crazy with all these numbers and I would much rather look at his chart :) .

Bigbusiness

19% doesn't look good- You'll have to abandon that idea and look elsewhere.

I have some pointers for you- will post them when I have finalised things.

I am a lurker here who unfortunately havent got much to contribute. I love this thread because there are people posting here who are sharing and explaining why they do what they do.

Sunseeker has not been posting now for a day and his last post was a response to another member saying that you should do the opposite of whatever he posted. This just does not add up. As far as I recall this guy posted religiously while he was on holiday. Does anyone know what is up or if he was offended? The comment seemed over the top to me.

Rglen, Yesterday you posted that you felt it was easy to predict where the Dow was headed. Would you care to tell us where we are going for the rest of the week?

rglenn said:
Why do people get so jealous over something so trivial I will never know. [/B]

I dont think anybody on this board is jealous of you.......

And I guess you really know how inane your comments are by calling yourself trivial!!! It says volumes!!

Try to understand what's been said first Daniel before you make a comment.

I said guessing correctly a few times was trivial!

It's not important if its not related to your trading.

People need to learn from others not depend on them.

If Sunseeker decides not to post again does it mean that everyone will be going around like lost sheeps- I don't think so!

I think you'll find that Tom has been offended by one or two of the statements made on the board yesterday by certain individuals - read back through the threads, I'm sure you'll see who they were made by.

As for being jealous RGlenn, I dont think so mate! We've nothing to be jealous of : all you've got is a couple of statements with nothing to back them up, so I dont take any notice of you anyway.

Besides, isnt it true that you dont need to know what the market is going to do in order to make money? You just need to know what its doing at that very moment. You can't predict accurately 100% of the time what its going to do : TA gives you an edge as to what it should do, and its certainly a better edge than guessing, but nothing is guaranteed.

Incidentally, RGlenn, I note that yesterday someone asked you (after you had said your technique wasnt suited to day trading) where you thought the Dow was going to go. Cant help but notice that you havent answered...why is that, exactly??

Costapacket

Just remember that this is just a guess

I see the Dow going up over 100pts before a sharp decline - maybe today or tomorrow.

Rossored I am happy that you ignore my comments- that's the best way- then you won't ge offended and you'll keep posting and enjoy your trading.

Rossored

Somethings are best left unsaid - you've already seen what can happen.

Incidently - though I have stated that I guess many people find that strange.

Why do you think so many people get the path wrong even after using their fancy analysis- because they have made a guess after looking at their data- but some people won't accept this because they think they are too clever.

thank you Rglen, but I dont understand why it is a "guess", because yesterday you said “but the markets are not that difficult to forecast”. I hope you don’t get offended Rglen, I just don’t understand how you can write it is a guess and at the same time say it is easy?

I have found another error with my spreadsheet! Will have a look at it after the markets close.

It is a shame if we have scared Tom off. This is his thread and if he tells us who has offended him, perhaps they should be asked to start a thread of their own and leave him alone. But you have to be a bit thick skinned to do what he is doing. I prefer to fight back rather than retreat.

Okay, I'm just going to finally say exactly what I and probably half the other people on the board are probably thinking :

You have absolutely nothing of use to say, they are all inane, pointless comments, and you categorically avoid all the logical, useful questions posed to you by people who are simply trying to clarify your technique - oh sorry, I mean guess.

Lets make this perfectly clear : it is you who has offended Sunseeker with your stupid comment about "going the opposite way to whichever he suggests" : for God's sake, the man is chief analyst for one of the major SB companies, and yet your comments indicate that you think you know the business as well as him? So why is it that you're not on Bloomberg or CNBC? I'll tell you why : It's because they dont hire morons.

This post will probably get edited by one of the mods, so enjoy it whilst it's here.

Glenn,

I think most people on this website are here to learn.

As a relative newcomer, I find it is very useful to get the views and analysis of very experienced and successful traders.

There are several on this site who are willing to share their thoughts. For us beginners it is invaluable to get these views as a way of learning and gaining experience.

It now appears that through your banal comments you have f**ked off one of the most respected contributors.

Now all we have to look forward to are your "guesses"!

I know whose comments I would rather have.