FX-2007: Jan 22nd > Jan 26th

Will we see $2 soon?

• Total voters
Anyone know if we can listen to what King says on Bloomberg online or wont it be broadcast?

Hmmn, now I have a dilemma. My system says close at 16:00 but Mr King will be speaking at 19:00, which might cause a move. Do I obey the system (it's not 100% concrete but it's a rule of sorts) or my discretion?

My stop is at BE (from 795) so I can't loose as such, which would lead me to say "stay in overnight". However I think it's unlikely we would see a large move upwards during the Asian session, the trophy resistances, if you will, seem to be the preserve of Europe and the US. Difficult to discern discretion from greed.

I would always follow your system if you miss a trade there will always be another. is the stop guaranteed at that level?

zuke said:
Wel, Im resigned to eating baked beans this week if it reaches my stop (9925). I've had two losers in a row this week, so will take a few days break if this trade goes against me.

Your persistence seems to be paying off! :cheesy: good one. Got stopped out at 1.9906 Moved my stop quickly as I was going out. Imagine that :eek:

hi

some extracts from mervn kings spech tonight (from Dow Jones newswires)

The balance of risks to output growth and inflation has shifted towards the upside,' he said.

As a result, the MPC has raised by 75 basis points since August, King said.

Had it not done so, then the peak in the interest rate cycle would have been higher, King said.

'By responding early to changes in the inflation outlook, the MPC ultimately needs to raise interest rates by less than would be the case if we delayed,' he added.

and

the MPC is tasked with keeping CPI inflation at the 2 pct target on a two-year horizon. If it deviates by more than one percentage point from the target, King has to write an open letter to the Chancellor of the Exchequer explaining why.

'Since we are so close to the level that would trigger a letter, let me instead write a letter to you,' King told his audience.

The minutes to January's meeting will be published tomorrow morning and King hinted that there continue to be divisions on the MPC.

'The month by month path of interest rates required to bring inflation back to target is a matter of judgement,' he said.

'There is certainly room for reasonable people to disagree about the level or timing of changes in interest rates,' he added.

it seems reasonably dovish to me - and not much reaction from cable, but eur/gbp is up a couple of pips.

cheers
dewi

Still short looking for a good exit mid morning/midday and a second entry later in the day for a run towards the pre Burncake speech target

morning all,

i would like to give an opinion about price and where it is heading today, but i feel i cant. my opinion yesterday was worth -50 pips, so will keep to myself :LOL:

seriously, seems like the BOE minutes will give market a little shake if they are not as dovish as expected after King's "hints".

good trading today. will be a tough one with an asian session that doesnt look like a range anymore.
j

Sadly that fall happened just before my system started. Otherwise it would have been a nice range and a good break out.

BO from 752.

Unfortunately for me I am in France (still waiting for the baby to come!) and watched it earlier and had the chance to get in from 9800! Didn't like to get in before open of European sesh. Hey ho wait for next signal.

What am I doing posting during the trading day? Must stop doing that!

Missed all the fun yesterday on the short! just woken up and dont believe what's happened! - still trying to catch up on the news, anybody why GBP has been slaughtered?

Long, hit widened stop on way down, opened another long near the bottom and ended up +1. One day maybe I'll get a news announcement right...

What you looking for today DC?

I closed one of my short at 19706. Looking to re-enter. Im thinking we might see 19780-19800 level before another drop.

Phil Mibbutz said:
Long, hit widened stop on way down, opened another long near the bottom and ended up +1. One day maybe I'll get a news announcement right...

The problem there were two bits of news with conflicting effects on sterling. That has happened quite a bit lately but it's just one of those things and more opportunities will come along. It could have been worse, I was long got stopped and reversed near the bottom. Pay back for a really good day yesterday, I guess :rolleyes:

Offshore Trader said:
The problem there were two bits of news with conflicting effects on sterling. That has happened quite a bit lately but it's just one of those things and more opportunities will come along. It could have been worse, I was long got stopped and reversed near the bottom. Pay back for a really good day yesterday, I guess :rolleyes:

Yep, on reflection I was pleased to come out slightly ahead, having suffered a dose of slippage when the first stop was hit. All my losses are the SB co's fault, of course!!

Hi chaps I will be exiting my short very soon then will be looking for another entry for a short

a 680 would be nice and a 775 for re entry

4 pips too many there looks like I may have to miss a trade. Go straight to target do not pass go and do not collect 200 pips :( still we'll get them on the way back :LOL: