FX-2007: Jan 22nd > Jan 26th

Will we see $2 soon?

• Total voters
733 was the short trigger if you ask me from yesterday not this morning... I think he was waiting for the confirmation again this morning though. still can't work out his strat though. I had that as a long target (wasn't on board unfortunately) My strat still says short but did take a quick long earlier on this morn.

Priceman said:
733 was the short trigger if you ask me from yesterday not this morning... I think he was waiting for the confirmation again this morning though. still can't work out his strat though. I had that as a long target (wasn't on board unfortunately) My strat still says short but did take a quick long earlier on this morn.

Hi Priceman,

any sprog-news?

j

Hi J, no news yet although mini-contractions have started (Braxton Hicks apparently although that's new for me, neve heard of them before)

Anyway what am I doing posting during the trading day!! Still got no discipline have I, I'll never make any money as I like talking too much :LOL:

Priceman said:

Is 9650 the next Support point to break through?

Attachments

• dc2000.GIF
    dc2000.GIF
    73.9 KB · Views: 186
Priceman said:
Hi J, no news yet although mini-contractions have started (Braxton Hicks apparently although that's new for me, neve heard of them before)

Anyway what am I doing posting during the trading day!! Still got no discipline have I, I'll never make any money as I like talking too much :LOL:

sprog news dont count as posting. :cool:

and braxton hicks is a price pattern :cheesy:

all the best with the birth.

j

trendie said:
Is 9650 the next Support point to break through?

hi trendie,
that could be the case,

it seems like you have 2 long setups.

1) double bottom triggered at 9700 for the long, target 9750,
2) 123 triggers 35, target 9820

if and only if 9650 holds.

j
ps: my opinions are not worth much this week so take with a pinch of salt

Thanks for earlier reply, DC. I've tried the 'mental stops' method with paper trading and it worked very well, but when real money is involved it's more difficult to keep faith in one's predictions! Presumably you occasionally suffer a fairly large loss if the price spikes when you're already close to a calculated stop?

say the short trigger was at 9700;

are you making a guestimate that the High of the day is in;
and you are looking to take about a days range? ( 125 pips or so )
not really a guestimate. about 150 pips will do and should leave another 30 ish but that could be overnight

jacinto said:
hi trendie,
that could be the case,

it seems like you have 2 long setups.

1) double bottom triggered at 9700 for the long, target 9750,
2) 123 triggers 35, target 9820

if and only if 9650 holds.

j
ps: my opinions are not worth much this week so take with a pinch of salt

Hi jacinto with respect to your weekend comments I've been following and participating in the GBPUSD and I would say you were spot on.

The tips or analysis on www.forexnews.com was also almost 100% accurate.

I think it's more likely to be a timing issue.

Keep the comments flowing...

Atilla said:
Hi jacinto with respect to your weekend comments I've been following and participating in the GBPUSD and I would say you were spot on.

The tips or analysis on www.forexnews.com was also almost 100% accurate.

I think it's more likely to be a timing issue.

Keep the comments flowing...

thank you for your comment Atilla. i appreciate it. unfortunately there is a disconnection between 2 parts of my brain:

analysis vs opinion. the dominant force is switched the wrong way around. working on that one.

j

Thanks for earlier reply, DC. I've tried the 'mental stops' method with paper trading and it worked very well, but when real money is involved it's more difficult to keep faith in one's predictions! Presumably you occasionally suffer a fairly large loss if the price spikes when you're already close to a calculated stop?

Its not an easy thing to do and not something I would recommend to everyone losses are rare and about 30 to 50 pips on cable what is more common is to see a good profit wiped out if the news spikes the price

Inside bar on hourly cable chart (10am bar), make your mind up so we can do something else!

Everyone gone to sleep again, or no posting because it takes too much concentration to scalp 12pts in this narrow channel?

Definitely a scalpers day today. Hopefully we will see a decent breakout tomorrow. It all looked good for the first half an hour this morning, then the market retraced stopped me out and has then done nothing. Oh well, always tomorrow.

Watch this space... we'll all bu66er off, call it a day and all hell will break loose! I got out of my short and took a long then got out of that for a few pips each. Most confusing action! Still not convinced on the long side yet. Will just go with what it presents me.

Oh misses (8.99 months preggers) wants to go shopping! That's it for me then for a couple of hours. Save some pips for me chaps please. Tempted to put a limit in but not confident enough...

A demain!

been reading boxingislifes thread over on Forex Factory using multiple-Stochs to buy/sell retraces.
(a variation of the Jimmer "slingshot" method)

the market moves arent big enough for SB - need about 30-pips, and I missed the AM move up.

a null-day for me.

Licking wounds after GBP/JPY debacle (someone went short as I was going long - well done), but having more luck in gold and silver at the moment. I'm not saying anything as it's always the kiss of death when I stick a live trade on this board, but gold chart looks... ;)

I have a question, generally what is the acceptable risk to reward ratio traders are operating with ? is it for the sake of arguement for a £100 stake the potential reward is £1000 or is it for a stake of £100 the return is £5. - After a string of successesI need to go back to the drawing board !