Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Lower by at least 200 pips

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • irrelevant to my trading style

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dc2000 said:
Good things come to those who wait an all that, but does cable not realise it has an appointment with destiny @1.9573 and I hear she's a goddess worthy of getting a rush on
Well if it would just rush to 170/85 area first nothing will stand in it's way for a return to the high 5's.

dc2000 said:
Good things come to those who wait an all that, but does cable not realise it has an appointment with destiny @1.9573 and I hear she's a goddess worthy of getting a rush on

you sure its not a typo, and you actually meant 1.7935

indices doing well plenty more to come todays just an amble down before the sprint tomorrow

jacinto said:
you sure its not a typo, and you actually meant 1.7935

nope that what is says

Attachments

• ball2.JPG
    ball2.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 403
that will be why I have to thump it on the top to make the picture clearer

anyone looking to exit their Dow positions after lunch 076 ish and wait for tomorrow

An afternoon Dow mini rally should give those cable shorts an exit for a few pips

272 and 326 this range is now getting a bit too much for me.......
Hopefully we can break this tommorow........I have to admit now even I am confused about the direction.I guess there wil not be much action tonight but tommorow should do it in the morning so Like today will have to move with the momentumm

Happy Trading Rav
Wed.
3/14 4:30am JPY Industrial Production m/m (r) -1.5% -1.5%
7:45am EUR French CPI m/m 0.3% -0.3%
9:30am GBP Claimant Count Change -8.0K -13.5K
9:30am GBP Average Earnings Index +Bonus q/y 4.0% 4.0%
9:30am GBP Unemployment Rate 5.5% 5.5%

10:00am EUR Industrial Production m/m 0.2% 1.0%
10:00am CHF ZEW Expectations -17.3
12:30pm USD Current Account -204B -226B
12:30pm USD Import Price Index m/m 0.7% -1.2%
12:30pm CAD Industrial Capacity Utilization Rate 83.7% 84.2%
12:30pm CAD New Motor Vehicle Sales m/m -4.0% 5.6%
3:30pm USD Crude Oil Inventories -4.8M
6:00pm EUR ECB President Trichet Speaks
6:30pm NZD RBNZ Governor Bollard Speaks

rav700 said:
272 and 326 this range is now getting a bit too much for me.......
Hopefully we can break this tommorow........I have to admit now even I am confused about the direction.I guess there wil not be much action tonight but tommorow should do it in the morning so Like today will have to move with the momentumm

Happy Trading Rav
Wed.
3/14 4:30am JPY Industrial Production m/m (r) -1.5% -1.5%
7:45am EUR French CPI m/m 0.3% -0.3%
9:30am GBP Claimant Count Change -8.0K -13.5K
9:30am GBP Average Earnings Index +Bonus q/y 4.0% 4.0%
9:30am GBP Unemployment Rate 5.5% 5.5%

10:00am EUR Industrial Production m/m 0.2% 1.0%
10:00am CHF ZEW Expectations -17.3
12:30pm USD Current Account -204B -226B
12:30pm USD Import Price Index m/m 0.7% -1.2%
12:30pm CAD Industrial Capacity Utilization Rate 83.7% 84.2%
12:30pm CAD New Motor Vehicle Sales m/m -4.0% 5.6%
3:30pm USD Crude Oil Inventories -4.8M
6:00pm EUR ECB President Trichet Speaks
6:30pm NZD RBNZ Governor Bollard Speaks

Hi Rav,

I believe the markets are confused because that is the intention of the Chancellor and BoE.

They are changing the inflation indexes and nobody knows what it really is. The whole point of benchmarking is so that you have something to compare against. I believe true inflation is approx 3.4% and rising.

So taking fuel out having taken mortgages out doesn't tell you anything. The administration is fudging the headline inflation to keep wage inflation in check + lots of foreign immigration to apply downward pressure on wages + young popullation to boost impending pension crises.

Similar problems apply to US.

Also, the $ is likely to have downward pressure due to no interest rises but also slowing economy. I still believe it will eventually fall and needs to fall to correct fundamental problems with the US economy. The timing I'm not sure about.

I think Jacinto was discussing indecision on one of his threads and perhaps he might contribute towards some decision on the likely direction of cable. :idea:

Last edited:
Atilla said:
Hi Rav,

I believe the markets are confused because that is the intention of the Chancellor and BoE.

They are changing the inflation indexes and nobody knows what it really is. The whole point of benchmarking is so that you have something to compare against. I believe true inflation is approx 3.4% and rising.

So taking fuel out having taken mortgages out doesn't tell you anything. The administration is fudging the headline inflation to keep wage inflation in check + lots of foreign immigration to apply downward pressure on wages + young popullation to boost impending pension crises.

Similar problems apply to US.

Also, the $ is likely to have downward pressure due to no interest rises but also slowing economy. I still believe it will eventually fall and needs to fall to correct fundamental problems with the US economy. The timing I'm not sure about.

I think Jacinto was discussing indecision on one of his threads and perhaps he might contribute towards some decision on the likely direction of cable. :idea:
The fall of Dow did not trigger any rise in USD v currencies looks like a double whammy for the prospect of the US economy to continue the upward momentum. US, UK and the rest of Europe over the next few months might see a scenario when the economic indicators will be measured like Richter scale, not how good, but how bad they are and what is the damage. This will make USD less stable, GBP might shadow the USD with a kind of deviation and EUR who knows, shall bounce in a nice wide range, with a slight up bias.

rav700 said:
Any body Range trading Tonight??

Turning bearish on cable. Tough to call direction.

I see a descending triangle which is likely to give way.

Looking like if it brakes 280-270 then it's likely to go down to 220 regions.

I think it's best to stay out for the time being.

Good luck...

This is really frustrating me today....I am waiting to neutralise my positions and I am going to sleep...................I am still bearish but just cant put ma finger on it...

So it is currently having difficulty breaking 300 again if it fails 2 more times I will leave my position in if not will cut ma losses

To use someone's analogy from yesterday - is the bow string fully pulled back or about to snap? Long and hoping.....