FX-2007: Jan 22nd > Jan 26th

Will we see $2 soon?

• Total voters
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GBP short @ 9738

Crap Buddist said:
Perhaps Phil they have been put off with your psychic call last friday long 700 to 60 :)
Or just waiting for a break from between 700 and 780 perhaps.

No signals from Mystic Meg today, unfortunately, CB, although I'll probably short if it gets to 760. My feeling is that something dramatic will happen fairly soon, though. Just wish I knew which direction!

Doris Stokes reckons it's going to have another go at 760, then either plunge or rise by another 40.

Phil Mibbutz said:
Doris Stokes reckons it's going to have another go at 760, then either plunge or rise by another 40.

:) hmm cable shown strength looking at dailies and 3 hourlies but both on my setup up are below an average trend line, the 3 hourlies turned down this sunday, but what weve not really seen is a force upside to trigger long orders.

Maybe this is this afternoons play. You dont always get a forced upside but it would be nice to see one ,but not as im short :) Maybe we just get a mini mark up as is happening now trading mid 60's and no higher.

I must say that it is surprising that cable is not busting resistance, while eurgbp is having a go at busting long term support. more reason to stay flat IMHO

j

Euros heading towards the bottom of fridays range while cable is closer to the top, if euro holds we can see new highs i believe, euro breaks and we are probably heading south for the remainder of the day/

Keeping an eye on the sessional trend from this point, cable needs to be trading 55 and not limping around for long positions, too much more of this stagnation and weaker prices will be on the way 5mins.

Phil Mibbutz said:

Nostradamus foretold of a "great dragon descending from the south with a cup of peppermint tea".

clearly this is a sign to go short?

EDIT: my indicators are sideways on all timeframes, ( no trend ) except on the 4-hourlies, even they show weakening, ie; no pullback entry.

trendie said:
EDIT: my indicators are sideways on all timeframes, ( no trend ) except on the 4-hourlies, even they show weakening, ie; no pullback entry.

agree with you 100%. day over for me. shouldnt have even bothered. catch u guys tomorrow.

j

with regards to Pricemans thread about posting trades, but with no declaration of strategy:

I am trialling Hull-MAs on 21 and 55. ( I really like the change of colour when direction changes )

I am also using 5-EMA-High and 5-EMA-Low (both offset by 3) as a sort of Ichimoku "cloud".

Despite the above, I might as well toss a coin, as I tend to ignore the signals! :rolleyes:

trendie said:
with regards to Pricemans thread about posting trades, but with no declaration of strategy:

I am trialling Hull-MAs on 21 and 55. ( I really like the change of colour when direction changes )

I am also using 5-EMA-High and 5-EMA-Low (both offset by 3) as a sort of Ichimoku "cloud".

Despite the above, I might as well toss a coin, as I tend to ignore the signals! :rolleyes:

I trade naked, only read price and price patterns with the eventual help of tools like fibs, pitchforks, and an ATR based support-resistance indicator.

j

edit: sometimes look for coyotes all over the place. lol

Well guys, I didn't do any better by myself today that's for sure. What the hell is cable doing? Some big orders gonna be hit soon! Let's hope we're on board.

I am similar to jacinto, look at the price action on the daily and hourly. Look for breakouts, reversal patterns. Have a couple of EMA's on there just for direction or trend. I do like reading the James16 stuff too.

Didn't do any good today though. Aweful. Hope some of you got some pips from that. Tomorrow's another day and let's hope it decides which way to go! This rangey stuff is really difficult to decipher.

Just back from usual 3-hour lunch and unamazed to see that cable had gone nowhere. Looks like a long now, though, possibly due to droopy DJ?

its spikes like THAT that indicators cannot capture in the way trendline breaks can!

Not a good day for me either. Short at 33 long at 61 then gave up on the dip around 3.30 before the only move. The consolation is that having had a week or so of little movement we should see a decent breakout in the next few days. As long as it doesn't happen outside of London hours.....good evening everyone