FX Trading June 11th - 15th

Whats your 'bigger' views for cable?

• Total voters
No, long 1.9746 had to roll with it . Says up on my set up. paying top prices ,hope I dont get spanked for it. :) see value sub 30, dunno if it will get back there, but i'd be buying.

ok, good luck. ive just chickened out and closed a second ago....:eek:

well, kid wants to eat, and rather i feed her rathe than me burning her food watching price at its neck-breaking speed. so, 2nd trade of the day for +half a pip. :rolleyes:

edit: not my day, thats for sure.

ok, good luck. ive just chickened out and closed a second ago....:eek:

well, kid wants to eat, and rather i feed her rathe than me burning her food watching price at its neck-breaking speed. so, 2nd trade of the day for +half a pip. :rolleyes:

edit: not my day, thats for sure.

Cheers, that close out of your was timely. When I mention earlier re looking bullish, everything on my charts said breakout likely to upside, reading those 5 minute bars forming. my short term had also turned up,for the first time since early AM. We had a little bit of a fake down to 40 from 50. But the babies popped up. :)

Cheers, that close out of your was timely. When I mention earlier re looking bullish, everything on my charts said breakout likely to upside, reading those 5 minute bars forming. my short term had also turned up,for the first time since early AM. We had a little bit of a fake down to 40 from 50. But the babies popped up. :)

you can say that again, phew, that was a sure loss.

good trade CB, and good evening

j

eur/gbp

just noticed on the same day last year 12th june there was similar 40pt drop candle as today.

Hia all, currently short 1.9740. Not exactly a thrilling entry, middle of yesterdays range, but trade it short it says for the mo on my set up.

morning all,

for the time being expecting a test of 9775, if cable is to continue its move down, other wise expeciting consolidiation between 9730 and 9820.

morning all,

i have to learn to follow the initial plan and not change tack just like that. :rolleyes: plan said longs till 9775, didnt take them, shorted only, then 75 hit, and didnt short. so, ive been told im an idiot. :rolleyes:

well, new day. plan is to short on breaks of 20 and closing on failure to bust 9690, or 9650 or 9620.

dont fancy any position between 9720 and 9775. longs would face stiff resistance from 9775 all the way to 9820...if it even gets to 75 at all.

good day all

j

morning all,

i have to learn to follow the initial plan and not change tack just like that. :rolleyes: plan said longs till 9775, didnt take them, shorted only, then 75 hit, and didnt short. so, ive been told im an idiot. :rolleyes:

well, new day. plan is to short on breaks of 20 and closing on failure to bust 9690, or 9650 or 9620.

dont fancy any position between 9720 and 9775. longs would face stiff resistance from 9775 all the way to 9820...if it even gets to 75 at all.

good day all

j

hmm sounds like a sensible plan, Had an entry short flagged here at 1.9655/60

circa 2.30 Am. ( anyone up at that time?) ive taken best fill for myself at 40 this AM, but just reading weak bias at the mo, i'll ride out any whip of a test to 60 but im prepared for a snarly range again. :) Unless, dare I say it, a sustained break is coming ....

Caught an Aussie bloomberg chap last night talking of euro/usd to 1.30 sterling /dollar relatively holding up well x 2 more rate increase for cable likely, so maybe a test of 1.92 might be the extent of any downside if it comes this year? Maybe it might range 1.90-2.00 for 6 months :)

hmm sounds like a sensible plan, Had an entry short flagged here at 1.9655/60

circa 2.30 Am. ( anyone up at that time?) ive taken best fill for myself at 40 this AM, but just reading weak bias at the mo, i'll ride out any whip of a test to 60 but im prepared for a snarly range again. :) Unless, dare I say it, a sustained break is coming ....

blimy, you buddists take advantage of us when we sleep. :eek:

good entry if it busts down. and at a decent resistance level.

j

by the way, seeing a small HS on the 60 min charts, using closing prices. lets see if goes anywhere

Morning all. Short signal triggered so now looking for entry (I miss the good ol days where I didnt actually bother time entries and just pulled the trigger!), I will short in and around the 9744 region (rejection at the Vegas Tunnel on the 30 min) looking for 9675ish

Happy hunting guys/gals!

blimy, you buddists take advantage of us when we sleep. :eek:

good entry if it busts down. and at a decent resistance level.

j

No im short 1.9740, Although that 2.30 AM price was the marker to get short. I was asleep then too. Those Asians again , must be their turn in the banks or something to get profits balanced or increased. I dunno.

No im short 1.9740, Although that 2.30 AM price was the marker to get short. I was asleep then too. Those Asians again , must be their turn in the banks or something to get profits balanced or increased. I dunno.

i know CB, what i mean is that if it busts down, 20, then 40 will be stronger resistance, if 20 dont bust you have the option for a range or close with time.

agree, chaps in asia having fun.

i know CB, what i mean is that if it busts down, 20, then 40 will be stronger resistance, if 20 dont bust you have the option for a range or close with time.

agree, chaps in asia having fun.

morning guys

short at 9717 looking for 9692 1st target...:LOL:

bd.

Morning all. Short signal triggered so now looking for entry (I miss the good ol days where I didnt actually bother time entries and just pulled the trigger!), I will short in and around the 9744 region (rejection at the Vegas Tunnel on the 30 min) looking for 9675ish

Happy hunting guys/gals!

Just been stopped in SHORT 9724, Stop 9762, TP1 9648

good day all

j

the advantages of taking a kid to school. now waiting for a 60 min close (and 240 min for that matter) below 20 for opening the short.

good luck brutus / zuke

j

edit: will wait till 930, after the news.

lets see how long this channle holds.

got a close sub 20 which would confirm shorts for me, waiting for the news. dont want surprises. if i have to take a lower entry, it would be unfortunate, but thats all.

my mojo-2 chart

Attachments

• channel.gif
    channel.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 143
Bageed + 51 covered at 1.9689, might pop up, I'' consider reselling it. Gagging for a cuppa though.

mmm still flat.

sometimes think if i should just take trades when price dictates and ignore the news and be less risk averse on that front, other times risk aversion to news spikes-surprises prove the wise move. dunno, i still cant get my head around that for a strategy.

anyway, according to plan, 9690 is the next level for either entry-reverse-range. will wait and see. dont look too convincing for the time being.

bit annoyed, but well, plan would have been on the spot which is the only comfortable part.