US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

Just copy it directly into whichever folder you currently have for Sierra - probably C:\SierraChart\data and say "yes" when it asks if you want to overwrite it.

Rglenn, don't rate trends as of much importance, but, no, congrats on a good forecast. Dow, although roadblocked for a while, broke through 9360 and made your predicted 9400.

Well thats so far today ..

fudgestain

Thanks for that! but the markets are not that difficult to forecast.

That's why you will find some people don't even bother with technical analysis. It can help however to finalise a decision.

My motto is what goes up must come down and vice versa.

I'm one of the lurkers on this board and dont feel the need to comment often, but that has to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard.

"The markets are not that difficult to forecast?" Do me a favour. Even Sunseeker gets it wrong sometimes and I'm sure he'd have your trousers down (so to speak) in the trading world any day of the week.

Blondeluwa,

Perhaps you should read RRG's posts. He seems to find it easy to predict the Dow. I think he has gone against Sunseeker and won a few times. I haven't seem him get it wrong many times. Shame it isn't like that for all of us.

There is a difference betweening predicting the Dow and forming an opinion based on the general consensus which can be gleaned from surfing the net all morning!!

This is where Sun stands apart!! To publish a chart everyday in such intricate detail stands him head and shoulders above 99.9% of commentators!!

Blondeluvva

Just feel free to say what you like it doesn't matter.

My trading is determined by my bank balance at the end of the day.

Just to clarify things a bit.

I don't day trade so I can't predict the Dow daily movements like Tom does.

However, over a longer period It is very easy to determine where the Dow is going.

If you use charts or technical analysis you can determine its movements quite easily.

Although I use charts I don't depend on them. My method is just a simple spreadsheet. It works for me.

Okay, sorry must ask this then :

Where is the Dow going next week?

Answers on a postcard please, or you could use toilet paper, whichever is nearest.

That's it Blondeluvva

Get it all out your system-then you'll be better equipped to trade!

rglenn

You've got me interested now. It is interesting and even brave to find someone who can advise on the direction of the Dow. Sun has declared his take on the direction for the next month or so but what is yours? [If I've missed it in a previuos post please direct me there and accept my apologies for asking]. Also I use an Excel spreadsheet for analysis but without the apparent success you have. Would you be prepared to make yours available?

Another lurker.

Hmm, but funnily enough no reply to my question..... curiouser and curiouser.

I see from reading previous posts that you dont reply to many peoples questions. I wonder why that is?

Anyway, must go. Far more interesting things to do here than spend all afternoon talking to you.

Here endeth the lesson. :devilish:

Someone is notably absent from this most interesting debate, and thats Tom :

It strikes me thats he's had a bit of a hard time on here of late (I'm not counting my constant p*** taking because thats all light hearted and I'm pretty sure everyone knows that)

It would be a shame if we were to lose him from the boards, don't you agree? So perhaps decidedly negative (and, in my view, downright insulting) comments ought to be kept inside thier owners' heads in future.

The thing about putting your money where your mouth is, as Tom does, ( and me on the odd accaision), sooner or later, someone is gonna try and whip the fivers right out of your mouth....