FX 2007 > Week 19 -23 Mar

Your favoured pair and timeframes used

• Total voters
Currently having difficulty breaking 30 if it does then 44 is on the cards and higher...but I cant really see it breaking out over night.....at this point in time....
I should at least get 15 pips out of this trade ....Waiting for it to fail

A slip of 4 pips will bring my 15 pips in the bag that what my TA shows......:)

what a beauty......................+20 pips in the bag
So the total for tonight is +35 .....hahaha..

I feel good now I am out I dont wanna be to greedy...
So I have another 115 pips to achieve by the end of this week
Goodnight all Cu at 5

Howdy all,

I know I've not posted much here for a while but been on holiday and doing some 'trading soul searching'....

Coming over to NZ has put a lot of things in perspective and made me think and decide what I really want from trading and where my life should be heading. I've put in some long old hours over the last 18 months and whilst its been worth it financially and educationally, I have come to the conclusion that I no longer want to spend most of my hours in a day in front of a screen.

Whilst I can happily trade price and make a living, the hours and the stress don't make an equilibrium. The HMA X strat I have running does the job. I'm aware its 'weak hands' and lagging and I really don't care. It captures 80% of moves, I make more than I lose and I put food on the table and a parachute over my head when need be. It means I no longer have to think, analyse, read, study or care whether Bernanke puts rates up or down as it will capture the best of any move regardless.

Anyhow, my point being, I have a couple of strats now running on different markets and I value my free time more than my screen time now, so I am hitting semi retirement (at 31, woohoo) and accepting my lot as a weak hand and placing value of life with a good income over skill and ego at picking the best price in the market.

Why tell you all this? Well, just that if you have a strat that works, it makes more than it loses, and keeps a roof over your families head, sometimes its better to accept it and be happy than spend more time trying to be the dogs proverbial...... Besides, posting on a forum is cheaper than a therapist!

In closing, thank you to everyone who has helped along the way, provided light entertainment en route and helped me forge my way to the trader I am now.

I am going to sort my API's and go fishing instead, I'm earning a very comfortable living so now going to enjoy it................

Cheers again to all and good trading to everyone and if anything in my departure, I'd say, get a plan, trade that plan, be happy with a liveable income and enjoy, I know I'm going to......

adios one and all........

Christian

Attachments

• cowboy_sunset_op_420x287.jpg
    cowboy_sunset_op_420x287.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 164
Good luck to you Wasp. I do hope you drop by now and then and tell us about your fortunes, fishing and life on your head. Write your password down, your sure to forget it!

Good luck.

Seconded Wasp, good luck. Keep popping in to see our struggle with understanding cable and let us know if you've had to tweak your strats as time goes on.

Now then, I logged back on to CMC this morning to see my stop hit to the pip at 33 on the short. :mad: However, none of the fall that happened to 83 last night is shown :confused: did anyone stay logged onto the platform last night and can you still see all of the moves from last night? typical really I should know better. My limit was 80 so not a happy camper here.

So am back in again on the short side but not sure if that drop briefly to 04 was a false move. I'm going to automate I think and take away this heartache.

oops edit looks like it's falling after all....

Priceman said:
Seconded Wasp, good luck. Keep popping in to see our struggle with understanding cable and let us know if you've had to tweak your strats as time goes on.

Now then, I logged back on to CMC this morning to see my stop hit to the pip at 33 on the short. :mad: However, none of the fall that happened to 83 last night is shown :confused: did anyone stay logged onto the platform last night and can you still see all of the moves from last night? typical really I should know better. My limit was 80 so not a happy camper here.

So am back in again on the short side but not sure if that drop briefly to 04 was a false move. I'm going to automate I think and take away this heartache.

oops edit looks like it's falling after all....
CMC charts same as yours. Alpari show a max low of 93 and I have just joined you my stop has been hit 40.

Good Luck Wasp,,

I Probably learnt something by you wonderful goodbye speech.....
Hope you get what ever you set to achieve in life

Happy Trading
Rav

rav700 said:
Make it or break it time for Cable.......................
Already out of cable for b/e though I would like to see it drop just to encourage my failing swissie position.

wasp said:
Howdy all,

I know I've not posted much here for a while but been on holiday and doing some 'trading soul searching'....

Coming over to NZ has put a lot of things in perspective and made me think and decide what I really want from trading and where my life should be heading. I've put in some long old hours over the last 18 months and whilst its been worth it financially and educationally, I have come to the conclusion that I no longer want to spend most of my hours in a day in front of a screen.

Whilst I can happily trade price and make a living, the hours and the stress don't make an equilibrium. The HMA X strat I have running does the job. I'm aware its 'weak hands' and lagging and I really don't care. It captures 80% of moves, I make more than I lose and I put food on the table and a parachute over my head when need be. It means I no longer have to think, analyse, read, study or care whether Bernanke puts rates up or down as it will capture the best of any move regardless.

Anyhow, my point being, I have a couple of strats now running on different markets and I value my free time more than my screen time now, so I am hitting semi retirement (at 31, woohoo) and accepting my lot as a weak hand and placing value of life with a good income over skill and ego at picking the best price in the market.

Why tell you all this? Well, just that if you have a strat that works, it makes more than it loses, and keeps a roof over your families head, sometimes its better to accept it and be happy than spend more time trying to be the dogs proverbial...... Besides, posting on a forum is cheaper than a therapist!

In closing, thank you to everyone who has helped along the way, provided light entertainment en route and helped me forge my way to the trader I am now.

I am going to sort my API's and go fishing instead, I'm earning a very comfortable living so now going to enjoy it................

Cheers again to all and good trading to everyone and if anything in my departure, I'd say, get a plan, trade that plan, be happy with a liveable income and enjoy, I know I'm going to......

adios one and all........

Christian
Best wishes Wasp, thanks for sharing your experience and perspective on life and trading.
Wishing you happiness and may your nets always be dropped in proper places, using every opportunity to.. live your life to the full.
2be

Last attempt I think to break 55 if not we should see the 30's zone again..
Yen and swissy showing some strength

I need a 5 point cross to go short.....hmmm

rav700 said:
Last attempt I think to break 55 if not we should see the 30's zone again..
Yen and swissy showing some strength

I need a 5 point cross to go short.....hmmm

Spot on -

Looking for top of Asia range to act as support and now long from 429 looking for a 96 handle

29Investments said:
Spot on -

Looking for top of Asia range to act as support and now long from 429 looking for a 96 handle
Tram-lines on cable 1hr, caution on any longs for now, on enlargement looks like a bearish piercing pattern,

Last edited:
29Investments said:
Spot on -

The pip count increases to +65 :cheesy:

Attempt number 3 on the 30 bypass............Break it and make it our day....

Anyone else long at this point....