FX-2007: Jan 22nd > Jan 26th

Will we see $2 soon?

• Total voters
Me too chaps I know I said up up last night but didn't expect it to get there so soon this morning !

Now short cable (EUR/GBP going up)

PS sorry I did say I wasn't coming in here during the day aswell....

Morning all, missed the ride up and my short has been triggered at 9830. Stop is at 9865. Here's hoping 9850 strong res holds.

FWIW, still long the cable position I entered last week with a view to it breaking through the December highs. Have effectively hedged out the dollar element this morning by going short JPYUSD, so now long by proxy GBPJPY. GBPJPY chart is interesting - 10 year highs.

Jack o'Clubs said:
FWIW, still long the cable position I entered last week with a view to it breaking through the December highs. Have effectively hedged out the dollar element this morning by going short JPYUSD, so now long by proxy GBPJPY. GBPJPY chart is interesting - 10 year highs.

The GBP/JPY has been one long bull run since 11 Jan. After the BOJ didnt raise rates last week, there still seems to be some juice left in this rally. However, when it falls, it's going to tank!

Morning everyone

Well at least we are getting some movement today.

Cable now approaching the offers in the 9840/50 area. still holding short from Friday and added again this morning @ 9824. BOE minutes tomorrow will either give us the push to 2.0 or if it indicates they may hold off another hike until March-April then we could pullback. EUR/GBP getting a bit of a bounce tthis morning.

Holding the 9850 call option so some protection if it does break higher.

Still holding GBP/JPY short and added another yesterday, that looks like it wants to try for the 1998 previous high of 241.06 so am prepared to hold current shorts and look at adding again if we get to that level.

GBP/CHF still holding shorts and added yesterday,

The GBP/JPY and GBP/CHF trades are longer term.

Current open positions below :

Attachments

• open positions.gif
    open positions.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 173
  • geppy.gif
    geppy.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 199
looks like Im coming to the end of my bullish stance from last week I will be turning at 854 for the short term trade

Was feeling a bit naked on the GBP/CHF shorts, just bought a 1 week call with a 2.4900 strike for 14 pips, just in case :|

Edit :

EUR/GBP looking very stretched on the downside. daily forming a nice hammer if we end up the day at current levels, cable o/b on the daily and a nice divergence on the 4hr.

USD coming off this morning as people beginning to realise that even though the recent data has been good there is no more upside potential on the USD with the FED on hold into Q3/4 this year.

USD correction might help the beleagured YEN and assist in a bit of a carry unwind.

same story on GBP in that the hike and recent strong data has pushed it up but I think it's getting close to it's limit before a pullback.

EUR/USD still has a lot of upside potential, one analyst on Bloomberg this morning was calling for 1.46 this year,

Happy with my current positions.

How's everyone else playing it ?

Attachments

• pairs.gif
    pairs.gif
    115.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Stopped out, every time those 15 minutes turned down , they reversed. waiting for a turn down but i'll roll short to long if it happens again.

dc2000 said:
looks like Im coming to the end of my bullish stance from last week I will be turning at 854 for the short term trade

Hi DC

Nice entry short if you just picked it up on that spike :)

JohnG FX said:
Morning everyone

Well at least we are getting some movement today.

Cable now approaching the offers in the 9840/50 area. still holding short from Friday and added again this morning @ 9824. BOE minutes tomorrow will either give us the push to 2.0 or if it indicates they may hold off another hike until March-April then we could pullback. EUR/GBP getting a bit of a bounce tthis morning.

Holding the 9850 call option so some protection if it does break higher.

Still holding GBP/JPY short and added another yesterday, that looks like it wants to try for the 1998 previous high of 241.06 so am prepared to hold current shorts and look at adding again if we get to that level.

GBP/CHF still holding shorts and added yesterday,

The GBP/JPY and GBP/CHF trades are longer term.

Current open positions below :

JOHN - which broker do you use for options?

Thnx John g

with regards to Pricemans thread about posting trades, but with no declaration of strategy:
can anyone point me in the direction of pricemans thread

Marwan2010 said:
JOHN - which broker do you use for options?

Hi there.

I use Saxo Bank for all my trading,

Just added another short on GBP/JPY @ 240.86

USD on the back foot but USD/JPY being held at 121.30 once it breaks below there GBP/JPY is going to head down with it.

GBP/CHF looking good

I wonder how long it'll be before Fleet street starts dusting off the "we're going to see $2!!!!!" headlines. It could be tomorrow if we stay here.

I'd be happy with a "$2 to the £" headline as reporting today's activity but I'm sure we will see a dip to take out my longs first

JohnG, what's your take on USD/JPY now? Had a couple of (profitable) shorts earlier this morning, but it seems to be going nowhere. Any theories appreciated!

as the price has signaled a better entry for the short I will exit my current short at B/E and wait for the 941 ( may have a small long )

Phil Mibbutz said:
JohnG, what's your take on USD/JPY now? Had a couple of (profitable) shorts earlier this morning, but it seems to be going nowhere. Any theories appreciated!

Hi

Anything to do with the Yen is difficult right now, all the majors are in extreme long positions against it.

Since USD/JPY broke that 9 year TL it's been headed for the 121.40 high from 2005 and broke it last week but like all the others its getting stretched on the daily and there's been minimum follow through

USD weakening today but the 121.30 bids holding so far on USD/JPY

I wouldn't like to say we definatley have a short term top, but a close today below 121.40 or a break below 121.10 would suggest we are going to get a pullback, the daily chart is trying to rollover.

Just my own views though - and I could be very wrong.

Attachments

• usdjpy tl.gif
    usdjpy tl.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 180
  • usdjpy.gif
    usdjpy.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 175