FX 2007 > Week 19 -23 Mar

Your favoured pair and timeframes used

• Total voters
I am short now for the next 2 days short @ 69 and 42 these are my position trades.......Come on let the profit taking begin

pbtrader said:
guess these boards are like most - you guys have no clue other than what everyone is saying.

Give us a clue then wise a55!

You obviously know what everyone else doesn't...

I am looking at the 14th and 15th February and we have had a similar run up and all the way back down again also .....so what if they took out the tightening policy out of the statement it still seems a bit vague...about what will happen in the future with the intrest rates.....
Secondly all my techincal analysis show that we are overbought .............
Thirdly Profit taking is going to happen......If we get the same effect like the 14th and 15th then we shall
see 400 again....Also may the force be with DC he was my guide...on this rocky path.....
He must be getting ready for south africa....now.....

Happy Trading everyone

rav700 said:
I am looking at the 14th and 15th February and we have had a similar run up and all the way back down again also .....so what if they took out the tightening policy out of the statement it still seems a bit vague...about what will happen in the future with the intrest rates.....
Secondly all my techincal analysis show that we are overbought .............
Thirdly Profit taking is going to happen......If we get the same effect like the 14th and 15th then we shall
see 400 again....Also may the force be with DC he was my guide...on this rocky path.....
He must be getting ready for south africa....now.....

Happy Trading everyone

I missed the ride up on all three of my instruments but really tempted to short now. The surge seems over whelming.

I may watch a A-Team America or something. When does Bernanke speak anybody know?

chaps could be 9710 here then I'll short... got out early from the short at 80...

Atilla said:
Give us a clue then wise a55!

You obviously know what everyone else doesn't...

Nah mate he is there just to wind people up on boards mate dont take note of Mr Pubetrader or whatever he is .......................

Well Done so you made the pips atilla and that is what counts........

On a serious note .....you got your shorts in or are you going long mate...?

Uphios....where have you gone matey .......I am waiting for some support on the short side????

Rav

Priceman said:
chaps could be 9710 here ...

Let's hope so, because I've been waiting for a few weeks for it to get there! Maybe there's something in long-term strats after all?
Anyway, certainly pleased to have resisted shorting the Dow earlier. How about you, dc?

rav700 said:
Nah mate he is there just to wind people up on boards mate dont take note of Mr Pubetrader or whatever he is .......................

Well Done so you made the pips atilla and that is what counts........

On a serious note .....you got your shorts in or are you going long mate...?

Yes +34 on cable but I've shorted SPX 1434.1 and up +27 on that so far.

I'm bullish on cable i'm afraid.

Now US market talking of open book or more down side on rates so I think $ will fall.

Gold has edged back up to 662 too. Fed looks like accommodating more liquidity.

Guessing a 38 or 50% fib retrace to 1.9650 or 1.9638 but be very cautious.

You may be right but I'm bullish at the mo on FA and TA.

I'm out of all positions at the mo. Up 55 on the day.

rav700 said:
Uphios....where have you gone matey .......I am waiting for some support on the short side????

Rav
Still here trying to read the messages through my tears. Not sure how I ended up with this short bias but it has been expensive this last couple of sessions. Shorted again but now running very tight stops. I can tell you when it is going to go down, shortly after I close all my positions!

The only good moves I have made of late was closing my swissie for break even (that looks really good now!) and a tiny bit of scalping that should have given me a clue. When each short entry is higher and a fistful of scalps only make a dozen points I really should realise I'm on the wrong side.

Uphios said:
Still here trying to read the messages through my tears. Not sure how I ended up with this short bias but it has been expensive this last couple of sessions. Shorted again but now running very tight stops. I can tell you when it is going to go down, shortly after I close all my positions!

The only good moves I have made of late was closing my swissie for break even (that looks really good now!) and a tiny bit of scalping that should have given me a clue. When each short entry is higher and a fistful of scalps only make a dozen points I really should realise I'm on the wrong side.

You know what I am not at all afraid to admit my losses and boy oh boy have I had some....I am not joking ......I am a bear more than a bull it come with nature...just a shorter generally....okay what is the score......I have lost quite a bit of money in the last 3 days.....but overall I am b\e cos of some big scalps.....
I am short now and am expecting atlest a retracement ....I still dont understand how cable can carry on but I have a large stop as it is a positioned trade....
So I am short at 642 looking for 555 and then a rebuy to go long I guess..... but I thought I would let you know my position is pretty heavy hence I have a stoploss @ 942

I need to take some time out and examine what I am doing wrong. I kind of know what it is but seem unable to do anything about it. Take this last move, I got long on 14th at 9220 and strongly fancied a large up move, perhaps 400+ pips, but we know it does not do these moves in a straight line. I came out 9275 expecting a small pull back where I would get long again. It didn't work so I longed again at 9296. All well and good but now I felt I had dropped 21 point so next time the advance hesitated I got short at 9310 trying to catch the overlap and get my 21 points back. The market moved up (as I had first suspected) and I was 'trapped' in a short where I had expected the market to move up!. A few scalps later and I am more or less even but then get caught in a second short on the next spurt. So here we are, I have mostly shorted a move I expected to go up.

Matron, please shoot me!

Uphios said:

Hi Uphios, I'm sorry to hear that but I think I know what you mean. I don't trust these brokerage institutions especially when markets are closed and the moves in these volatile markets are so severe I find you do have to watch the screens and if you are going away to set SL or Limits.

I've lost a lot too and also I miss out on so many moves when my view on direction is correct - like yesterday and today it really hurts. But losing money hurst more than not making it. It's like physical mental pain.

Now, I am so cautious I rather miss making money than lose it. And as Rav mentioned before don't tollerate losing position. Kill the B4st4rd trade before it possesses you. I've almost developed a mental rage towards losing positions. Physco perhaps. :cheesy:

Golden motto drive on the correct side of the road. MAs are like glowing lights and I'm the firefly.

I have also discovered something strange in my trading. I trade more profitably on smaller stakes than larger ones. Must be physchological but my win to lose ratios much higher on small stakes than high ones. I put it down to losing money disturbing my judgement and mind. So at the mo, I'm just trade smaller stakes.

You probably know all this but just to share some of my painful experiences and wish you profitable trading next time.

Rage is correct Attila. But look at my last post, this position I am in all came about because I let slip the opportunity of 21 points. It hadn't even cost me any real points but I get so focused on recovering that 21 points I am now god knows how many down. Crazy.

I am totally cluesless as to where we go next. It looks like there is still a little more upside in this yet but needless to say I have just added to my short position.

Repeat after me 'I must stop marrying positions.....'

Uphios said:
I need to take some time out and examine what I am doing wrong. I kind of know what it is but seem unable to do anything about it. Take this last move, I got long on 14th at 9220 and strongly fancied a large up move, perhaps 400+ pips, but we know it does not do these moves in a straight line. I came out 9275 expecting a small pull back where I would get long again. It didn't work so I longed again at 9296. All well and good but now I felt I had dropped 21 point so next time the advance hesitated I got short at 9310 trying to catch the overlap and get my 21 points back. The market moved up (as I had first suspected) and I was 'trapped' in a short where I had expected the market to move up!. A few scalps later and I am more or less even but then get caught in a second short on the next spurt. So here we are, I have mostly shorted a move I expected to go up.

Matron, please shoot me!
Fair play to you mate for your honesty. I usually hide and beat my head against a wall for a while when I do stupid things, last place I want to be is on here looking silly. We usually always know what we're doing wrong but can't stop ourselves can we. If in doubt stay out. As long as you are acknowledging that you are doing something wrong and can stay out until you sort that out you'll be fine and bounce back. I still make the same mistakes.

best of luck to ya

My current thinking on cable is... hammer on the hourly 1900 bar, that's my short / long area. 52 was the low after the move up which still didn't overlap the mornings high, then on the 15min we have had 4 double tops, two at 92 two at 87. So I MAY short from 50 or long from 94. Anyone else have some thoughts?

Uphios said:

Matron, please shoot me!
Honest Post! Maybe when you feel that the market is bullish and is set for a large move, just take long positions ONLY no matter what. I am sure the market will present good opportunities to trade again.

see ya'll in a few weeks

hope things get better uphios taking some time out sounds good

forgot to say Im now looking for 524 this will be a key area as todays price action above 671 opens 752 which we would see early Friday if we dont break 524 tomorrow this would push the time frame forward for the 378 into late next week