FX-2007: Jan 22nd > Jan 26th

Will we see $2 soon?

• Total voters
is a bit quiet, innit. should have held my short longer. also lost a few attempts on longs only for small losses on each. Not a bad day though.

Whats the magic 8ball saying?

Where am I

dc2000 said:
where is everyone today? All down the pub me thinks

No - marking essays. One student states that the Dordogne is in Wales :cheesy:

Whats the magic 8ball saying?

Magic 8ball should we buy the dip tomorrow

Attachments

• 8ball.JPG
    8ball.JPG
    2.3 KB · Views: 492
No - marking essays. One student states that the Dordogne is in Wales

Class. deserves an A* dont forget to mark report "Should do well on Big Brother"

Speaking of which I once had a school report comment that said "More elusive than the Scarlet Pimpernel"

I once had a school report that said ''must have wax in his ears'' , hence my screen name :)

j/k

Still here, but too embarrassed to post today after losing on a trade by pressing the wrong button and going short instead of long. The timing was spot on, too! Sat there staring in disbelief at my stupidity until down 25pt.
If I may be so bold as to ask, Mr DC, what sort of distance away do you set stops, and do you widen the gap before news? Or are you too sensible and close everything before a potential spike upset?

dc2000 said:
where is everyone today? All down the pub me thinks

err, just back frome the aforementioned (new word for me since i only know the bullfighting language . lol). did i miss anything?

well, seems like me wants to go long and target 9820 and then go short to target 9590, but since at the moment my opinions are of a rather low value to me, i guess i will have to pass til i get me patterns right :D

j

If I may be so bold as to ask, Mr DC, what sort of distance away do you set stops, and do you widen the gap before news? Or are you too sensible and close everything before a potential spike upset?

I dont set stops as such. I will have a level that I am comfortable with the price going to, if it breaks this level I look to calculate a breakeven exit within a timeframe if this is not possible then the trade would be exited. With normal news spikes things usually calm down after half hour or so and give an exit and reverse

Hopefully the tighter Asian range will produce a better result for my system today. Yesterday I got stopped out at BE after the 9:30 news so missed the run down, indeed, had I started an hour earlier or lived 160 miles South South East (in france) I would have made ~155 pips. But that's hindsight.

Breakout longs at 74 cable and 77 euro, s/l at break even. Let's hope it just goes straight up today not all the whipping around we saw yesterday

My recent 100% record of being the wrong way round at figures continues. Out of EUR long at B/E but still long cable although unortunately also got a VEBO long before the figures at 28, so average 01.

dc2000 said:
now short looking for 575 area for the turn

say the short trigger was at 9700;

are you making a guestimate that the High of the day is in;
and you are looking to take about a days range? ( 125 pips or so )

trying to unravel your thoughts is fascinating! :)