FX-2007: Jan 22nd > Jan 26th

Will we see $2 soon?

• Total voters
Thanks, JohnG... I've just decided to forget about the Yen for a while and go back to cable with a short. Not looking too good so far.

OK..swimming against the tide again. Im short from 9875. Not fully convinced about the strength of this rally. GBP/CAD is shooting upwards due to lower CAD CPI but Im looking at 9905 max before a turn downwards on Cable. Famous last words!

Oh, wait, what's that I hear on the wind? I think it's Journalists sharpening their pencils and cries of "stop the presses!". I would put money on seeing some of those headlines in the morning.

Seeing the big 2.00 on cable now relies on Mervyn giving us some hawkishness or, at least, no dovishness at 7:00.

Afternoon all,
Exciting stuff! Will it slow down here or are we going to push straight on for 2.0000?

VEBO Variant is long from 1.9760 odd with higher than average size (due to the low preceding volatility) after a bit of a whipping in the preceding days due to the lack of direction. As usual with this system it's lots of whipping with the occasional big move to make up for it.

a_gnome said:
Afternoon all,
Exciting stuff! Will it slow down here or are we going to push straight on for 2.0000?

VEBO Variant is long from 1.9760 odd with higher than average size (due to the low preceding volatility) after a bit of a whipping in the preceding days due to the lack of direction. As usual with this system it's lots of whipping with the occasional big move to make up for it.

well done mate, i had the same entry.....err on the other side.

j

zuke said:
OK..swimming against the tide again. Im short from 9875. Not fully convinced about the strength of this rally. GBP/CAD is shooting upwards due to lower CAD CPI but Im looking at 9905 max before a turn downwards on Cable. Famous last words!

Wel, Im resigned to eating baked beans this week if it reaches my stop (9925). I've had two losers in a row this week, so will take a few days break if this trade goes against me.

jacinto said:
well done mate, i had the same entry.....err on the other side.

oops! I hope you got out promptly.

BTW Jacinto what does your signature mean - I tried running it through the Google translator but it wasn't that clear?

Covered cable shorts for a loss @ 9901 it could pullback but prefer to just take them off the table, the 9850 call is looking good so will run with that into tomorrows BOE minutes and then see where we are after that.

2.0100 by tomorrow pm anyone ?

a_gnome said:
oops! I hope you got out promptly.

BTW Jacinto what does your signature mean - I tried running it through the Google translator but it wasn't that clear?

yep, took a -50, originally posted 45, but was -50. the cost of an opinion vs pattern. too bad.

the signature means:

in order to kill the bull, wait until it aligns the hooves. bullfighting. it means that it opens a little hole at the upper end of the back for the mortal kill. it is the same principle as the Roman "soldiers death"

edit: it reminds me of double tops :cheesy:

j

still short infact about to be shorter than a short man in short shorts

dc2000 said:
still short infact about to be shorter than a short man in short shorts

Asian overnight range traders happy today ?

Attachments

• tuesday.JPG
    tuesday.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 167
Return to find myself impaled by another spike on cable. Six winners in a row was probably too much to ask, though.
My forecast now is that it will definitely, maybe, go up, or down.

(Perhaps)

Hmmn, now I have a dilemma. My system says close at 16:00 but Mr King will be speaking at 19:00, which might cause a move. Do I obey the system (it's not 100% concrete but it's a rule of sorts) or my discretion?

My stop is at BE (from 795) so I can't loose as such, which would lead me to say "stay in overnight". However I think it's unlikely we would see a large move upwards during the Asian session, the trophy resistances, if you will, seem to be the preserve of Europe and the US. Difficult to discern discretion from greed.

Anyone remember that scene from American Beauty where the guys wife is getting fcuked by the estate agent guru called 'King'.... "How'd you like being nailed by the King" he asked her. Hilarious

Could be a story for later depending on what he says....

City Bound said:
Hmmn, now I have a dilemma. My system says close at 16:00 but Mr King will be speaking at 19:00, which might cause a move. Do I obey the system (it's not 100% concrete but it's a rule of sorts) or my discretion?

My stop is at BE (from 795) so I can't loose as such, which would lead me to say "stay in overnight". However I think it's unlikely we would see a large move upwards during the Asian session, the trophy resistances, if you will, seem to be the preserve of Europe and the US. Difficult to discern discretion from greed.

FWIW I would say that if you are following a system (as I am) then there is no question as to what to do, you just follow the system. If you are allowed some discretionary input then you could for example split your position in two and trade half by the book closing it at 1600 and half discretionary - so you have a punt with the rest.

HTH

City Bound said:

Close half your size at 16:00 ans leave the rest to run to target or B/E. Surely a win-win situation?

This is beginning to look like a proper downtrend, and if I hadn't messed up my stops earlier I'd be slapping myself on the back instead of nailing my head to a coffee table.