FX Trading June 25th > 29th

As day traders, do you thinnk the biiger picture really matters?

• One must cover everything from fundamentals to the monthlies to have an idea of the next 15 mins.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Trendie, sorry to hear it, hope you will regroup and go forward with confidence. I have been trading lightly as I think there is a likelyhood of big reversal and the candle patterns together with the tight ranges kept me away from the market, as I didnt feel confident making a highprobability (profitable) trade. I shall also continue with some improvements to mystrategy.
I wish you very best.

short 2.0026 all afternoon.
cable on my hour chart is working its way into a corner of a triangle [rising support and straight res] that ends about 1am. the indicators look down on hrly even though the major trend on daily is still up.

so as going on a breakout against the trend tends to stall i have a limit at 50% fib retrace of hour trend at about 1.9980 which is also an earlier support.

edit
still stuck at R1 2.0014

Last edited:
Still short cable here. eyes popping out of me head.. ----> :eek:

Should have some further weakness kick in now, half hour odd... , Last words n all that, but just holding short while they digest news and then they sell the **** of it.

USDCHF Jacinto , holding that 1.2310 is it up from there for that pair now ?

USDCHF Jacinto , holding that 1.2310 is it up from there for that pair now ?

na, that already went -30 early this week.

im taking a flight down to tequila land for a week tomorrow, and wont trade, though i will take some time to papertrade the yen and test a couple of things i got in my mind. due to time difference (-6hrs to the UK), after a long lunch, look at the chart, and trade late NY time early Tokio Joe and exit on limits based on targets or on a New York cut :p

price still 'walking the five' on hourly
stop to b/e
opened up limit to 61% retrace which is P 1.9971

put buy order a bit above today r1 with limit to weekly r1 2.0072 in case of morning bounce up.

na, that already went -30 early this week.

im taking a flight down to tequila land for a week tomorrow, and wont trade, though i will take some time to papertrade the yen and test a couple of things i got in my mind. due to time difference (-6hrs to the UK), after a long lunch, look at the chart, and trade late NY time early Tokio Joe and exit on limits based on targets or on a New York cut :p

Yeah I knew you got clipped on the long from that number , just noticed how its reclaimed it and looks pretty funky trading off of it today...

Have a good break mate. plenty of tequila and a focus on the screen should inspire a few thoughts of creation.

dollar yen should be ok to trade , well its outpaced cable ,even eurgbp getting close to cables atr :)

have fun.

Yeah I knew you got clipped on the long from that number , just noticed how its reclaimed it and looks pretty funky trading off of it today...

Have a good break mate. plenty of tequila and a focus on the screen should inspire a few thoughts of creation.

dollar yen should be ok to trade , well its outpaced cable ,even eurgbp getting close to cables atr :)

have fun.

cheers CB, will do. will also get the time to understand paganism :LOL:
will be around and try to post my trades (paper next week, but trades nonetheless).

dollar yen :-0 what for.....will go for GBPJPY :cheesy:

j

Still short cable here. eyes popping out of me head.. ----> :eek:

Should have some further weakness kick in now, half hour odd... , Last words n all that, but just holding short while they digest news and then they sell the **** of it.

QUOTE]

Looks like it's still destined to be repelled by $2 at the moment, CB, but a break through might open a trapdoor down to about 850.

Cable has not reacted to the move on the Swissy and EUR/USD, both of the latter are printing a reversal candle formation on 15min chart well supported by the indicators.

daily up looks stronger than hourly down
but i have a free trade and so will let it take its course. :)

to get a close above $2 would give a platform for up?

Retired to the Cayman Islands?
I too miss DC2000 insight, hope he is well. I also have not seen Rav for some time now. It could be that with such a low volatility there was little one could do apart of trying hard to make 20 pps here and there. I would be good to hear from them. I do wish them the very best.

I'm still short from .9980, and waiting the for the drop to .9730. it's only a matter of time surely. can't envisage the BofE raising rates either :)

I too miss DC2000 insight, hope he is well. I also have not seen Rav for some time now. It could be that with such a low volatility there was little one could do apart of trying hard to make 20 pps here and there. I would be good to hear from them. I do wish them the very best.

dc system seems to pick out the big moves
and we haven`t had a lot of them these days

I have stopped trading cable
and I am looking to trade euro /usd , eurp/jap and the S & p
untill cable returns to the big moves

posters will return when cable starts moves around a lot

thanks to nkruger and options indices thread, there is the DAX and Ibex to trade.
dont like the Ibex, 6 pip spread.
but the Dax gives 80-100 pips a day with a 2-pip spread (CMC), which is comparable with cable on a good day.

only down-side is being wary of opening, due to it not being a 24-hr market.
(can mess with my MAs smoothness)

Dc2000

I have PM'd him to see why he's not coming on here... I'll let you know why if there is a reason.

He did join FF but I have just checked and he hasn't posted there so it's not personal I don't think ;)

Good job there are other markets out there other than cable to trade isn't it. Maybe the retail traders were getting too good at taking 'easy money' and the big boys didn't like it?

Last edited:
Morning all,
I closed my cable trade yesterday for a small profit - it was just going nowhere. I am rather annoyed that I missed this EURJPY long today. It's difficult when the entry occurs over night as you don't want to have to chase the market too much but on the other hand, like today, you end up being out of the move.

I know everyone else is going on about cable vol but I am personally finding that trading conditions just now are unusually good. I agree that cable has dropped out of the frame just at present but only for the last few days and if you look back on a 4h chart we've had a nice move up from 97 with very little counter move - it's been a great trend to follow. Also there's plenty of JPY movement at present, especially in EURJPY. I know that for the shorter term intraday traders it must be v. difficult on cable at present but perhaps it's a matter of "adapt or die" (someone's sig IIRC) but perhaps to different trading styles and time frames rather than necessarily different markets. Just my 2p's worth.