FX Trading June 11th - 15th

Whats your 'bigger' views for cable?

• Total voters
hmm well no overnight prod upside, Really tight asian. Sort of managed 1.9734 and fallen flat, neutral at the mo, waiting for a bit.

took a cable short at 9706 earlier hoping it will take out yesterdays low. if it sits around 9700 then will close it out.

Waiting to get short, just waiting for an entry... But i might be sat here sometime... If it doesnt pop up I'll be left sidelined.

jilly system would have worked yesterday.

hmm yeah, would her system today have a long 1.9720 ish, stop 1.9672? intersting to see if the stop holds until 9.30 Am. Thats what rattles in my head. Maybe we will get a rally higher to close it around 9.30 if not in profit. Or if in profit by 9.30 hold the bugger. :)

hmm yeah, would her system today have a long 1.9720 ish, stop 1.9672? intersting to see if the stop holds until 9.30 Am. Thats what rattles in my head. Maybe we will get a rally higher to close it around 9.30 if not in profit. Or if in profit by 9.30 hold the bugger. :)

No. Short last night because the daily high was set before the daily low. So short from above 20, about +20 this morning. Squarish yesterday and full +60 the day before. There may be something in this.....

General consensus today is more down after a hefty pullback, the sharpness of yesterdays reversal under 9800 would support this. 1st Target around 9640. However any close on the 4hour above 9760 not good for swing shorts.
Well done to all the shorts today!

So the hefty pullback to 9740 yesterday was an ideal trigger zone for the swing shorts.The bulls are guarding 9670-9640 level which now looks ripe for taking.TA perspective the LH's and LL's on the bigger tf's are not encouraging for the bulls.

Anyone riding the USD/JPY breakout rally since yesterday?

stopped out

Morning all.

I have mixed signals for cable at the moment.

On my short term 1 hour charts looks like it may turn but still going down on the 4 hour charts.

In anticipation of support and the 1 hour charts opted to go with a

long @ 1.9705. SL @ 1.9690

Target 1.9730+

Morning all. Sidelined at the moment on Cable as not sure of direction. Holding a Dow short so, praying for high US PPI number at 1.30

Morning all. Sidelined at the moment on Cable as not sure of direction. Holding a Dow short so, praying for high US PPI number at 1.30

Zuke, I have the DOW moving up with a H&S reversal mate. Made some more pips yesterday evening went long at 13450 in the end - having watched it for ages from 380 upwards. I have it going up to 13500-600 so be very careful imo.

I think the news even if bad will be superbly well received by the market - so I'm discounting it. Upon reflection like two days later market makers will react. :cheesy:

I will close my position before the news though no later than half an hour before and I'm not playing chicken...:cheesy:

Zuke, I have the DOW moving up with a H&S reversal mate. Made some more pips yesterday evening went long at 13450 in the end - having watched it for ages from 380 upwards. I have it going up to 13500-600 so be very careful imo.

I think the news even if bad will be superbly well received by the market - so I'm discounting it. Upon reflection like two days later market makers will react. :cheesy:

I will close my position before the news though no later than half an hour before and I'm not playing chicken...:cheesy:

Agree with everything you say, hence the word HOPE! I shorted (SB) at 13498, with a tight stop just the other side of 13500 res at 13518, so if Im wrong the damge wont be too bad.

i know this question would be better posted on the indices thread, but I suspect you guys monitor them anyway....

on CMC, the DAX and IBEX (new thread somewhere) all show start times of about 7-am and close at around 4pm-ish.

but, the Dow is 24-hrs!

does anyone know why this should be?
(the flatttish overnight activity messes up my MAs no end)

EDIT: my Cable short at 9711 got triggered, as per my post last night.

and another thing...

whatever happened to JonnyT? remember him?
and what of DC2000? has he been extraordinaraily renditioned or something?
and what about FetteredChinos?

we need a new website called traders-re-united or something.

and another thing...

The last thing I remember about Johnny T is that he became very disillusioned with trading as his "Spot On" b/o system when through a very rough period. Not sure if he's still trading. As for DC..I think he realised that his ability to call turns in the market were better suited to making him a billionairre! Some of his calls were unbelieveably good! Not sure about FC.

As an aside, my trading philosophy has totaly changed recently. I have spent the last 6 months, spending every minute I had getting to grips with the quant aspects of Tom Demarks indies as well as their use. I have been using them so the last 3 months (mainly on the Crude & Softs markets - my main markets) and they have been nothing short of amazing! I will start forward testing them next week on fx. Defo worth a look if you havent already.

and another thing...

I believe...

JonnyT > quit
DC2000 > took up mentoring
Fettered > got annoyed and lost interest (with T2W)

I think...

Morning all,
Took a beating on cable yesterday: sold the low of the day, got stopped out, re-sold and got stopped out again (had stop too tight the second time). Anyway, I'm short again from 690 a bit underwater as we speak. I think that it might be making some kind of "shape" (triangle or congestion range of some sort) in which case there'll be more of this indecision for some time.

On the upside I'm long EURJPY from 162.79 so about +80 on that atm.

Good trading to all.