FX Trading June 25th > 29th

As day traders, do you thinnk the biiger picture really matters?

• One must cover everything from fundamentals to the monthlies to have an idea of the next 15 mins.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1.9971 is P

i'm looking for a 'breakout' of this mini range 2.0010-26
as it might be possible for a retest of the 2.0042 [R2ish]?

if it gives me a chance i'll go long again but i need a 5 8 x

1.9971 is P

i'm looking for a 'breakout' of this mini range 2.0010-26
as it might be possible for a retest of the 2.0042 [R2ish]?

if it gives me a chance i'll go long again but i need a 5 8 x

Tend to agree. If it breaks 0045, 0150 could be on the cards, maybe establishing a $2+ rate for some time. On the other hand, a drop below 2 again might trigger twice the amount of movement in the downward direction. Where's dc2000 when we really need him?

Was anyone aware of this event? I dont have it in any economic calendar

28 Jun 2007 08:48 GMT

BULLET: BOE KING: MPC members start evidence to Treasury.....
BOE KING: MPC members start evidence to Treasury Committee

Provided by: Market News International

Was anyone aware of this event? I dont have it in any economic calendar

28 Jun 2007 08:48 GMT

BULLET: BOE KING: MPC members start evidence to Treasury.....
BOE KING: MPC members start evidence to Treasury Committee

yeah was on bloomberg last night . Dont know how much of an event it is though.

thanks CB, no, i also have no idea if it is an event, but if he opens his mouth one way or the other, you know where things go.

example coinciding with 15 pip drop at the time it came out.

28 Jun 2007 08:50 GMT

BULLET: BOE KING: Inflation falling back quite sharply.......
BOE KING: Inflation falling back quite sharply
-- World economy has continued to expand rapidly.

edit. other comment

28 Jun 2007 09:05 GMT

BULLET: BOE LOMAX: Wants to see more data before deciding on.
BOE LOMAX: Wants to see more data before deciding on hike
- Has not seen much data since June meeting

thanks CB, no, i also have no idea if it is an event, but if he opens his mouth one way or the other, you know where things go.

example coinciding with 15 pip drop at the time it came out.

28 Jun 2007 08:50 GMT

BULLET: BOE KING: Inflation falling back quite sharply.......
BOE KING: Inflation falling back quite sharply
-- World economy has continued to expand rapidly.

mmm, i suppose with the inflation threat easing then it might gitter thoughts on rate rises to curb spending , might not be as agressive or needed ?

lol..... you got economics ? pound going to sell off from these levels ? On a fundamental basis outlook ?

in any case took out 50% for +35

edit, All out on the rest for 35 too. had enough of this trade. my child is ill, and have my eye on the screen, but my mind on that issue.

Last edited:
thanks oiltanker, got an indicator for my metatrader that calculates it and draws it, but it just obstructs the way i like to see my chart, and just dont pay attention to them.

im out on the full position now. my child is unfortunately ill, and cant see my chart and think of what is best for her at the same time.

but.......mexico beat brazil last night, and that cheers me up :D

daily pivot ranges don't work that often on cable now but the hourly's do but i don't want to mess around for 10pts on cable?

just been stopped on that sell. that's twice. if i had put 10pt limits on both instead of the full pivot range i'd be up 20pts. maybe that is the smart plan until and if cable wakes up?

still nice r2 to r1 this morning. :)

thanks oiltanker, got an indicator for my metatrader that calculates it and draws it, but it just obstructs the way i like to see my chart, and just dont pay attention to them.

im out on the full position now. my child is unfortunately ill, and cant see my chart and think of what is best for her at the same time.

but.......mexico beat brazil last night, and that cheers me up :D
Hi Jacinto, sorry to hear your child is not well. I think it is right to have a clear mind while trading and above all the kids are much more important that a few lost trades.

daily pivot ranges don't work that often on cable now but the hourly's do but i don't want to mess around for 10pts on cable?

just been stopped on that sell. that's twice. if i had put 10pt limits on both instead of the full pivot range i'd be up 20pts. maybe that is the smart plan until and if cable wakes up?

still nice r2 to r1 this morning. :)
I use pivots in a way of supporting the move on an intraday timeframe, not primarly as a turning point. A bit like stochastic to help me to map whether I am in buying or selling territory.

Morning all,
Good to see some of you have taken some money off the table already today. I'm long from 2.0010 looking for some follow through on this breakout. After all we had a failed break out to the downside yesterday (I wish I'd taken my own advice about that) so if it doesn't go on upwards from here then we could be trapped in some kind of hellish trading range limbo just below the 2.0 level for some time to come.

2be

yes

for turning points i use ema X's backed up with the usual macd, stochs etc
so yesterday on the hourly the 5 8 crossed at about midday and its been up since.[but i was in that experiment against the trend so missed it]. :)

i suppose why i use them when trend not certain is that if the call is wrong you can usually get out with a b/e trade or small loss?

anyway cooking chicken with calvados and the sun is out. :)

Swissy has made a nice move up, breaking a tight channel, wander if cable shall follow, gold has retraced in the region of 38%, nice set up for tomorrow

am taking tomorrow off (paper trading if anything, on blog)

have lost 7% of capital so far this month, which negates my 5% gain in May.

chuffin' Nora.