FX-2007: Feb 5th > Feb 9th

Whats your weapon of choice?

• Total voters
Back in where I left off

Short @ 9669

Edit : March 1.9300 short call looking like a good trade now :)

Just forward hedged for future longs, bought a 2 week put on cable 1.9300 stike for 20 pips

October trendline at 9580 and looking to add further shorts on a break

Attachments

• cable.gif
    cable.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
City Bound said:
BO short this morning at 684. I would prefer to be long but the system's the system.

Evidently my system - an inert set of numbers on a spreadsheet - is cleverer than I am!

zuke said:
Morning all. currently short from 9710 (based on doji on hourly at 0500 GMT). I should know better, but didnt follow my own system, so didnt scale out at 9650 like I should have. Im looking for a run down to 9610.

FAO wasp...when you get a chance, have a look at the MXN, HUF and PLN pairs and the GBP/ZAR cross. Very easy to trade and trend beautifully!

Out for +100. Will r-arm the short when price retraces to 9650's

Covered 9668 short @ 9597

First touch of the TL and needs a pullback now, looking to reshort higher

Attachments

• cable.gif
    cable.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 162
Phil Mibbutz said:
Can anyone say why cable fell, or is trying to analyse currency movements a waste of time?

BOE did not raise rates :?:

Edit : going long for a TL bounce long @ 9593 targeting 9650 ish

You never know with this pair. bought a 1 week 1.9750 call for 30 pips....... just in case :|

Last edited:
According to 4CAST they reckon someone took a big punt on the bank raising rates and had to get out pretty sharpish.

But if nearly everyone else expected no rate change, you'd expect a retrace back to 680-ish and an overshoot, surely? This 'someone' must have taken a very very big punt!

Can anyone say why cable fell, or is trying to analyse currency movements a waste of time?

the published reason will be because the BOE didn't raise rates, underlying will be that traders wish to get a better price for a long futures position going into April

By traders you mean the really big players who manipulate the whole market, presumably - the ones who make zillions out of the 90% who lose?

well, what a pity. i have had to stay flat all day for personal reasons. everytime there is an entry, a wife interrupts with "sweetheart, can you do X?, Sweetheart, can you take the car for service?

Lesson, send your wife to work. dont let them bu99er your day.

29Investments said:
Anyone for another late day reversal ? - Long at 9589, stop at 9549

I'm in quite heavy :)

EUR/GBP only has another 15 pips to run before it hits the.50 fib, USD on the back foot and Fiber heading up tp break yesterdays high.

A pullback on EUR/GBP will accelerate cable up

Attachments

• eurgbp.gif
    eurgbp.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 190
Phil Mibbutz said:
By traders you mean the really big players who manipulate the whole market, presumably - the ones who make zillions out of the 90% who lose?

you know them too :cheesy:

29Investments said:
Anyone for another late day reversal ? - Long at 9589, stop at 9549

Me too. Long from 1.9580 (hoping for bounce off fib and 30 RSI (21) level) on hourly charts

Last edited: