FX-2007: Feb 5th > Feb 9th

Whats your weapon of choice?

• Total voters
jacinto said:
well, what a pity. i have had to stay flat all day for personal reasons. everytime there is an entry, a wife interrupts with "sweetheart, can you do X?, Sweetheart, can you take the car for service?

Lesson, send your wife to work. dont let them bu99er your day.

A wife? How many have you got jacinto? Good man. :cheesy:

errr, you are right. send them both to work

You only got two you poor thing what if you break one I'd get a couple more just incase Im sure it would be ok "many hands make light work" an all that

dc2000 said:
I will be long at 537

Good Call !

Am still hanging in there - I have t/L support on my daily chart at 542 so decided to move stop down to 29 - Lets hope we can rally from here

jacinto said:
not that clever really, smaller loss probably, but a loss. price action simply not helping.

We havent even thought of the ECB scenarios yet, and EURGBP seems to be seting up for a long = cable short? . till tomorrow too.
j

well, eurgbp has triggered its daily reversal pattern, question will be what will cable and eurusd do.

a_gnome said:
Hi there,
Since no one else has answered your question I thought that I would make a few comments. It is possible to trade successfully in all sorts of ways and traders end up finding something that suits them. However I would personally say that it is much easier to trade with the trend then against it. Therefore I would leave divergent oscillator trades alone for the time being - the market has a nasty habit of continuing in a trend despite the fact that all the oscillators are at extremes and signaling a reversal.

Hope this helps.
thanks.. u r a gentleman in deed! I see alot of break out strategy for cable. probably oscillators are not much useful for it.

dc2000 said:
You only got two you poor thing what if you break one I'd get a couple more just incase Im sure it would be ok "many hands make light work" an all that

it actually crossed my mind at the time, but then thought that 8 would be too much. the risk of one being unemployed was too large

it actually crossed my mind at the time, but then thought that 8 would be too much. the risk of one being unemployed was too large
How very thoughtful

From 4CAST
"......this has also seen EUR push higher versus sterling - and helped separately by a South Asian central bank known for their jobbing proclivities! This became self feeding as stops were taken out first on EUR/GBP, and then on cable. It may be a little late to say it - but we expect the jobbers to be back - this time buying pounds."

Phil Mibbutz said:
Can anyone say why cable fell, or is trying to analyse currency movements a waste of time?

It was just a technical move - the most powerful setup in the book which coincided with another lesser strategy. The resulting movement hit some "clean air" and, hey presto, 100 pips. The same strategy triggered on the NQ (Nasdaq) this afternoon but the result wasn't quite so spectacular! I call this strategy a "Federer forehand" because it's awesome!!!

c6ackp said:
It was just a technical move - the most powerful setup in the book which coincided with another lesser strategy. The resulting movement hit some "clean air" and, hey presto, 100 pips. The same strategy triggered on the NQ (Nasdaq) this afternoon but the result wasn't quite so spectacular! I call this strategy a "Federer forehand" because it's awesome!!!

You dont think that the absence of a BOE rate hike which some had already priced in and the resultant ajustment of positions had anything to do with it ?

c6ackp said:

Can you elaborate on clean air please and what this strategy entails please?