FX Trading June 25th > 29th

As day traders, do you thinnk the biiger picture really matters?

• One must cover everything from fundamentals to the monthlies to have an idea of the next 15 mins.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
think i'll go back to intra cable as the stops you need for daily cable is too big for me. My b/e short will probably be blown away tomorrow. i'll try the dailys on something smaller like eur/gbp.

looks like eur/yen is now in a range sitting on daily 21ema with poss breakout to upside [on my chart]?
if below i have target of 163.[55ema daily which is where it went on 12th june].

hectors not having much luck either although i would have been tempted to get something of the breakouts shown but i guess trend is king so why fight it?

cb

what time frame did you use on that? thanks

1 minute timeframe.. Ive got a 5 min chart too (secondary) , but thats it..

I find using the short frames better for detail and you can always keep an eye on hourlies or 4 hourlies etc by whopping a 60 or 240 etc close ma on the 60 second chart.

I dont like the longer trading knowing that intra and inter session trends shifts about 1-3 times a day etc..

I'm holding out for $2. Stop in place at 975, though...

yeah nice one phil, im done in by time sat here for 12 hours odd. :) i had a close signal to close in that early run up to 85 but it just didnt register as volatile enough. So I wouldnt be surprised to see it push higher towards 2, 2.0005/15 odd maybe.

Longer term, well on my 5 min charts, still v.strong.

If my wife wasnt in I'd be holding :) I better run mate...

hectors not having much luck either although i would have been tempted to get something of the breakouts shown but i guess trend is king so why fight it?

ah bless, he's not been very busy this week but at least he's being very disciplined.

Who needs to pay £££££ for seminars when you can watch videos like his :cheesy:

just keeping an eye on this gonna try a short when /if it goes mental upside..... guessing 2.0020/30 odd...

short cable 2.0038

edit: and since me dont like calling tops (not when the beast has been unleashed), stop at BE now.

stopped out, but rentered at the same price

Last edited:
short 2.0039. ie R2 looking for R1

shame i was late this morning or i would have gone long ie breakout with the trend.

it is amazing the disparity in broker quotes i was getting 3 mins ago. almost 15 pips between 2.

speaking about mass psychology and the 2.000 level. who isnt short?

i dont love that it is failing to bust 20 on the downside, and so again, moving stop at BE.

Last edited:
stop b/e.
also took on the dip a long on euro 1.3468 so i'm effectively hedged.
i still favour upside as i can't see a reason for it to go down yet.

edit
also put a cable order for r2 to r3 [2.0080] in case it takes off and put a sell order in at R3 for a 20 pt retrace.

2.0072 might be a target as its the weekly r1?

edit
closed out euro -5 after 5 8 x

hit cable r1 target +24

Last edited:
mmm, I wouldnt hesitate going long, if I got the light to go.

Interesting to see how this plays out , I suppose there will be a few "sell a failure" bulletins around at 2.0030 or something?

Maybe get a chance for longs 1.9950 odd later? dpends on volatility and what the price is at that time I guess.

long from r1 looking for r2. stop b/e.

edit
stopped out

Last edited:
this pullback, if it is not to take the highs, now gives me a measured move target at 9993, and ultimately 9972. will hold. still stop at BE.

Edit: but it necessarily needs to take the low at 07